Comic 897 - Move a couple boxes to Mars

Posted on 5th Apr 2018, 11:09 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Move a couple boxes to Mars

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 5th Apr 2018, 11:09 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You fill in everyone on what's been going on, and what you've figured out.

You go to check on Tesla one last time, and to tell her goodbye for now. She appears to have laid down and fallen asleep, mostly wrapped up in the blanket. You give a quiet goodbye to Faraday, as well, unsure if she can hear you.

Dr. Finch reconfigures the doors so that you, Michelle, and Caius can enter Bunker B, then the storage unit. You ask Michelle and Caius to grab the metal box, and the exclamation marked box that contains the soul-killing gun. You take them to the Mars base, where you think they'll be safer.

Comments:

Archon 5th Apr 2018, 11:26 PM edit delete reply
Hrmmm.
Not entirely sure what to do with the soul-killing gun at this point.
Given that the odds are in favor of the gun not being needed any time soon, could make a note about getting some chains or somesuch to secure it further.
Would like to disassemble the thing and see how it ticks, but doing so right now is much too risky. Bit of a catch-22 there, need to know more about the gun so its safe to learn the information we need for it to be safe to learn about.
Eh, not like its going anywhere, at least. Can always come back to this if we find a solution elsewhere.
nicolas arboleya 5th Apr 2018, 11:45 PM edit delete reply
im wondering if we made a blood golem large enough to carry the gun, if it could be destroyed instead of a person
Hambone 5th Apr 2018, 11:50 PM edit delete reply
It might need the soul to function as a power source or ammunition for it. I would say "try it and see", but there may be risk involved since we're linked to the golem...
Swagner 6th Apr 2018, 1:04 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
I thought it worked the other way around: it destroys the target's soul, healing the wielder.
Xylas_Incarnum 6th Apr 2018, 2:00 AM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
fairly certain it's a mutual destruction thing.
Twyll 5th Apr 2018, 11:26 PM edit delete reply
We should probably ask Mom's Red to burrow a bit of a storage space in the bunker so we can keep things there, behind a large mouth that can CHOMP anyone who tries to get them without authorization-- or try to dissuade us if we seem to be going for them without good reason.
Hambone 5th Apr 2018, 11:38 PM edit delete reply
That's a really neat idea, I like it.
Blue_Elite 5th Apr 2018, 11:51 PM edit delete reply
Sleepy-times unless anyone can think of any other business to attend to.

Maybe do a little more fixing up for Elizabeth right before bed (we could make it a thing to do each night).
37212513 6th Apr 2018, 12:06 AM edit delete reply
37212513
Yah know what? I think we should arrange to have that gun shipped into the martian mines, to be buried.

Preferably after a decent nights rest.

BFG's cool and all, but the suggested ammo doesn't fit in my happy place.
Memo 6th Apr 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
Memo
Did we ever get around to explore the mine properly?
I can't remember, but we should at some point, if we didn't.
Especially since Z50 could have thought to use it as storage space as well.
fellow 6th Apr 2018, 1:06 AM edit delete reply
fellow
We should really ask our red about the gun. Was red aware of the gun's existence before?

We should also put miss voclain on cleantex so we can see if she has new information on Thayle.