Comic 883 - Open the stained crate

Posted on 3rd Apr 2018, 8:19 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Open the stained crate

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 3rd Apr 2018, 8:19 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You take the future dollar. You shut the money container for now, and re-clasp it.

While Michelle hauls Tesla's canister out of here, you try to open the big, stained crate at the far end. Its stains resemble leaked fluid, which makes you think it's not secure enough.

It takes a little effort, but you manage to pull the end of the crate open--confirming that it wasn't shut very tightly, at least. Inside is... a cube of slime.

Just... standing... slime.

You shake the crate a bit, and it jiggles, slightly slapping the insides of the crate. It explains some of the leakage, at least, though after furiously staring at it, the slime doesn't seem to do anything. It just... sits there, with a consistency somewhere between pudding and jello.

You look back at Elizabeth and Dr. Finch.

Dr. Finch shakes his head. "I have no earthly idea."

Comments:

Fishbulb 3rd Apr 2018, 8:35 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
....Try to take a sample?
rufiangel 3rd Apr 2018, 8:35 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Oh man... could it be? A gelatinous cube? @_@

To test, please don't touch with bare hands. >_>; Maybe drop something like a piece of hair into it and see what happens?
Portal In Time 3rd Apr 2018, 8:36 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Say hello! And feed it the future dollar, see what happens :)

If the rest of you think it's an alright idea, see what happens if we blood it! Then let's head over to the birch-looking crate on top of the "!" crate.
lil Joshu 3rd Apr 2018, 9:21 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Blood the cube! Seconded! (Assuming, of course, that it doesn't ask us not to.)
Twyll 3rd Apr 2018, 8:36 PM edit delete reply
Uuuuum... do we have a stick somewhere we can poke it with? Or maybe we *shouldn't* poke it, maybe we should just leave it alone...

...but I'm sorely tempted to try to stick something expendable inside it and see what happens.
Leafia_Barrett 3rd Apr 2018, 8:36 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
...Huh. Well okay then. I guess take a sample for analysis later? Not with our bare hands, obviously, but still.

I say we open the brown box that's on the gray one next.
Twyll 3rd Apr 2018, 8:41 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, a sample might be a good idea, have Finch stick it under a microscope and that sort of thing. We can also test what blooding a sample of it does.
Madd 3rd Apr 2018, 8:41 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Test if it's a living thing, if it's not take a sample of it, if it is take a sample of it's residue.

Also poke it with a stick.

Also maybe blood it. :V
psychoshen 3rd Apr 2018, 8:49 PM edit delete reply
psychoshen
Use a blood bandage to prod it first, then to get a vial or syringe of it if it doesn't react. (Still use the bandage to get the sample)
Someoneyoudontknow 3rd Apr 2018, 9:02 PM edit delete reply
I vote for blooding the slime, don't judge me.
Madd 3rd Apr 2018, 9:04 PM edit delete reply
Madd
I'm not, but lets find out if it's alive first.
Cruentum 3rd Apr 2018, 9:03 PM edit delete reply
THE BLOOOOD: Blood the cube! Also open the little box on the grey one next.
pkrankow 3rd Apr 2018, 9:13 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Test the cube with organic, metallic, and inorganic items. Since it is green, it may be light sensitive.

I vote not to blood.

I also vote to close the box and put it on a plastic sheet for later. If we can take samples safely then do so.
Macheman7 3rd Apr 2018, 9:34 PM edit delete reply
Macheman7
Seconding everything but blooding; I think we should see how it reacts to the blood, after we've investigated it more closely.
Moopamoop 21st Nov 2018, 7:20 PM edit delete reply
Don't tell me that Dr. Finch doesn't recognize one of the staple D&D monsters. That shit falls on your head in dungeons and eats you. He knows what's up, he's just tired of everyone making fun of him for being a nerd.