Comic 868 - Blood bandages

Posted on 30th Mar 2018, 11:32 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Blood bandages

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th Mar 2018, 11:32 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Michelle and Caius to get ready for a fight. Michelle goes to grab her shotgun, Caius stops to ask,

"Blondie, what tha hell's goin' on in there?"

You... attempt to explain it. Quickly. It's hard to break down exactly what's happening. Dr. Finch gets ready to switch the doors around for everyone.

You pull more bandages out of your first aid kit, blood them, and equip them with scalpels and a blood filled needle. You send them out the Bunker B door, through the hole in the crate, and--


image


you discover that this hand has put on a lot of size in a very short amount of time. Ms. Voclain tries to back up further, but is held by the throat by one of the creature's tendrils--it seems to be trying to choke her. She tries to throw one of the smaller boxes, but... you don't suspect she was especially strong when she had both arms.

You try to stab the large hand creature with a needle--however, it spies the approaching attack... with its newly developed eye. It whips its free tendril out, latching onto the bandage, getting into a tug of war with you that you're quickly losing.

Your other bandages flail with your scalpels, having better luck--at least cutting into the monster. It's mostly surface damage, but it is drawing blood. You think it's gotten too large to grapple with just bandages, at least not with what you have on hand.

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 11:49 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Try to do something to reinforce Voclain's neck so the tendril can't crush her windpipe. Try to slice the tendril holding Voclain with a scalpel, or stab the eye to blind it. Michelle dear, if you would be so kind as to kick the box open and shotgun that bastard into oblivion, that would be lovely.

Try to get in touch with Fuse again - the fact that he's still silent concerns me.
lil Joshu 30th Mar 2018, 11:51 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Seconded.

ALSO, our Red said was freaking out because he was doing that without a red. That implies with a red, we can do that. Let's portal red, and get Ms. V some super-charging.
Wote 30th Mar 2018, 11:58 PM edit delete reply
We may not be in a position to do that right now, Joshu. Thale's pulling some shady shit right now and we may need to take a different tack to match him. But, yeah, we need to stab that eye. If we can't support Ms. Voclain's throat better, we should still be able to keep her brain oxygenated with our Blood. Either way, if Michelle could hurry up and make sure there's not enough arm for Thale to inhabit, that'd be super.
Swagner 31st Mar 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
I'm with joshu, mutating her so that she can fight back properly might be her best chance right now.

And wouldn't it be poetic if the woman Thale made to emulate Jane's mom stretched

long

and

thin

(and violent)?

Considering how much Thale she has in her brain, we might even get some tips from her.
lil Joshu 31st Mar 2018, 1:25 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Makes me wonder how much Thale would freak out if his Martian-copy blood thought it had resurrected Jane's Mom.
Twyll 31st Mar 2018, 12:02 AM edit delete reply
We need to figure out how Thale is doing what he's doing. Can Red like, wrack her brain real hard? Can we sync any of Finch's genius to her to help her figure it out? Does Mom's Red have any idea?

We need to make sure that splattering this thing with a shotgun isn't gonna allow it to make a bunch more copies of it or something. I mean, we might have to do it anyway, but we need to figure out what's going on here.

Edit: Also, we should have Jane chuck globs of red through the door, since she can reach in there and grab red in handful-sized chunks. Just keep throwing red through handful-by-handful and glom red all over it to contain it.
Archon 31st Mar 2018, 12:11 AM edit delete reply
Two can play this game Thale.
Assuming my understanding isn't hideously incorrect, temporarily convincing Jane that Ms. Voclain was an extension rather than an individual would allow us to, say, give Ms. Voclain a blade arm to fight with.

Should give her a fighting chance at least.
psychoshen 31st Mar 2018, 12:15 AM edit delete reply
psychoshen
Along my lines of thinking (not just my thinking, everyone's suggestions so far have been great) we should prioritize.

1. Jane should make a bone collar around Ms. Voclain's trachea, if Thale could crush that, he would have popped off her head already. Keeping her alive should be top of the list
2. That eye needs to go, stab it till it pops and after that you might even have an entry point to really eff up that arm. Shove those scalpels and bandages all up inside there. Reducing Thale's knowledge of the situation can set the group up for more options.
3. The tendrils need to be removed or shortened. Currently that is Thale's *attack method, and it makes it so he doesn't have to move the hand and the arm is probably relying on them for balance. Even blind, they could randomly latch on to things and that would make it hard to get rid of the arm itself.

*corrected from attach
Macheman7 31st Mar 2018, 12:25 AM edit delete reply
Macheman7
Jane, maybe don't stand _that_ close to Lasker? Mkay? Thanks sweetie.
Other than that, seconding psychoshen.
Guost 31st Mar 2018, 12:49 AM edit delete reply
My guess, Thale considers anything under his control to be a part of himself. He's sacrificing someone else to add their mass to the monster arm.