Comic 865 - Prepare stink bombs

Posted on 30th Mar 2018, 7:06 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Prepare stink bombs

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (4 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th Mar 2018, 7:06 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You decide to prepare stink bombs. If the remaining crates in the warehouse are organized by scent, stinking up the place could slow down Thale's progress figuring out what all this stuff is--or at least really, really annoy him.

You ask the others if they know how to put a stink bomb together.

"I do, but," Caius shrugs, "all tha ways I know take a few days."

"Hair," Michelle says. "Hair and matches. Put 'em in a paper ball for the slow burn. I know we got matches--can you... I dunno, make hair in the red, an' portal it out?"

"As juvenile as this may be, it is an excuse to practice," Dr. Finch states. "There are parts of the human anatomy that are quite... well, malodorous, on their own. I'm sure those could be portaled out of the red."

Caius's eyes widen. "We gonna stick a butt in that warehouse?"

"A giant butt," Michelle adds, chuckling.

"What-- no!," responds Dr. Finch. "I was thinking more along the lines of of of gastrointestinal tract. We're not children. ...Though, I suppose that may only smell after bacterial build up and the like... I've never really considered what organs would smell like pre-use."

"Geez," Caius says with a grin, "get on it, ya need to know stuff like that."

"Yeah, I'm sure it comes up all the time," Michelle adds, still fighting back laughter.

The canister and the Bunker B door are loaded up, as are a few other crates. The crewmen are still moving things out when you receive a text from Fuse.



"HES GONA WAKEUP EARLY"

Comments:

Madd 30th Mar 2018, 7:26 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Tell Voclain it would be a good idea to blood herself now.

Ask Fuse where he is.
Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 7:26 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Warn Ms. Voclain and tell her to inject the blood now, the situation has changed and she's out of time. Try not to be too overt about it if possible, but it needs to happen right this second. We may also want to just take what we've got as far as raiding the warehouse, stuff it into the trucks if it's not there already, and scram. We gave her multiple syringes, right? If possible, save one in case one of the guards is queened, but don't hesitate to use all of them if necessary.
LytharWolfe 30th Mar 2018, 7:27 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
WELP. BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD.
Portal In Time 30th Mar 2018, 7:31 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Fuse what're you doing!

Okay BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

BLOOD TIME BLOOD TIME

BUTT TIME BUTT TIME
Akasha 30th Mar 2018, 7:34 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
To quote a cheesy legend from the 80s: "Fuckin' A, Let's get the fuck outta here!" (Alternatively, but on a completely temporally unrelated note: BLOOD UP, BLOOD UP, GO GO GO!)

But on a more serious note I'm nthing all the 'okay yeah do the blood thing now' comments and seconding just telling the trucks to make their escape with what they've managed to take.
Madd 30th Mar 2018, 7:52 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Voclain do the blood thing! :V
BunnyMuffin 30th Mar 2018, 7:42 PM edit delete reply
Blood her and scoot, ASAP
psychoshen 30th Mar 2018, 7:44 PM edit delete reply
See if we can get any more info from Fuse. How does he know? Wake up early meaning now or in an hour?

There's a lot at risk here, I'd prefer to play it safe. Ms. Voclain should act now and the trucks need to close up and get out, unless Fuse can get back to us with more info right away.

I'd also abandon the plan to stink up the place if it's going to take longer than a few minutes.
Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 7:52 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
I'm voting to abandon the bomb plan immediately. Fuse's all-caps warning makes me think we are basically out of time.
undeadDreamer 30th Mar 2018, 7:46 PM edit delete reply
Blood her and get out of there NOW.
Necryel 30th Mar 2018, 7:53 PM edit delete reply
Tell Ms. Voclain to inject herself NOW and to leave on one of the trucks.

Tell MacLand to have his crew take Ms. Voclain and get the hell out of there.


On a side note. Just found this comic this past Sunday and spent all week catching up. This is one of the most unique stories I've seen in a long time. The characters are colorful and full of personality. I personally think Fuse and Caius have some of THE BEST LINES.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 8:32 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
1 why does Fuse know he is gonna wake up early

1a the obvious answer is Fuse is doing the waking, which implies he is being vent hermit somewhere that will cause this.

2 Ms V needs to inject, before Thale wakes up.

3 Ms V needs to be in a truck at this exact moment to inject. Hopefully things don't get freaky.