Comic 863 - Talk to Ms. Voclain

Posted on 30th Mar 2018, 2:44 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Talk to Ms. Voclain

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th Mar 2018, 2:44 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Ms. Voclain that you know why Thale made her... that you know who she is. You know who she's supposed to be.

You're not going to let Thale have her. You're not going to give him the satisfaction. If she wants to die a quick, painless death, you can arrange that... but you still want to save her. You still believe you can save her. You have more power than Thale does, more than he knows about--you have options.

"Even knowing what I am," Ms. Voclain begins, "you would still have me skulking around? I don't know how you can tolerate my existence. I wouldn't be useful. Not to you."

She's heavily synced with Thale--that means she has a not insignificant amount of his knowledge. She might not realize it, but she may have some of Thale's deepest secrets buried in her mind. Saving her, and finding out what she knows, could be a massive blow to Thale's plans.

Her mouth... twitches, like she's trying to smile but can't manage it.

"Very well. I will let you have me, if only to access what information I may have inadvertently absorbed."

You ask her if she knows what else in the warehouse--if any of it could be useful.

"Every step of processing is separate," she says. "The contents of each crate are checked elsewhere in the building, notes are made, and then compared by yet another party off site to old Zone Fifty documents. I do not have direct access to those notes, nor am I sure they're even kept here afterward. This location has automated defenses protecting its information, and I do not have permission to enter those sections. I mostly act as an overseer, and my role does not require me to know what is in the crates."

Comments:

Waddle Dee 30th Mar 2018, 3:17 PM edit delete reply
Does she know which crate is ours? If not, have someone enter our crate, then call out, so she knows which one to ship. If she can speak without fear of being recorded or discovered, we can probably do so too.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 3:19 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
The two items will be fine. Any documents would be handy. We need to leave our own package, arrange a similar drum, and make as much as we can vanish.

During our initial transports she needs to avoid Mom's Red and Babs. After we get a feel for her introduce her to Babs then Mom's Red if things seem good.
Leafia_Barrett 30th Mar 2018, 3:19 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Ask about the transportation process - what determines which boxes are marked for checking and which are marked for shipping? It was marked by that one scent-marker thing, right? Is there anything she can do to have our crate and canister marked for shipping specifically?
Ignore all of this, she's specifically in charge of having boxes marked for one thing or another. Have her make sure the crate and canister are marked for shipping. Ask her if the other workers are queened (hopefully not). Have someone take a syringe to Bunker B, move the bloody bandages back through to there, and take the syringe out to Ms. Voclain; tell her to use it either a) when she's already out the door and leaving or b) if she feels Thale starting to wake up.
Twyll 30th Mar 2018, 3:19 PM edit delete reply
Yay new friend! It is going to be *so* satisfying to help her learn to love herself, because no matter what deep-seated self-loathing Thale has imbued her with, Jane is an endless font of love and hugs and we will cherish the shit out of her just like we do for everyone else.

It's frustrating that she doesn't know what's in the crates, but I guess we'll just randomly grab as much stuff as we can. What does she think about the idea of opening the crates and removing the stuff from them, to delay the discovery of which crates have been compromised?

What about the other employees of the warehouse? Are they Queened, or not? Are they willingly working for Thale, or do they not have any idea what they're doing?
Fishbulb 30th Mar 2018, 3:30 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
If she is coming with us, blood her in the warehouse, either using the bandage or through the hole in the crate containing the door.

Confer with Dr. Finch and Fuse and see if there's some way to quickly create a timed stink bomb that would damage or destroy the scents on the crates.

Then arrange for Ms. Voclain to ship the crate with the Bunker B door and Tesla's tube using Macland's shipping people. If possible have Ms. Voclain travel with the door. Time it so that the stink bomb goes off after she is gone.
lil Joshu 30th Mar 2018, 3:40 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
We've got three shipping companies. Load up all three to brimming, and get the heck out of dodge with her on board the one with the gate, then once out of the warehouse, we step out, open crate, blood her, and bring her on through.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 4:21 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I kinda like this plan.
Istyatur 30th Mar 2018, 4:45 PM edit delete reply
This also could distract Thale from going after the stuff we really want out of his hands... and the other stuff could serve as bait for a trap of our own.
Swagner 30th Mar 2018, 3:43 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
You know, that storage room itself doesn't seem to have a lot of security on the inside. The door in the crate is free-standing, like the one back in the city, right? Here's an idea: storm in, loot the room, retreat (with Ms. Voclain) through the door, and destroy the door with thermite or something so we can't be followed.
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 3:59 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I like the idea but fear it will either not be destroyed, or it will trap us in the PJs bunker or some possibly worse result.

We want that door.
lil Joshu 30th Mar 2018, 4:35 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
I honestly say we blood her, load up trucks with whatever we can (at the very least they'll serve as decoy), take her through the door, take whatever we can through the door, then send the door into the red, then blood portal out.

This gets us the most bang for our buck, and gives us a doorway in and out of the red which opens up all kinds of options (such as forming stuff in the red and not having to worry about manifesting it in the 'normal' method.)
Swagner 30th Mar 2018, 4:59 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
That's a pretty good idea, as long as nesting extradimensional spaces like that doesn't have any unforseen consequences. Maybe make sure the door is off before we drop it into the red.
Blue_Elite 30th Mar 2018, 4:52 PM edit delete reply
You're a clone, not a copy. Just because you resemble someone else doesn't mean you have to be them.
Even if it turns out you're mostly just Patton Thale and a lab-developed secretary, we can and will get you a new lease on life. Just because your not your own person now, doesn't mean you can't become one.
Is that enough positive affirmations? I think that's enough positive affirmations.

If we're going with plan, "Get Ms. Voclain th' heck outta Dodge," I definitely agree to the snatch everything possible and git plan. We can use the nebulousness of the operation to our advantage: they only know that stuff gets marked to be shipped and not to ask questions. That should make it (relatively) easy to get those trucks loaded and then hightail it out of there.
Going with that plan, I think problems would arise breaking the create and using the door (which is an absolute must to secure) to transport stuff/Ms. Voclain out. So I think we should go with the give Ms. Voclain a blood-syringe plan (maybe 2 even). If I might also morbidly suggest: we may want to instruct her to stab herself in the upper-lung(s) in case of an emergency. It'll give our blood the quickest and easiest route to the rest of her body (and hopefully allow us to override Thale's rot) without risk of permanent injury (i.e. the heart).
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 5:08 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Give Ms V a big syringe. If we can administer it into a vein instead of randomly sticking.
Madd 30th Mar 2018, 5:03 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Alright blood her and pack up as much as we can.

Also muck up the place for Thale on the way out.
lil Joshu 30th Mar 2018, 8:02 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
After we get everything out we can, before we get the door out, we bring in Fuse and say, "Hey... your psychic powers? Let loose."
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 5:06 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Where is the snowy door bunker a opens to? I know we took gps there
pkrankow 30th Mar 2018, 5:28 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Rereading stuff
http://bloodismine.thecomicseries.com/comics/537
Interesting concept here.
psychoshen 30th Mar 2018, 5:43 PM edit delete reply
I'm on board for taking everything and bringing Ms. Voclain along. I'd suggest having the items stored someplace besides our base for a while, to make sure it can't be tracked somehow, and give Dr. Finch time to run the usual device checking routine.