Comic 861 - Head back, talk to Red

Posted on 29th Mar 2018, 10:51 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Head back, talk to Red

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 29th Mar 2018, 10:51 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
For now, the three of you head back home.

On the way back to the bunker, you get in touch with your red. You ask about the strange message you heard from Lovers--if Red knows anything about it, or even heard it.

"Oh, I heard it," Red replies. "Only your human brain interpreted it, though. It felt like a garbled mess to me. Whatever this thing is... whatever's trying to get us to go after that book, I don't think it's something we've seen before. That felt... different."

Bad? Uncomfortable?

"Just... different," she says. "A little dissonant. It doesn't seem great at communicating. Though, I guess sending a message both aspects of our mind can understand clearly is a tall order for any being. The fact that it tried, and I got anything out of that besides what you got out of it, means we're at least dealing with something non-human."


You make it back to Bunker A.

"Hey," Michelle says.

"We have stories," says Dr. Finch, smiling lightly.

"Hell yeah we do," adds Caius. "Where's Fuse?"

Michelle shrugs. "I just got in a minute ago... I haven't seen 'em."

Your blood alarm goes off.

You step back out into Ilworth.

Your phone rings. It's Ms. Voclain.

Comments:

LytharWolfe 29th Mar 2018, 11:08 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
Welp, best get to answering the phone, and also making sure Fuse is alright.
Leafia_Barrett 29th Mar 2018, 11:09 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Pick up the phone, and get ready to go to Bunker B. Check on Fuse along the way.
Macheman7 29th Mar 2018, 11:10 PM edit delete reply
Macheman7
Answer it, mentally check in on Fuse.
Madd 29th Mar 2018, 11:17 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Check on Fuse, talk to Ms. Voclain.
Blue_Elite 29th Mar 2018, 11:25 PM edit delete reply
Dang, I was hoping for more prep time. I suppose worse comes to worse we can either pick any relatively safe/inconspicuous location for delivery or do a quick check with Macland (after checking for decency first) and just get an address from him and ship to that (where he can then deliver to some storage or warehouse in his neck of the woods).
We really want to get that delivery stuff taken care of tonight before Thale gets back in the game (and may just happen to decide on the door crate next).

QUICK EDIT: On that note, be sure to perceive through the PJ blood vial to make sure Bunker B isn't currently swarming with Thale minions and dead PJs. It'd be pretty stupid to just blindingly trust Ms. Voclain.
Portal In Time 29th Mar 2018, 11:26 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Speak to Voclain, tell her you know about her.. purpose. And that The Mac is helping you get a secure storage/shipping company to help you out.
Twyll 29th Mar 2018, 11:34 PM edit delete reply
No point in mentioning Macland-- just tell her we can have shipping sorted out.
psychoshen 30th Mar 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
psychoshen
Macland might actually be ok with his name being used, just another twist of that dagger that he's got in Thale.
psychoshen 30th Mar 2018, 12:42 AM edit delete reply
psychoshen
Greet Ms. Voclain gently (since most of her days are suffering) and ask if she's reconsidered fleeing Thale.

If she's still on the fence, remind her that if she still wants Thale to die/pay, she would be more helpful in our group rather than eventually being taken over completely.

Whatever her decision, thank her for her help thus far and let her know we've made arrangements for shipping the one particular crate (with the bunker door) and if she has a manifest of the remaining crates, we'd love to take anything useful. Ask if Thale has any means of tracking down these items if we shed the containers first.

Oh, and check on Fuse of course.