Comic 859 - Head back upstairs

Posted on 29th Mar 2018, 4:59 PM in Shipping Off to Southden
Head back upstairs

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 29th Mar 2018, 4:59 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You hug Caius (gently), and then the three of you head back upstairs.

"That real beer, or just part of tha show?," Caius asks the bartender.

"It is real, sir," the bartender replies.

While Caius gets his drink on, you work on getting Caius's body back in order--returning his knuckle bones to normal, toning down his painkiller effect quite a bit, letting his blood flow regulate itself again, and so on.

It takes slightly longer than you expected, but eventually, Lovers returns... with an armful of manila folders. She passes one to you, to Dr. Finch, and to Caius. In addition, she hands Caius a stack of local currency and a license plate.

Caius smiles. "Ace o' Cups was a front, jus' like this bar."

Lovers smiles faintly in return. "Of course. One skilled at something so illegal wouldn't be loitering on a public corner. He's a bit of a stain, but he does his job. Speaking of which, I don't recommend being arrested with those--they'll hold up to thorough scrutiny, but there are databases and such to compare to."

Inside the folders are documents, vouching for your legal visitation rights in the country. They'll hold up for about a year.

"Keep my secrets safe," Lovers says, "and I'll do the same for yours. I've met a psychic here and there--they're one trick ponies, by and large, and I certainly counted more than one trick in your repertoire. Whatever it is you lot do... well, there's no rule against it in the Deck's arena. Not yet, at any rate, and I for one would love to keep it that way."

She smiles just a little wider. "You all are welcome back any time you'd like to make more money."

Caius hazards a glance at Dr. Finch. "Hey," he says, fighting back a grin. "You plannin' on keepin' that shirt, or...?"

"Oh!," Dr. Finch exclaims, hurriedly giving Caius his shirt back. "In all the excitement, I-- well-- my apologies."

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 29th Mar 2018, 5:40 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
So we never technically cheated. Hooray!

With that done, let's get ready to head home.
EDIT: Erm. We may want to point out to Caius that he is kinda the designated driver, and should probably hold off on drinking until we get home. Unless he wants Jane to drive, which I suppose isn't out of the question.
Fishbulb 29th Mar 2018, 5:41 PM edit delete reply
Fishbulb
Would it be a good idea to see if Lovers knows of any discreet information brokers that might be able to help with various inquiries?
psychoshen 29th Mar 2018, 6:11 PM edit delete reply
psychoshen
I would wager there's someone like that within their organization, with their ability to blackmail the competition so regularly.

The group should find out if there's any factions within the Deck that we should avoid, or if they're one big happy family. Any black sheep to avoid, so to speak.
chaosblitz 29th Mar 2018, 5:42 PM edit delete reply
Ohhhhh, okay I get it now. Guess I was getting suspicious over nothing. (also I still ship Finch and Caius.)
Twyll 29th Mar 2018, 6:10 PM edit delete reply
So, are these gonna be able to get us into a dome? We specifically need to go to a certain library. Can Lovers help us get set up with that, too? We don't know if the library has any collections that you can only see by appointment only.

Also, tell her that we appreciate her discretion and we'll keep our own lips zipped. And follow that up by *thinking,* "Thank you, Ms. Psychic."
PurpleKetchup 29th Mar 2018, 6:25 PM edit delete reply
Mental hug !
Twyll 29th Mar 2018, 6:35 PM edit delete reply
Yes, let's think a hug at her, I like it!
pkrankow 29th Mar 2018, 6:31 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Awesome.

We should ask about getting to various places in the city. we should also ask about where the Book is located without getting too specific.
Blue_Elite 29th Mar 2018, 7:28 PM edit delete reply
Thank the nice lady and then we should make like a tree and get the heck out of here.
We can meet up with Michelle and regale both her and Fuse with the story.

Then we should have a meeting and decide on the warehouse and what to do about Ms. Voclain's offer while we still have time.
My vote would be to try and coordinate something with Jury and/or Grizwald/Lydia. Basically determine a good secret/storage place they have access to and then have them take and hide the door (and hopefully deliver Tesla to us).
Madd 29th Mar 2018, 7:34 PM edit delete reply
Madd
She knew what we did with or eldritch blood god stuff somehow, but it doesn't matter, yet.

We got a way to make money whenever we need it as well now.

Anyways lets head back now, I still want to fix Voclian.
pkrankow 29th Mar 2018, 8:25 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
She knows we did something.

She knows we aided our man.

I think she doesn't know how far that aid went, although she probably has some clue.