Comic 828 - Take Fuse's advice

Posted on 21st Mar 2018, 8:28 PM in No Easy Way Out
Take Fuse's advice

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 21st Mar 2018, 8:28 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You decide to take Fuse's suggestion to heart. You put your flower in his hair for safe keeping.

You start to send a message to Zene, Crease, Mav, and Pierce, to let them know that you found them a way out--however, you discover they've already gone to sleep, and you don't want to disturb them. You decide to tell them tomorrow.

You help Dr. Finch and Caius get back into Bunker A, and then you head to bed.



What will you do the next day?

Comments:

AveryCross 21st Mar 2018, 8:42 PM edit delete reply
today, we should put a flower in the hair of anyone we haven't yet done so
BunnyMuffin 21st Mar 2018, 8:43 PM edit delete reply
Aww Michelle sleeping is so cute~
Congrats Morgenstern for 6 chapters complete! We love you <3
Akasha 21st Mar 2018, 8:45 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
Firstly, and most importantly, breakfast. Then, once everyone's woken up enough, tell Zene, Crease, Mav, and Pierce about the prospective way out, then fill in Michelle about our discoveries regarding Bunker E.
Wote 21st Mar 2018, 8:49 PM edit delete reply
I like this plan. I'd prefer to get everyone's thoughts after a good night's sleep and a review of what we've learned.
Archon 21st Mar 2018, 8:51 PM edit delete reply
Do some meditation, a fair bit of introspection.
If we're going to be flipping between human and blood in the future, having a strong sense of self will be invaluable.
Twyll 21st Mar 2018, 9:58 PM edit delete reply
Excellent advice. We're also going to need mental clarity and focus, and the ability to visualize well.
Leafia_Barrett 21st Mar 2018, 8:57 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
I think, once we've eaten breakfast and had a chance to get our heads on straight, we should grab some raincoats and a motorcycle, and split up. Half of the group takes the motorcycle and goes towards Southden, and the other half explores Ilworth.

EDIT: Going to second the idea of meditation, specifically falling under "getting our heads on straight".

EDIT 2: There are also other things that need to be done before going out to check on the city, so let me organize this list of suggestions better.
-Eat breakfast (seconding pancakes with fruit), check the news, check on the animals
-Update Michelle on what happened in Bunker E
-Ask Michelle to take a look at the ghost gun
-Inform Zene and co. about the new location
-Get in touch with Jury
-Get in touch with Lydia or Grizwald
-Take inventory on what we have and what we need
-Meditate
-Finish fixing up Caius
-Give Fuse's equipment a look - does anything need fixing? Anything we can add to the kit to help?
-Investigate the keypad in Ilworth - does it give access to new bunkers? Does it need reinforcing to prevent hacking?
-Prepare to explore Ilworth and send a party to Southden, decide on who's going where

Things we need:
-Body armor for everybody
-IDs and passports (real or fake), plus anything else needed to pass as legal - we may be wanted criminals at this time, so we should be careful
-New outfits for everybody
-Raincoats
-At least one motorcycle, preferably two, preferably with sidecars as well
-Top-of-the-line equipment for everybody
-Materials for the Proto-Juries to use for maintenance
Crestlinger 21st Mar 2018, 9:29 PM edit delete reply
After breakfast do an inventory check of what we have in terms of equipment, the animals we've blooded, contacts, what we should buy in the near future (like Magneto-equivalent helmets, bulletproof body armor, blood transfusion bags) and a rundown of things to investigated.
Mainly to establish a point zero summary of what we've accomplished, can improve and can explore with (at least at the outset) the least risk of having someone end up dead from it.
Mochi 21st Mar 2018, 10:06 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
we should see if michelle can figure out the ghost gun.
C-type 22nd Mar 2018, 12:10 AM edit delete reply
This one agrees, the Michelle knows much about guns.
Blue_Elite 22nd Mar 2018, 12:22 AM edit delete reply
Breakfast. I'm thinking fruit or waffles/pancakes with fruit. Maybe crepes?
We should have a routine by now of checking the news to see if there are any Thale, "fires," that need putting out that day.

Aside from getting everyone in-group up-to-date, we really should get in contact with Jury. I highly doubt the federal government can do anything to stop Thale but any help to slow down his plans are appreciated (plus having another set of resources, however limited, doesn't hurt).
Also update Lydia/Grizwald if we haven't already (mostly about the whole, "anyone Queen-controlled can spontaneously explode and kill you," deal.)
Portal In Time 22nd Mar 2018, 10:48 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Yeah, we’ve gotta eat better than ice cream and microwaveable ice cream. Let’s treat ourselves to some chopped up watermelon or something a fruit mix, we deserve it. Plus, we’ll probably be able to restock an awful lot once we finally get over to Southden, outside of Thale’s area of influence.
Cuttlefish 22nd Mar 2018, 3:09 PM edit delete reply
When we do contact Jury, we should remember to warn her that not only is large swathes of the population of the city Thale-controlled, each of them is now a dangerous meat-bomb.
pkrankow 22nd Mar 2018, 6:25 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
We need to explore the new city. The apparent derilic conditions might mean good free materials for the PJ's.

We need to investigate the keypad and determine if it is a second access to the same bunkers or access to other bunkers. Get software running on this location too.

Our team needs to appear legal in this location. Ids, passports, real or fake...

Do we move Edison today?

We were given understanding of eliminating foreign materials, controls, and alien blood from others via the Marriage concept. This is a means that can defeat Thale without blooding anybody. Currently how to use this knowledge is missing, we need to have personal ownership of the city somehow.

Meditate with Caius and Finch. Finish healing Caius to 100% or better.
Portal In Time 22nd Mar 2018, 10:45 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Let’s practice the “Pulling” aspect of pulling out of our red. Ever since I found out we could portal our hand and pull out materials, I’ve had the idea of pulling out a long ivory sword. I mean, how cool would that be? Caius would definitely approve, it’s fuckin metal.
pkrankow 22nd Mar 2018, 11:28 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Naw, tha's BONE!

I am sure he would approve all the same.
Twyll 22nd Mar 2018, 11:08 AM edit delete reply
We definitely need to look into the local laws in the Future UK, and also local customs. Are tube cops common, or are Michelle and Caius gonna have to pose as Jane's bodyguards to make an excuse for them being there? What are the laws regarding weapons? Are mutants restricted at all? Do people need to register combat cybernetics? Do we have to convert some currency into future-Pounds?