Comic 827 - Note it for later

Posted on 21st Mar 2018, 5:56 PM in No Easy Way Out
Note it for later

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 21st Mar 2018, 5:56 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
Caius puts an arm around Dr. Finch.

"C'mon," he says. "You're a friggen genius, but ya can't know everything. You're smart enough to find a way around this, even if ya ain't got an answer right now. We'll figure it out."

The two of them start to leave, but Caius stops, just sort of... yelling at the ceiling.

"We're comin' back for you, Faraday! We got Edison, she's nuts but she's safe. Pretty sure we know where Tesla is, too. We ain't done here. We're bad asses, and we don't give up."

Dr. Finch smiles weakly. The two continue to walk toward the entrance.

"She's not able to communicate in earnest, I don't imagine," says Dr. Finch, "only as imprints from within the bunker. That screen in the records room, though... I do wonder if it was built as a sort of communication device, maybe to test what the ghosts could do with it. I seem to recall Edison manipulating the school PA system--we'll need tools, and likely Fuse's expertise if it's anything like a television set... but opening a more direct line of communication with Faraday could be a start."

"An' you said we made it across tha pond, right?," asks Caius. "I know it prob'ly ain't tha answer you're lookin' for, but magic is magic. We might be able to cheat some if we get that goofy book."

You fill in Fuse on what all's going on.

Fuse nods. "If it's not too different from like a TV or a monitor, I might be able to help with the weird screen. Might have to sync to do it, since... y'know. Leg. Faraday might not do it on purpose, but an electric field like that could still do god knows what to my prosthetic. As for the Folkat system... I got nothing. Never had to steal, fix, or sell anything like that. Also..."

Fuse glances at the computer.

"It is hella late. Michelle's already gonna flip out about ghost base and our new meat buddy, you might not wanna stay up all night."

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 21st Mar 2018, 6:19 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
This is valid. We really don't want to start pulling all-nighters unless we have to. Let's come back and rest up.
Tomorrow, I suggest we try seeing if we can use newly-eaten food as material.
Cuttlefish 21st Mar 2018, 6:22 PM edit delete reply
If we haven’t already, we should let Zane and co know that we may have an escape route available for them.
Cuttlefish 21st Mar 2018, 6:24 PM edit delete reply
How much pull does Mac and Sharai have in different countries. It might not be impossible for them to organise a ride/gear for Zene’s family.
pkrankow 21st Mar 2018, 6:43 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
We will need passports and IDs for other countries.

While some id info and paperwork might be the same, we need to be able to interact in a legal manner. False ids are not out of the question, but might not be necessary...or might be paramount.
Cuttlefish 21st Mar 2018, 6:44 PM edit delete reply
Good point!
Madd 21st Mar 2018, 6:29 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Go the fuck to sleep everyone. We got fun shit and a way out for our friends.
Wote 21st Mar 2018, 6:33 PM edit delete reply
Let's get some well-deserved rest. I'm sure it'll be easier to figure out how to spread ourselves out tomorrow when everyone's recovered.

... Also, if we decide to tell Michelle about our new trick, we should wait until after breakfast has had a chance to settle.
undeadDreamer 21st Mar 2018, 6:35 PM edit delete reply
nap time
pkrankow 21st Mar 2018, 6:36 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Call it a night for now.
To do
Motor bikes that can operate off grid, 2 minimum.
Backup plan bicycles. Pedal power!

Consider moving Edison to bunker E.
Archon 21st Mar 2018, 7:49 PM edit delete reply
Should get a bit of meditation practice in before you sleep.
Get a better sense of self for later.
Mochi 21st Mar 2018, 8:13 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
go let them back in, do a quick mental check on those in mars base, then head to bed. maybe michelle can figure out the ghost gun in the morning.
Guest 21st Mar 2018, 9:15 PM edit delete reply
Hehe people wanted a new cannon for Michelle. how about a blood/ghost-powered Sentient one that Really doesn't like Thale?

EFT 9000: one ghost-holding canister with a blood portal on the inside back end able to portal in the three sisters' latent energy (mostly Faraday's excess) from an 'improved' folkat system with a focusing lens and cap on the front that the trigger releases.

From 9 or 9000 kilometers away anyone hit by this is straight up effed.