Comic 811 - Make a flesh golem

Posted on 19th Mar 2018, 12:36 AM in No Easy Way Out
Make a flesh golem

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 19th Mar 2018, 12:36 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
This entire affair has made you realize something.

Pulling material out of the red, trying to control what comes out and how much as you manifest it is difficult. The faucet does not always shut off immediately, so to speak.

However

you can portal parts of your body into the red.

...Including your hand.

With one hand grasping your eye, you portal the other hand into the red. ...And discover it is, in fact, horrifying to watch. With your hand in the red, you start to form things in the red, forming and shifting and manipulating skin and meat and bone until you're satisfied. You grab it, and then you un-red your hand.

Un-redding your hand and the object is slightly grosser than redding your hand in the first place was. The portal is still formed from inside you, so your meatcrafted item... sort of... forces its way out of your wrist hole, around the same time your hand does. You're not sure you want to try it with anything much bigger; it looked like you almost, accidentally, portaled the thing into yourself. You're also glad you made it fairly flexible, as it has to basically squeeze its way out.

You have acquired a pre-blooded flesh golem.

You plug your functioning eyeball into it, and give it some bandages for good measure.

"I..." Dr. Finch stops. "I didn't honestly think today would get any stranger."

"Why would you ever think that?," Fuse asks.

Caius stares for a moment, finally speaking up. "I just want ya to know... that might be tha coolest thing I've ever seen."

Fuse finishes making a key card for Bunker E.

Since your golem isn't quite sturdy enough to push open doors, Caius walks it out. He double checks to make sure no one's around the bunker entrance--because no one needs to see this--and then swipes the Bunker E keycard.

While he's helping your golem walk into the new bunker, a thought occurs to you--this should hurt. Like, a lot.

A lot of this probably should have.


...You don't remember if you painkillered yourself for implanting your bioprinted eye in the first place.

You

you've been numb for a while.

You're not sure how long.

You start un-numbing parts of yourself, at least the bits not directly attached to your head.

Your automaton is now in Bunker E.

You walk it down the short hallway to read the sign on the door.


"PLEASE
NO ELECTRONICS
BEYOND THIS POINT"


On the one hand, you are incredibly prepared to not use electronics. On the other hand, you are not very prepared to open this door.

Comments:

Archon 19th Mar 2018, 1:04 AM edit delete reply
Oof.
Really need a better method of creation if we wish to make more homunculus like this little... Thing.

Anyways, have the little homunculus poke around a bit.
If it finds nothing, we can always go in ourselves.
Or go get the tools for some less gruesome blood alchemy.
PurpleKetchup 19th Mar 2018, 1:12 AM edit delete reply
Great, here comes the superconducting magnet experiment zone.
Maybe where they kept Edison back then ? Stealthy investigation must intensify.
undeadDreamer 19th Mar 2018, 1:16 AM edit delete reply
Does our golem have enough flesh to make hands? Can we pull out more little bits of flesh and attach them to it to give it more mass?
Memo 19th Mar 2018, 1:23 AM edit delete reply
Memo
If there is more to explore before opening the door, I suggest doing that first.
Also, undeadDreamer raises an interesting question, can we pull red out of the golem? Since it should be a part of us, we should be able to give it more mass, like we did with the eye.
Macheman7 19th Mar 2018, 1:37 AM edit delete reply
Macheman7
On a side note, while we're vaguely on the subject of controlling what's ours, let's see if we can work Fuse's robo-leg a little. Just curious.

Also, maybe get another eye for yourself. Make it via the Red while you're at it.
Baron11704 19th Mar 2018, 1:45 AM edit delete reply
I think our current eye socket is blocked by a portal to the red from which we are receiving the signals of what eye bot sees
Nayru9572 19th Mar 2018, 2:13 AM edit delete reply
Let's... Avoid doing that again. The fact that Jane was numb without realizing it worries me.
Blue_Elite 19th Mar 2018, 3:02 AM edit delete reply
If it'll just take a lot of time and effort, just have the golem force the door open. If that won't work, we can go in to open the door and just follow the golem as it goes along and determines areas to be safe.

Also I'd like to name this golem Floughnut.

EDIT: Completely unrelated - Let's put a blood alarm on the warehouse bot so we know whenever we hear someone come into there. A) We'll want to know ASAP if they take the Bunker B door box and B) move the bot as necessary to keep it hidden as they take and move boxes.
Wote 19th Mar 2018, 7:17 AM edit delete reply
It looks like the door just has a regular handle. We can probably just use the bandages we wrapped around the golem to open it. ... Unless it's locked, but, that's a different problem.
Twyll 19th Mar 2018, 7:59 AM edit delete reply
Now that it's done squeezing through the red-hole, we can convert some of its flesh into bone, to make it more rugged and hopefully able to move things. Give it a little exoskeleton or something.
pkrankow 19th Mar 2018, 9:47 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Are there any other doors on this hallway? Any other rooms?

We should have put an ear on it too. Can we percieve vibrations or sound or temperature?

Investigate some more for signs of activity, automations or life, or even security cameras and such.
Blue_Elite 19th Mar 2018, 12:14 PM edit delete reply
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but based on MM's style what you see is what you get unless it says in the text there is more to explore. So all there is to this hall is the door we came from and the door before us.
skybirds15 19th Mar 2018, 10:22 AM edit delete reply
Well... I mean the obvious solution is to just shove our arm into the red and out of the golem/bandages and just pull the handle with that.

Doors, the adventurer's worst enemy!
Leafia_Barrett 19th Mar 2018, 11:28 AM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Take a moment to reflect on how utterly, unabashedly bizarre this entire sequence of events has been so far, then look around for any other paths to take or objects of interest. If nothing comes up, attempt to open the door. If the golem doesn't have enough strength/mass to open the door, it may be time to experiment with the Red some more - try portaling your hand through the golem to push the door open that way.