Comic 794 - Find a blunt object

Posted on 10th Mar 2018, 3:28 PM in No Easy Way Out
Find a blunt object

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 4.5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 10th Mar 2018, 3:28 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You command your previous form to grab one of the boxes, and hurl it at the Many. You discover, after a brief attempt, that she barely has the strength to lift one of the nearby crates--nevermind the strength to throw it with any appreciable force. The lid looks rather loose; you make her check inside it. Contained within the crate are various occult implements--candles, robes, and knives, for instance.

You believe Fuse could scramble the radio signals in the area, making a sort of blockade field that could disrupt Carpenter's communications with the Many and the robot; however, doing so would take a separate device, one that needs to be placed in the area. You could probably throw one together on the way to the church, using spare electronics around the bunker... but by the time you get there, it might be too late.

Wait. You? No. Fuse. Fuse could. You're not Fuse, you just have access to his brain.

Michelle carries the two cultists and Mav away from the church. Carpenter doesn't give chase. She gets about two blocks away before she makes it out of the Many's range...

and into Thale's. The uninjured cultist draws a knife from his robe, shoving it into Michelle's back.

Comments:

Mochi 10th Mar 2018, 3:52 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
drop the cultists, grab mav. keep going. jane needs to get out and go meet michelle. she won't last long on the streets alone down here. this close to the church, thale probably has enough people that it would be almost trivial to overwhelm her. we need to go and get her. now.

edit: pop a few in the many as we retreat. i'm assuming jane still has the gun she grabbed when we thought the cultists were going to summon her.
Blue_Elite 10th Mar 2018, 4:04 PM edit delete reply
Michelle needs to blood the other two cultists if she still has syringes/blood darts left.

Jane needs to get out of there. If she's not going to try setting The Many on fire (throwing some lit candles could do the trick) she needs to meet with Michelle while there's still enough left of Michelle to meet.
Also need to treat the bullet wound on the one cultist and the bullet + knife wound combo Michelle is now rocking.
Quick EDIT: Also if Michelle is out of range of The Many, we can relinquish control of her if we haven't done so already. She'll also need a pain killer.
Twyll 10th Mar 2018, 5:13 PM edit delete reply
Bullets are probably better than fire here, since we don't really have any kind of accelerant and given how many skulls the Many has, handgun bullets at close rang might actually do a *lot* of damage (because of their tendency to ricochet off of bones, bouncing around inside fleshy bits).
pkrankow 10th Mar 2018, 4:08 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Well, crap. It seems like we need The Many. The Many is not our enemy, although they are not an ally currently.

Where is the truck? Consider blooding The Many. The current real enemy is Carpenter's machine, although Thale isn't any better, just at a 2 block radius.
Twyll 10th Mar 2018, 5:18 PM edit delete reply
The Many is *definitely* still an enemy, just an occasionally manipulable one. Remember, it tried to keep the cultists inside the church with the giant minigun-wielding robot, *while said robot was shooting at us.*

Given how many minds it has, blooding it might go rather badly. I'm tempted to just shoot it instead. Obviously it's siding with Carpenter, who at this point may well be even *more* our enemy than Thale is.
Blue_Elite 10th Mar 2018, 7:52 PM edit delete reply
Pretty much the whole Carpenter thing is a big clue that ANY alliance with The Many would be completely one-sided and only last as long as The Many would not be able to get the upper hand. Even if we could exploit that, if Carpenter gets his twisted hands on The Many, we can bet we'll have to end up killing The Many anyway and that it'll be much, much harder after Carpenter's upgrades.
Twyll 10th Mar 2018, 5:16 PM edit delete reply
Now that she doesn't have a minigun pointed at her, can Michelle manage to blood the cultists? We can stop piloting her manually, at least, which is good.

If she has to drop Mav for a moment to do it, but it's likely enough that she'll succeed, I say we can drop Mav now. Heck, Mav might even be able to help, now. Can she take the Aid Another action to give Michelle Advantage on her attack rolls? :P

Remember, we're the small brunette one in the room with the Many, except for when we temporarily aren't. Keep remembering that.
Madd 10th Mar 2018, 6:16 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Shoot the many on the way out and go pick up Michelle and the others, don't forget those outside the church. If we can take the unbounded cultists with us then do so and blood them when we can.
Leafia_Barrett 10th Mar 2018, 6:22 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Painkiller Michelle and slow the bleeding down.

Michelle is free, we don't need to control her any further - tell her to blood the cultists. Just... drop them all on the ground, pull out the tranq gun, and start sticking them. Double tap them if needed. After that, Michelle and company need to hide.

Meanwhile, we need to puppet Jane's body back to the truck and go pick up Michelle and the cultists.

May also be wise to ping Dr. Finch and tell him to be ready to treat Michelle's injuries.
Wote 10th Mar 2018, 7:26 PM edit delete reply
If we can do anything for the actual injury, that'll help, too.
Memo 10th Mar 2018, 6:51 PM edit delete reply
Memo
Yes, time to get out.
Drop and blood mav and the cultists.
Get Jane out.
Meet up and get away.
Leave the many for another day.
If it's using radio, we should be able to track it down later.
Swagner 10th Mar 2018, 7:00 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Needle up the cultists, and give Michelle some painkillers. Since Carpenter isn't chasing that we can see, he's probably coming back after Jane, so she needs to escape before he gets back.
Leafia_Barrett 10th Mar 2018, 7:33 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Oh, um. I guess on the off chance the opportunity presents itself in all of this mess once we're able to start actually leaving, maybe Michelle can take a few potshots at the Many if it's visible. Take out a couple of those hundred brains stuffed into its... whatever body part, I don't even know. Are those heads?