Comic 791 - Blood the cultists first

Posted on 9th Mar 2018, 2:39 PM in No Easy Way Out
Blood the cultists first

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 9th Mar 2018, 2:39 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You call the cultist back. You tell him to file everyone out the front door, and that you'll be there shortly to try and blood them all at the edge of the Many's range.

The three cultists that were downstairs, Mav, and the man in the suit start making their way up the ladder. You also tell your cat to get out of the area entirely, and you start filing Willard toward the door.

Two cultists had gone to secure the loading dock; in addition, there was one more cultist running around upstairs, possibly in the same area. The door at the back of the sanctuary slams shut, with only one cultist emerging.

"The uhhh the loading dock is no longer secure," he says in a panic. "S-something's, something's here, it's big and the Mmmmaaany..."

He stops, wincing, fingertips digging at the door as he leans on it.

After a second of struggling, he musters up enough energy to just shout. "Go! Get out!," the lone cultist yells, pinning his back against the door.

From Willard, you can hear the music playing beyond the door... and something else. A sizzling noise, and the strong odor of burning wood. Whatever it is, it's beginning to burn through the wall.

The three other cultists, Mav, and the man in the suit begin to panic themselves, but start to file toward the front door as instructed... or at least, they try. They visibly struggle, seeming lost or confused for fleeting moments, or suddenly stopping before starting to walk again.

You experienced this before, and you recognize it happening to them. The voices commanding someone to kill themselves, or others, or to stop, or to turn around, or--

The Many is trying to keep them from leaving, but can't settle on its own set of instructions, not yet. It'll narrow down what it wants eventually. You get within a couple of blocks of the church; you're not sure exactly what the Many's range is--Red carried you at least four or five blocks away last time. You don't feel the Many yourself yet, at least.

Everyone makes it to the lobby, just short of the front door, before they start to slow down and struggle more definitively. Willard hears gunshots as they echo from the sanctuary--very rapid gunshots.

Comments:

Twyll 9th Mar 2018, 3:26 PM edit delete reply
Thank you for your sacrifice, noble vore-church cultist :,C

Right, let's get there as quickly as possible. If we can have Willard like... squeak encouragingly, maybe? Trying to yell at the cultists to move faster might just add to the cacophony in their heads, but maybe squeaking will cut through, since the Many uses words, not animal sounds. So like, having Willard walk a few steps in front and squeak like some sort of beacon, maybe that will help.
Blue_Elite 9th Mar 2018, 3:38 PM edit delete reply
Deploy Michelle ASAP. If we can still communicate to them, try to instruct them to just move forward without thinking about it: the more they think about it the more The Many's words will influence them. Try to have them just focus on "moving forward," and nothing else.

EDIT: Check on Red and make sure she's good in case The Many are able to influence us through Michelle. Also apologize in advance for getting her involved again so soon after that terrible Willard-saving incident.
Leafia_Barrett 9th Mar 2018, 3:56 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
We need to keep them moving forward - tell them to just rush forward without thinking, like Blue_Elite was suggesting. Have Michelle get out and blood them at the first possible moment, we need to get these guys and fucking get out.
Waddle Dee 9th Mar 2018, 4:05 PM edit delete reply
It's imperative that we ourselves stay out of the Many's range. Should we fall under their influence, we're done for. Tuck and roll out of the car while Michelle drives in, armed with our level supply (maybe we can throw it at whatever's burning the church, for some impromptu chemical warfare) and at least enough syringes to blood the cult, plus a few extra. If we still have our gun, we should pass that to Michelle too (assuming she lacks one.) So long as she knows to blood the cult, she can probably get them out herself while we can focus all of our mental capacity on overriding the Many's command.

Oh, and see if she can grab Willard too, so we don't have to waste energy by manually controlling him.
Memo 9th Mar 2018, 5:00 PM edit delete reply
Memo
We should definitely not arm Michelle with a deadly weapon. But let's get her in there with the dart gun.
Don't know if we can really use the level, since that is usually smoked.
Madd 9th Mar 2018, 6:31 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Get them out and in range of some dart guns so we can blood them, then tie a bunch of level together ignite, the normal way since we left Fuse at home, and throw it in there.