Comic 777 - Listen in on the argument

Posted on 4th Mar 2018, 8:40 PM in No Easy Way Out
Listen in on the argument

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 4th Mar 2018, 8:40 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You have Willard sneak closer to the door on the right. The door appears to swing inward when opened, and would open toward the hallway.

"What they're doing down there is heresy!," declares one male voice on the other side of the door. "It's an affront to Enyo!"

"Enyo has used us," replies an older male voice. "We were getting no closer to our goal. The Many has confirmed our suspicions--what Prophet called the devil may just be another aspect of the First Womb. With the Many in the building, we are free of Enyo's commands--this may be the only chance we get to summon that other aspect."

"That other aspect is what killed Prophet in the first place!," shouts the younger voice. "Even if Enyo is using us, we know she's not dangerous! We don't know enough about this... this other one, except what Prophet told us."

"She showed him mercy, once," the older voice says. "He pushed his luck. It was his zealous pursuit of Enyo's favor that was his downfall. Enyo does not have our best interests at heart--we must reach out, and take our destiny with our own two hands. It's now or never."

The voice from behind the far left door becomes louder. "ANYBODY? I JUST NEED SOME DIRECTIONS, IS ALL."

The arguing stops. After a moment, you hear one of the once arguing voices ask, "Did you hear that?" "We should... probably check."

Comments:

RemnantSoul 4th Mar 2018, 9:00 PM edit delete reply
Seeing as how Willard’s safety is of the utmost priority; I say we hide out of site, preferably where we can still hear their conversation.
undeadDreamer 4th Mar 2018, 9:05 PM edit delete reply
Stay hidden but try to get a good look at the person who said Enyo used them.
rufiangel 4th Mar 2018, 9:09 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Back into the bathroom, listen through the wedged open crack and be ready to dart away at a moment's notice perhaps? >_<; Golly.

First womb. Sounds. BAD.
Leafia_Barrett 4th Mar 2018, 9:11 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
I question the use of the title, but it's pretty clear they're referring to us, and not in an entirely negative manner. I suspect the First Womb is either Jane's mom's Red, or in a broader sense the source of the Red to begin with.
Blue_Elite 4th Mar 2018, 10:43 PM edit delete reply
This is... enlightening. We may want to consider blooding (some of) these guys instead of just shooting. It's a shame we don't have infinite blood to give blooding everyone a shot (pun intended).

If we can get close to the church without being mindraped, we may want to pull a Caius-maneuver (as I'm calling it) and draw one of them outside to blood and integrate. Problem is we don't have a way of telling who'd be legitimately on our side and who'd just be playing dumb long enough to doublecross us (also the aforementioned mindrape range question).

Regardless, this certainly opens up more options than before.
EDIT: Talking, actually, might be a legitimate option. We still wouldn't want to do something stupid like just waltz in there completely unprotected; but it's still an option.
Leafia_Barrett 4th Mar 2018, 9:09 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Oh. Well well well, this is interesting.
Since the door's still open, hide in the doorway to try and get a glimpse of whoever comes out. Be ready to bolt back into the bathroom pipe at half a moment's notice, though.
Portal In Time 4th Mar 2018, 10:08 PM edit delete reply
Seconded.
pkrankow 4th Mar 2018, 9:10 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
White rat on red and brown stands out pretty well. We don't want to die a stupid death here, so hiding would be a good idea.
AveryCross 4th Mar 2018, 9:21 PM edit delete reply
hide in the bathroom and listen/watch through the crack best we can