Comic 733 - Wait for the blade man

Posted on 11th Jan 2018, 9:26 PM in No Easy Way Out
Wait for the blade man

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (4 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 11th Jan 2018, 9:26 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You decide not to have your raven follow the blade man into the maintenance tunnels. You draw it back and begin to circle it, looking for a more open path to your tier so it can keep an eye out for you.

You bring your other raven away from the thing in the trailer, but you keep the raven nearby. If the truck goes anywhere--and it looks like it might be, soon--you'll be able to follow it.

You ask Caius and Dr. Finch if they could look into the sewer and maintenance system around Everautumn Park, so you could possibly anticipate where you'll be attacked from.

"I, uh, ain't as good at tha computer stuff as Fuse is," Caius says.

"We'll give it an attempt," Dr. Finch states.

After that, it's just... waiting.

You tell Fuse what you saw--or what you saw part of--in the truck trailer.

"So, Carpenter stuff... right?"

You're not sure it is, at this point. You've seen monsters with durable bone weapons before, back at the hospital--the first time, when all of the monsters were being pumped out by the bio printer. The second time you and Michelle went there, though, Carpenter's monster had metal blades, and guns built in, and communications systems and... machinery. If Carpenter was going to send a killer after you and he wasn't absolutely forced to improvise, why bone blades? Why doesn't it have rockets, or a sniper rifle, or a cloaking device or... or or or anything.

"Whoa," Fuse says, chuckling. "Slow down there, Dr. Blondie. If it's not Carpenter's handiwork, whose is it?"

You're not sure. There's not much left, but most of the mutants you've been facing have been affiliated with the church, and Prophet... and you don't really know what the church has been up to behind the scenes. With you going after Zene and Crease, you may have shaken up that particular hornet's nest. Blade man may have been hand picked by the cult for whatever his mutant power is.

"It's definitely not the bone swords," Fuse says. "I put up with a lot, but perfectly edged bone swords as a mutation is where I gotta draw the line. That dude's hiding something else... and if Carpenter didn't give him the swords, I'd hate to find out how he did get them."

Your raven arrives at the park. You use it to keep a look out from a greater distance, while keeping tabs on the truck, and keeping Michelle informed of the situation.

Eventually, your raven sees something.

A manhole cover lifts near the edge of the park. The man with swords for hands crawls out. He begins walking into the park... at an even pace, but still slowly. He's not in any hurry. He's a solid distance away yet, but it won't be long before you can see him with your own eyes. You warn Fuse and Michelle.

"He's just... strolling in like he owns the place?," Fuse asks, drawing his pistol. You draw yours, as well, and you ready a needle with your blood. "I don't like it," Fuse says. "This asshole knows something we don't."

Comments:

rufiangel 11th Jan 2018, 9:50 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I am starting to suspect this guy *wants* to be blooded. I don't want to blood him if possible. This whole thing just smells like a weeeeird trap. I'd rather we try to snipe him from a distance, or set him on fire, than get into close quarters melee. There's no way he wouldn't know about Jane's blooding abilities if he's affiliated with the cult.

Also, looks like he's headed for Jane/Fuse, and not the peeps in the van, and since this is Fuse's first contact with him, it probably means whatever the tracker is, it's... on Jane? 'Cause well, crap.

Does Blade Man want to talk, I wonder, or just go straight for the stabbity-stab?
Wote 11th Jan 2018, 10:03 PM edit delete reply
I agree. He either wants to be blooded or he wants to create a scene when we're forced to defend ourselves. The real problem is that we don't know if *he* is the tracker or if he's just *using* the tracker, which means we may not be able to breathe safely even if we off him here.
Wote 11th Jan 2018, 10:06 PM edit delete reply
Still, I think we should try and talk to him before going straight to shooting/igniting his ass. Only blood him if nothing else seems to work—I have confidence our blood's stronger than whatever plan he might represent and at least blooding him would let us force him to tell us what the deal is.
LytharWolfe 11th Jan 2018, 9:50 PM edit delete reply
LytharWolfe
I don't like this at all.
rufiangel 11th Jan 2018, 9:51 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Also, Dr. Finch bleeding in there, Dr. Blondie. Ho boy. XD;;

I agree though, it may not necessarily be Carpenter... just someone with a looot of resources and bad, bad ideas. Man, the whole world is out to get us.
Madd 11th Jan 2018, 9:53 PM edit delete reply
Madd
Shoot him multiple times before he gets close, I don't know what else we can do, maybe set hime on fire if he gets too close.

I don't think we should blood him.
Frission 11th Jan 2018, 9:57 PM edit delete reply
Frission
Maybe he's not really a bad guy? ....Yeah that sounded dumb as soon as I typed it. But I always hold out hope! <3