Comic 705 - Sever the tendril

Posted on 20th Dec 2017, 8:35 PM in Ghosts
Sever the tendril

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 20th Dec 2017, 8:35 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
With one tendril stabilized--because the end of it is embedded in Michelle's arm--Fuse is given an immobile target. He lights the middle of the tentacle on fire. Michelle begins to focus her gunfire on the burning tendril, severing it in two blasts.

Michelle and Fuse back up. The monster whips one of its remaining tendrils back, preparing to propel it forward like the first one--

Fuse lights up the hand sanitizer, which is mounted to the wall near the creature. The liquid practically explodes, scorching the wall--but the majority of it expels forward, coating the monster, and setting it completely ablaze. While Michelle digs the severed needle out of her arm, Fuse concentrates on trying to keep the fire contained--not something he's sure he can do, but he attempts it nonetheless.

Eventually, the monster stops moving.

Fuse kills the fire off, and collapses into one of the nearby chairs.

"You alright? Heart ain't blowin' up, is it?," Michelle asks.

"No," Fuse says. "Light headed."

Michelle nods, gripping at her arm. The two of them are quiet for a moment, Michelle catching her breath, Fuse getting his wits back about him.

Michelle finally breaks the silence. "Y'know that hole we put the fake signal in? Like, that big oool' hole that runs through the city? When we get Carpenter... I wanna dump in that. Just... hold his fat ass over the edge, give a speech or somethin', and drop him into the god damn abyss."

Fuse smiles dryly. "Really? I was thinking like... roasting him over a spit. You know, shove an apple in his mouth like one of those old cartoons."

Michelle smiles wearily back. "Caius could prob'ly think of somethin' messed up to do to him. He used to work for Mac and Shirai..."

Fuse shakes his head. "Caius doesn't have the patience for it. He'll probably just... beat him into a concussion. Or choke him to death. Carpenter's stupid cyborg head would suck to punch."

"Naaah, that won't stop him," Michelle says. "Caius'll be like... fuck it, and just keep punchin' the metal. Finch and Blondie'll have to tape his knuckles up after."

There's another lull in the conversation, the smiles fading, before Michelle adds (somewhat solemnly):

"I think Finch might hate Carpenter more than we do, somehow."

"Yeah," Fuse replies. "I kinda... kinda picked that up. I think it'll be a mercy if anyone but Dr. Finch gets to him first."

Fuse slowly pulls himself out of his seat, wobbles a bit, but finds his footing.

Comments:

Mochi 20th Dec 2017, 9:00 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
make sure Goopy is dead and there's nothing else in the printer room. dismantle the biopaste, carefully, then go find the nurses. michelle's probably going to need stiches, or in the very least a good bandage and some antiseptic.
rufiangel 20th Dec 2017, 9:05 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Oh yeah, we have nurses to do first aid XD I forgot lol
rufiangel 20th Dec 2017, 9:05 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Michelle, Fuse, you two did GOOD. Well done, both of ya. ;v;* (So pleased he set that hand sanitiser on fire after all, though sorry about the property damage XD;;;)

Uhm, quickly first-aid each other - check that the needle didn't do anything more nasty than a cut on Michelle - and then I guess cautiously approach the bio printer room, check to see there's nothing else in there? Stand on guard and be careful, because who knows, right?
Allwarden47 20th Dec 2017, 9:18 PM edit delete reply
You know, we’re getting pretty good at this whole “killing abominations of flesh” thing. It only took two people and nominal effort at best
Madd 20th Dec 2017, 9:28 PM edit delete reply
Madd
So, yeah. Check for more hostiles, ship out biopaste, get first aid, and head back to keeping guard of Caius's transplant. Fuse should rest while keeping watch on the cameras.
lil Joshu 20th Dec 2017, 10:06 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Shut down the bioprinter now, por favor.
Baeronius 20th Dec 2017, 10:26 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Peek in the doorway at it first you mean. Dunno what else is in the room already.
Blue_Fox 20th Dec 2017, 10:57 PM edit delete reply
Ok. Time to thoroughly clean the current wounds that Michelle has because we have no idea what the crap was in/on those needle-stingers if anything at all but yeah tend to wounds.
Blue_Fox 20th Dec 2017, 10:57 PM edit delete reply
Ok. Time to thoroughly clean the current wounds that Michelle has because we have no idea what the crap was in/on those needle-stingers if anything at all but yeah tend to wounds.