Comic 679 - Get out of there

Posted on 13th Dec 2017, 4:34 PM in Ghosts
Get out of there

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 13th Dec 2017, 4:34 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You update Michelle and Fuse. Michelle takes a deep breath... and nods.

"Alright," she says, "we need to get outta here."

"You arrestin' me?," the man in the gas mask asks.

"Officially? No," Michelle replies. "But it's about to get real bad in here. Trust me, you don't wanna be around for this."

Michelle starts to lead the masked man out, but Fuse hangs back, staring at the lab.

"I could burn this whole thing down right now," Fuse says. "Like... that's why we're here, right? To shut this all down?"

"You on level?," Michelle asks.

Fuse hesitates... but finally shakes his head. "No. Not right now."

"Then don't risk burnin' that suit up," Michelle says. "We'll come back for it. For now, we just need to--"

"I'm startin' to think you guys ain't really cops," the man in the mask interrupts.

"Do me a favor," Michelle says, jamming the gun into his back. "Say Patton Thale for me."

"You want me to s... why? This some kinda game? Look, I don't know what you guys are playin' at, but if I'm not under arrest then I--"


There's a low rumbling, like an engine, that seems to grow louder from beyond the bay door... as though a vehicle is approaching.

Michelle and Fuse both stop, their attention briefly turning toward the noise. In that brief moment of distraction, the man in the gas mask bails, twisting around and darting up the stairs. Michelle aims her gun at his back as he flees, but doesn't take the shot.

"Dammit!"

"Forget him," Fuse says. "We need to go now."

Fuse grabs some random items from the lab before he and Michelle start rushing upstairs.

Comments:

Bluhx2 (too lazy t log on 13th Dec 2017, 5:07 PM edit delete reply
Welp.
lil Joshu 13th Dec 2017, 5:25 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
So he has been on Queen. Blood 'em if you can throw a syringe and guide it without wasting time, otherwise give Fuse a level effect and start the burn.
Swagner 13th Dec 2017, 6:31 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Dang. We may need to introduce a "blood first, ask questions later" policy when in confirmed hostile territory.
DrBilly 13th Dec 2017, 6:42 PM edit delete reply
Michelle telling people to say Patton Thale is good thinking. I like that.
Auron 13th Dec 2017, 7:01 PM edit delete reply
What about Jane level?
Crestlinger 13th Dec 2017, 7:08 PM edit delete reply
Loot that one shroom, level Fuse, burn the plants up, cyber guy will be fine his brain's in a jar and the rest of him is used to exposure to things by now, plus he can just go back inside.
If approaching vehicle is friendly good. If not have them run out panicked 'OMG there's been a leak! Some nutjob thief came in and tipped over the acid!' then knock them out.
rufiangel 13th Dec 2017, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Are Jane and Caius outside close enough to grab the fleeing gasmask guy?
Lythar 13th Dec 2017, 8:16 PM edit delete reply
WHAT DID I SAY. ALWAYS ASSUME THEY ARE BLOODED. ALWAYS. I TOLD YOU.