Comic 598 - Call in Michelle and Caius

Posted on 18th Nov 2017, 3:48 PM in Ghosts
Call in Michelle and Caius

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 18th Nov 2017, 3:48 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You let Caius and Michelle know what's going on, and you start to get your plan together. You'll need at least one of them to help you with the canister. Michelle--who is still patrolling the grounds outside--is closer to the back door, so she heads that way. Caius rushes in through the front.

Fuse exhales hard, and speaks quietly. "Water messed with her, right? Give me a minute."

He starts to kill the flames around the cafeteria door, at least enough to pass through there. He makes a run for the cafeteria, specifically the sink in the back room--it seems like he's planning to flood the floor.

The double doors in the main hall slam shut as Caius approaches them. "F'real?" He starts to kick at the door, every blow testing the hinges. He's trapped on the other side of the door for now, but it won't take him long to break through and reach you.

When you check on Michelle, she's having similar trouble--Edison seems to be pinning the doors shut, but Michelle is strong enough to break them down. It won't take long.

You ready your extra tin foil hats to pass out to the others.



You wonder where Edison is.

Comments:

TheFaceless96 18th Nov 2017, 4:13 PM edit delete reply
If I had to guess, Edison would likely be targetting either Caius or Michelle next once they break through, Fuse is less likely to be a target assuming he reaches the sink and floods the floor quickly enough, plus his fire seems to deter her. Michelle is likely the next target because she's big enough to easily lift the containment unit and ruin Edison's day. My vote is we warn Michelle to be careful.
Mochi 18th Nov 2017, 4:27 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i agree that she's more likely to go for michelle first. fire deters her and she knows fuse is pyrokinetic, so it's more likely she'd go for the seemingly defenseless michelle. michelle poses more of a threat to her, as well, since she's strong enough to pick up the containment unit. i say we head for michelle, armed with our fire extinguisher, and be ready to give edison another spritz if she comes for us. warn michelle to be on her guard -- edison can come through floors, doors, and walls, and i don't think any physical attack is going to have an effect on her, be it shooting her or chopping at her with a machete.

edit: actually, head for whichever one gets through their respective door first. i misread and thought michelle had made it into the school already. regardless, fuse should be fine on his own, and if he needs to he can defend himself with the sink -- usually sinks in professional kitchens will have a spray nozzle. be sparing with the fire extinguisher, but still use it to spritz her if she gets grabby again.
Twyll 18th Nov 2017, 4:41 PM edit delete reply
We should start checking in with everyone for a split second every couple of seconds or so-- basically check to make sure we can still sense them and they're not all staticky, so we'll know as soon as it happens if Edison starts attacking someone.
Portal In Time 18th Nov 2017, 4:47 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Yeah, Fuse looks like he'll be able to handle himself with the spray-y nozzle in the sink. We should head over towards Michelle, since she seems to be closer to getting inside than Caius, and more of a threat that way, too.

I don't know why, but I still really feel like you should prepare a syringe. Could you inject The Blood into the extinguisher's nozzle for some high-pressure Blooding? If it's the iron in the water that deters Edison, then your blood shouldn't be any different, right?

EDIT: Also, set an alarm on Caius for if Edison gets to him, or if his brain gets too fuzzy.
Crestlinger 18th Nov 2017, 5:22 PM edit delete reply
Carefully check behind yourself. Sneaks always like the backstab. Otherwise hat Michelle, then Caius, and bring out some desks to put the canister on for quicker lifting when Edison shows up.
Nayru9572 18th Nov 2017, 5:29 PM edit delete reply
In all honesty, if we think we can make it in time I say we at least go and grab Jury's head.
I get the feeling Edison's going to be playing another nasty trick on us, so we might want to grab the most important stuff before we make a break for it.
And I'd assume Jury's head would be the part containing most of the information.
Cuttlefish 18th Nov 2017, 6:10 PM edit delete reply
I second grab Jury's head. We can't outrun murder-child. They'll reach whoever they want before we can. At least we can get into a good position to escape.
rufiangel 18th Nov 2017, 6:03 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Wait, I'm confused why everyone says Michelle is closer in than Caius is. Caius is already in the school and is behind the double doors to the main hall, right? Michelle is stuck at the back door we came in through initially?
Blue_Elite 18th Nov 2017, 7:47 PM edit delete reply
I don't know either. We're closer to Caius and Fuse is closer to Michelle (and has direct access to more tin/aluminum foil) so I figure we should actually stand our ground (or rather, on the container Edison supposedly can't pass through).
TheFaceless96 18th Nov 2017, 7:59 PM edit delete reply
It actually doesn't say where Michelle is stuck. It just says she's having a similar problem to Caius. So that could imply that she's also in the building just trapped.
Blue_Elite 18th Nov 2017, 7:53 PM edit delete reply
If we're not going to run to any particular room, I highly suggest getting on top of the container Tremors-style that Edison supposedly can't pass through. It's hypothetically the ONLY safe place for us right now (with Fuse having access to a large water source to protect him).