Comic 590 - Play with her

Posted on 16th Nov 2017, 1:28 AM in Ghosts
Play with her

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 16th Nov 2017, 1:28 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You ask who she is.

"The scientists named me Edison. I don't rightly know if I've got a real name."

You ask if she's also responsible for the teeth, the eyes, the blood...

"I am! Pried 'em out with a needle, I did."

You monitor the ceiling, as you've begun to suspect that's where she's hiding. Hesitantly... you ask what she wants to play.

"I want to make it like one of those game shows!," she proclaims. "You know, what with the doors and the prizes. So I'll teeell you whaaat... I'll mark all the classrooms, and you have to figure out which door I've hidden the head behind. If you can find it, I'll let you go!


But wait," she says.


"Not you. You're planning to cheat, aren't you? No... I'll let your friend there play. I knooow heee's listeniiing. He can go pick a door... and I'll keep you here."


You feel small hands grip your ankles.

It's the sort of cold that feels like burning. It courses through your legs. You feel your muscles tighten, your breath shortening in your throat.

She begins to climb you like a cat, using you as leverage as she pulls herself out of the floor. You find yourself unable to move as she scales you, your entire body painfully stiffened. You've experienced being electrocuted through another person before, and it feels a great deal like that... everything contracting, and burning. You're paralyzed, one arm around the fire extinguisher, your other hand like a talon on Jury's wrist.

She latches herself onto your back, peering over your shoulder at Fuse. You can't turn your head to look at her, but you can feel her dragging the tip of a needle across your cheek. You try to look through Fuse's eyes, try to call to everyone else, but everything comes up static.



image



You don't know what to do. If you fire your gun or use your pyrokinesis, you risk hitting Blondie. After watching the little girl climb out of the floor, you're not even sure a bullet would hurt her. The level's begun to wear off--you know because you can feel yourself shaking, your heart pounding in your chest.

"Well?," Edison asks. "Go on, then. Go pick a door!" She takes the needle away from Blondie's wide open eyes just long enough to point it at you, an awful grin across her face.

Comments:

rufiangel 16th Nov 2017, 1:48 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Holy smokes, we're playing as Fuse again.

Holy SMOKES.

Let me, uh...

Let me get back to this in a minute. O_O

EDIT: Okay, uh... ask what she means by she 'marked the classrooms'. With blud? ._. Also... she had better not hurt Blondie while this game is going on, or this ain't gonna be so fun no more. For anyone.

Are we allowed to go out and grab Michelle and Caius? -_-;;;
Mochi 16th Nov 2017, 2:49 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
it honestly might be a good idea not to let her know that there are two others.
rufiangel 16th Nov 2017, 2:56 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I see what you mean, but Fuse has to deal with this all by himself then ;____;
Mochi 16th Nov 2017, 3:08 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
he's a smart kid. and he has us!
rufiangel 16th Nov 2017, 3:25 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
That's true!

And apparently, Red, too. XD
Portal In Time 16th Nov 2017, 1:54 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Fuse! Can YOU contact Blondie's Red? Just as a quick test.. Other than that, let's try and.. Guess, I guess. Door number three?
PurpleKetchup 16th Nov 2017, 1:55 AM edit delete reply
I refuse to kill her. She's adorable.

Murderous, but still.
Blue_Elite 16th Nov 2017, 2:16 AM edit delete reply
I'm actually (somewhat) in agreement with you on non-murder; if for no other reason than I'm deathly afraid of what would happen if it didn't work.

I think we're going to have to "nice" our way out of this situation.
2FABZ 16th Nov 2017, 1:55 AM edit delete reply
GOSH DARNIT I HAVE SCHOOL NOW I'M WORRIED ;-;
PurpleKetchup 16th Nov 2017, 1:58 AM edit delete reply
Accept to play her game if and only if she'll play your game right after. Maybe a game of "let's repair the nice robot lady".

She probably loves having some time in the open, let's make her focus on something more constructive. Teach her the value of life, stuff like that.
Xylas_Incarnum 16th Nov 2017, 2:02 AM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
I'd say something about how that needle's not capable of killing Jane due to her alien biology, messing up her mind due to her primarily thinking with her human brain, sure, but it won't kill her.... Though it might be a negligible difference.

But yeah, Fuse, play along for now.
Steve 16th Nov 2017, 2:08 AM edit delete reply
Matt, you evil genius. WELP, TIME TO GO CHECK THE DOORS.
Blue_Elite 16th Nov 2017, 2:11 AM edit delete reply
Whelp, seems she can move through solid matter. Pretty certain we're 100% out of our league on this one.
Really no choice but to play. SO
Here are the doors we have so far:
Inside Hallway (We're in the bloody-door room)
Cafeteria (Door on the left takes us to Inside Hallway)
Back Hallway (Double doors are out, door on the right is Cafeteria, door on the far left is creepy door that opened on its own)

So that gives us 6 doors to choose from. I'm... VERY wary of what happens if we choose a wrong door so let's try asking for a "fun and cryptic clue" to make the game "more interesting."

Otherwise, if we have to choose immediately, I'd say go with creepy door that opened on its own. Given Edison wanted to play, I'm kinda hoping that's a stealth hint of where we're supposed to go.
rufiangel 16th Nov 2017, 2:14 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
I think she said specifically classrooms, so that might help narrow things down a bit?
Blue_Elite 16th Nov 2017, 2:24 AM edit delete reply
She also said she'd mark them so ya, I'm getting ahead of myself here. I guess just follow her lead/directions and let's get this goreshow on the road (wow! my spell checker isn't flagging "goreshow" as a non-existent word o_O).
Steve 16th Nov 2017, 2:25 AM edit delete reply
Now might be a good time to have Jane try and think with her blood... if she can. Probably going to fail, but I saw we give it a shot... hopefully this doesn't count as cheating...
Auron 16th Nov 2017, 2:29 AM edit delete reply
Check out the doors. We can try to win by her rules and try to kill her if she backs out.
Swagner 16th Nov 2017, 2:33 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
So, it's pretty obvious that her powers are electrical, perhaps their efficacy in contact could be a double-edged sword? Maybe can set off the sprinkler system to "ground" her? I'd keep an eye out for a fire alarm or something once Fuse is out in the hall.
Blue_Elite 16th Nov 2017, 2:56 AM edit delete reply
Just as a completely irrelevant sidenote: it wasn't the hats that saved us, it was the power of fraaaandshiiip all along (and likely how ridiculously silly we looked).