Comic 582 - Contact Red

Posted on 15th Nov 2017, 1:15 AM in Ghosts
Contact Red

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 15th Nov 2017, 1:15 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You politely suggest that Fuse refrain from looking at the chalkboard. You're not sure if Red can look at it--since she's technically just part of your subconscious--but you try to contact her anyway, and get her thoughts on what's actually going on here.

"█████ng's messing w███ electr███ signals in your bra██."

"Holy shit," Fuse exclaims.

"Fuse, ███████ think."

There's a brief pause... and Fuse goes pale.

"Okay, yeah. My internal monologue is getting static on it now. I can hear the buzzing when I think."

"███n't think it's psych██," Red says. "Unless t███ can ██████████████████cale electr█████ interf███████████████ like Fuse can. It's ju████████ the neurons, cutti███████████."

One of the lights in the ceiling flickers on for a moment.

Comments:

Bluhx2 15th Nov 2017, 1:28 AM edit delete reply
Bluhx2
EMP Emitter?
Portal In Time 15th Nov 2017, 1:31 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Dat subtle animation

Okay, so we've got some mutant jerk muckin' up our electrons and junk. Either we could run away as fast as we can, or we can delve deeper into this hellhole of a school and save Jury, the one most affected by mucked up electrons and junk.

My vote is to head on in with reckless abandon, but also not get killed as fast as possible.
Twyll 15th Nov 2017, 1:42 AM edit delete reply
I think Red was trying to say that it's *not* a psychic-- probably some sort of device emitting the signal. We need to deal with it now, or moving on is going to be increasingly dangerous. It's already messing with our ability to form coherent thoughts.
rufiangel 15th Nov 2017, 1:40 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Fuse can still see Red, dangit.

Nothing here feels good and I don't know if it's too late to back out, but maybe we could test whether the static feels are happening worse because we're closer to that classroom with the chalkboard or not by relocating back to the cafeteria or something, see if our thoughts are still hampered? Gosh darnit.
Blue_Elite 15th Nov 2017, 1:41 AM edit delete reply
Which light? We should go in the opposite direction of the light. If it's back let's move forward. If it's forward time to backtrack to the backdoor. In the former we should try to maneuver to Michelle and Caius ASAP. In the latter hopefully we can secure the exit door and go around to Caius and Michelle to press forward.
Obviously if I'm wrong and the interference gets WORSE just reverse direction... assuming we still know which way is which at that point.

We should also update Dr. Finch as soon as possible so that he might be able to recommend something to shield against strong electromagnetism (what I'm assuming this is) or otherwise protect our brains from being affected.
EDIT: Do we, by chance, have aluminum foil to make a hat out of? DX

(Sidenote: I like that static effect in the update)
Twyll 15th Nov 2017, 1:41 AM edit delete reply
Okay, we need to get out of here and return with Faraday cages on our heads or something. Do we have anything we can shield our heads with for now? Something metallic... Alternatively, we could coil our blood ropes around our heads and direct the blood in them to act in a way that could reduce the amount of electricity getting through to our brains? Absorb it somehow, or put out enough of their own electrical signals to be able to interfere?

I can't believe I'm actually wishing for a tinfoil hat right now -_-

Can we see anything that might be an emitter of some kind? We should maybe shoot out that flickering light, or focus in that area, as that's where the issue seems to be strongest. Can Fuse toast the light so as to fry whatever electronics might be nearby?
Blue_Elite 15th Nov 2017, 1:56 AM edit delete reply
I think the lights are a tell, not part of the problem. Since the school is unpowered, they tell us when whatever-it-is is approaching. As such we shouldn't break them.
Swagner 15th Nov 2017, 2:14 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
The cafeteria might have tinfoil, making hats out of them might be the quickest solution (and when brainpower's on the decrease, time is of the essence).
Blue_Elite 15th Nov 2017, 2:29 AM edit delete reply
So, crazy experiment and it might be the wrong time to try this (we should probably focus on getting away first and foremost), but could we possibly polarize the blood in our arteries and veins to be opposite so that they produce a canceling electric field?
C 15th Nov 2017, 2:38 AM edit delete reply
Agree! Checking cafeteria! Making foil hats! Must do!
Cuttlefish 15th Nov 2017, 2:44 AM edit delete reply
Lets hope we DON'T find Jury in here. If this thing is powerful enough to mess with our brain's electricity, it might've already wiped Jury. If there is anything flammable in the room, pile it on the device, ignite it and try to get away from its effect.