Comic 567 - Go to school

Posted on 12th Nov 2017, 12:37 AM in Doors
Go to school

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 12th Nov 2017, 12:37 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You take a deep breath.

The main problem that you recall with being on level was the lack of adrenaline--essentially, the brain will call for it but not receive it. You tell Caius' body to resume producing adrenaline if it attempts to initiate a stress reaction in response to physical exertion.

You think it... should work. Probably. Setting up an elaborate if-then contingency series using brain signals is a step further than you're used to, so you make a mental note to double check on Caius if he does get into a situation. The problem with trying to code in large chunks, without testing the smaller portions first, is that if one thing goes wrong or doesn't go as planned, it can upset the entire process--

you've never written code before, but the process feels a lot like writing code.

You can potentially keep Caius near the front of the school, on reserve of sorts, to lessen the chance that he'll be physically engaged before the effects of level wear off.

You may need Fuse at the back door to pick the lock... maybe. It was a pretty standard padlock, and you may be able to pick it yourself. Alternatively, Michelle may be able to break the chain or the door itself, leaving you with more options in how you split the group up.

You do determine that splitting the group up may be for the best, so you can watch both sides of the school--the real question is who is going into what groups. Dr. Finch will stay behind to watch the monitor, so you can test out your blooded camera.

You all change into your sneaking clothes and head toward the school, while you think about who you want in the front, and who you want in the back. There's also the question of strategy--whether the front group should infiltrate, or stay outside the school and wait as backup.

It's dark outside as you drive toward the school.

Comments:

rufiangel 12th Nov 2017, 1:51 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Congratulations for wrapping up chapter 4, senpai~ <3 now onto more horrible things that can hurt us outside of our safe little bunker A space XD

I love that the coding analogy just randomly cropped up to indicate that the syncing with Fuse has, indeed, affected Jane, too. I wonder what else has inadvertently leaked into Jane's head? Hmm.

I'll vote for keeping Caius near the front of the school together with Michelle, setting up the camera maybe closer to the front of the door so Dr. Finch has a good view, and stealth-ing in together through the back with Fuse. Michelle and Fuse could also swap places, but I'm thinking it'd be easier to stealth with Fuse, plus he's also hopped up on Level and I don't know if having two guys both high on Level watching the front is a good idea. -v-;;;

Quick weapon check - assume everyone has a handgun, Michelle has a machete, Jane might also have a tranq gun on her. Does that sound right?
Blue_Elite 12th Nov 2017, 5:47 AM edit delete reply
I was thinking we could have Caius at the front and Michelle at the back. That way the one-man-armies are in position to stop anyone AND won't be captured by any trap right away; allowing us to call either or both in as necessary.

That leaves Fuse, the camera (Dr. Finch) and us to infiltrate with either Michelle or Caius as backup as needed.

For strategy I was thinking we'd start at the back, make our way to the front, and secure both so Michelle and Caius can both charge in if needed. Then we can explore the rest of the building depending on what we find along the way.
WalkerOfSorrow 12th Nov 2017, 12:51 PM edit delete reply
I like that coding bit as well. Caius in the front, Michelle on patrol sounds good (maybe she starts off to the right, patrolling to and from Caius, then after 2 hours, we switch her to patrolling the right; that way she can check out the back of the school every now and then).

I like rufi's idea for the camera, and stealthing in through the back is wise. We should take point, and have somewhat-high Fuse watching our 6.
lil Joshu 12th Nov 2017, 4:40 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
The school hasn't gotten a name, it's just been "the school" this far.

Until told otherwise, I am referring to it as Watson Elementary (because the world NEEDS a Watson Elementary), and I shall seek out room 221 at first opportunity.
Baeronius 12th Nov 2017, 6:44 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
This ain't Baker Street, OY!
V 12th Nov 2017, 4:44 AM edit delete reply
Mask check? I dunno, I think it might be a good idea for masks.
PurpleKetchup 12th Nov 2017, 10:31 AM edit delete reply
Sssssmokin'!
Blue_Elite 12th Nov 2017, 6:39 AM edit delete reply
As far as strategy goes, 2 things Fuse can do along the way: find out if there are any blueprints for the school and if it's a Gesenai-owned building. If it is Gensenai-owned, we should expect a goon-squad either already in there or to come rolling in eventually.

The first thing to try and do is identify security and avoid detection for as long as possible. If we can find a security room and disable it that'd be the best. Barring that, we'd want to try and sweep the halls, checking open doors with the Finch-cam but not entering any until we've made our way from either back-to-front or front-to-back (whichever we decide to go with). The idea being to always have a secure way of backing up if we run into trouble.
Once we've got the front and back ways clear, we can start investigating rooms/vents (I'm assuming there will be vents). We should specifically note while exploring the halls what doors are open and which are not; because if closed doors BECOME opened, that's a bad, bad sign.

On a final note, we should avoid obvious bait. For instance if we find something that looks like/is Jury or her phone out in the open, approaching it is likely a bad idea. If, however, we find something stashed or hidden away (maybe Jury hid her phone in a locker and that's why it wasn't destroyed), that's fine.
Just remember last time with the warehouse - we're unfortunately rather predictable.
rufiangel 12th Nov 2017, 11:37 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Checking if it's a Shirai building is a great idea~
PurpleKetchup 12th Nov 2017, 11:54 AM edit delete reply
I like to imagine Jury has all the phone hardware inside herself and only uses a handset to make her look more human.
Which means Fuse located her, and not said handset, whose destruction ends up irrelevant.