Comic 564 - Poke around outside

Posted on 11th Nov 2017, 1:26 AM in Doors
Poke around outside

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 11th Nov 2017, 1:26 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You have the raven take a better look around the school.

Despite some minor wear and tear, the building looks fairly intact. There's no massive holes or debris; no vehicles appear to have driven into the building, or anything of the sort. It just looks very unkempt, and too dark inside to see through the thick glass.

The school has two entrances, from what you can tell. The back door has chains and a padlock over it. The front door has nothing visibly obstructing it--in fact, the front door is made of glass, so even if it were locked you could get in rather easily.

The dust on the steps leading to the front door has recently been disturbed.

Comments:

rufiangel 11th Nov 2017, 1:42 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Nice work on the entrance senpai :D <3

Uhmuuuu... can we hop around looking for any open or cracked windows? Peek through the front door since it's made of glass or is it still too dark even behind the front door? Can the raven hear anything? Should we try calling Jury right now, see if our raven can pick it up?

If there aren't any vehicles, she must have come here on foot... alone? Gosh darnit Jury, what is your phone doing here.
Twyll 11th Nov 2017, 1:52 AM edit delete reply
We should probably be gearing up to come here ourselves. Does there appear to be any kind of opening a rat could fit through? We might want to bring Willard and have him do some scouting before we go in, but it'd be nice if our raven could find somewhere for him to fit while we're getting there.

Let's fill up our tranq gun ammo with blood, grab our gear (and Willard), and put on our sneakin' clothes.
Mochi 11th Nov 2017, 2:35 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
while shooting blood-filled darts from a gun sounds really cool, having real tranquilizer darts would be useful if there are actually people inside. :P
rufiangel 11th Nov 2017, 2:35 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
If we're really going to go ourselves, I propose Jane goes with Michelle because Fuse and Caius are probably still hopped up on Level. If we take a camera with us, we might be able to do some finagling about with our raven - if it's possible to get Fuse in on the live stream of it somehow, they could probably watch our backs for us back in the bunker while Jane and Michelle go looking for Jury.

Edit: Take a machete with us to cut the chain on the back door, perhaps? Machetes don't run out of ammo or alarm people with gunshots, they're useful. :P
Archon 11th Nov 2017, 1:57 AM edit delete reply
Prep the blooded camera with some bandages for mobility.

Having an extra eye for when we inevitably go in to check the place out will come in handy.
Mochi 11th Nov 2017, 2:26 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
okay so... either jury came here on foot and is still inside, she took a cab here and is still inside, or she was ambushed here, bundled into a vehicle, and taken away, dropping her phone in the scuffle. what does the dust at the door look like? is there any evidence of someone or something being dragged? are there any fresh-looking tire treads in the dirt around the building, if there is dirt around the building? i'm not sure how keen a raven't senses of smell or hearing are, but can it detect anything strange from outside?

there are no vehicles around, so if there are people here, they don't have any getaway options aside from fleeing on foot, which seems impractical, unless they aren't planning on getting away. hrmph...
Mochi 11th Nov 2017, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
also, take a second and cut a small section off the rope, bleed on it, and see how we can manipulate it. if it works like the bandages, bloody rope might be a better option. it has more tensile strength and can stand up to more.