Comic 539 - Call Jury, eat

Posted on 27th Oct 2017, 3:46 PM in Doors
Call Jury, eat

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (4 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Oct 2017, 3:46 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You suggest that maybe the Dicers should be left to the federal agents. You step outside the bunker to call Jury.

You get... part of the way into an explanation, when you hear some commotion on the other end. Jury abruptly hangs up.

Hopefully, it was just her having to be sneaky around one of the other feds, and not any sort of danger. You've had trouble contacting her before, just due to the nature of her situation. You make a mental note to call her back later.

You head back into the bunker, and you all decide to eat. You partake of your grocery supply, and discuss the next step. You also fill Michelle in on what she missed.

"I support prioritizing the wiring situation in Bunker D," Dr. Finch begins. "Given previous events, we are very likely to need that bio printer in the future, and I would really prefer if the air supply stayed on during its use."

"I should have enough gear to take care of it," Fuse says. "Between my normal toolkit and everything we picked up for our DIY hacking project, I'm pretty well stocked. Fixing the wires shouldn't be a big deal... though I might have to look up a tutorial or something online, just to be on the safe side."

"We'll prob'ly need Fuse and Dr. Finch to take a look at them Juries, too," Caius says.

"Yeah," Fuse responds. "I can't make any promises there, though. Small scale electronics I can do, I've never fixed a robot before."

Dr. Finch considers it for a moment. "I've... dabbled in robotics projects, but nothing quite on this scale. I was also much, much younger at the time. Perhaps the still active androids will be able to assist us with instructions...?"

"I can keep tryin' to get a hold of our Jury durin' all that," Caius says.

"I kinda wanna get to bustin' up that drug ring," Michelle says, but then lightly pouts. "It sounds like Fuse is gonna be pretty busy today, though."

Fuse shrugs. "I mean, you are a trained cop, right? I could make some calls and give you the info on the mushroom guy, if you wanted to take somebody else down there."

Caius grins. "Yeah! Me and Michelle could prob'ly handle one drug dealer, no prob'lem."

Michelle lightly shakes her head, fighting back her own smile. "Fun as it sounds, I'm gonna leave this decision up to the boss. It'll be in the lower tiers, so we might wanna play this one more carefully... me an' Caius ain't exactly the vision of subtlety, though we might make for a decent good-cop-bad-cop routine if we gotta interrogate 'em."


You also pet the... currently spreading Baby Red, as much as you can in its current condition. You get a stifled giggle out of Michelle and a very strange look from Caius. Dr. Finch is too busy contemplating his sandwich to notice, and you can't read Fuse's poker face to gauge his response.

Comments:

Mochi 27th Oct 2017, 4:54 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
these characters are a gift, thank you matt
rufiangel 27th Oct 2017, 11:24 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
This is exactly how I felt after reading this update ahahaha XD
Nayru9572 27th Oct 2017, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
I'd propose doing all of that except for Caius and Michelle going after the mushroom guy for two reasons:
1. I'd prefer it if we had everyone on hand for that situation since it could get really hairy really fast.
2. Given the potential hostile plant in bunker D, I'd prefer if we kept some muscle nearby just in cas Fuse needs to be bailed out. Maybe Michelle equipped with a new make-shift flamethrower? Though that could lead to lots of collateral damage...
PurpleKetchup 27th Oct 2017, 5:18 PM edit delete reply
Agreed. Never go to bunker D alone.
Blue_Elite 27th Oct 2017, 6:53 PM edit delete reply
Absolutely not on the flamethrower. You do not want to start fires in confined areas with limited oxygen.

Just use gardening tools instead. A machette works wonders for dealing with oppressive vegetation.
lil Joshu 27th Oct 2017, 10:39 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
I'm more concerned about having everyone available with the lower tiers drug situation.
Baeronius 27th Oct 2017, 5:34 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Oh gawd. I'm facepalming now.
(Mario Oddesy) Remember that rocket area with the rotating houses in the desert? Well that moon had an invisible block beneath it, so we didn't need to stack goombas. O.o;
Morgenstern 27th Oct 2017, 5:51 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
I just told my roommate, and he cursed

very loud

also, in an attempt to drag in a bigger crowd from Twitch we are starting an earlier stream!

Like

in a few minutes probably!
If anyone wants in on that action.
Blue_Elite 27th Oct 2017, 7:04 PM edit delete reply
Can we get an ingredients list for the sandwiches? I'm kinda insanely curious what all everyone put in their respective sammiches. Also Jane totally adorbs as always.

On track: Dr. Finch can look into the android repair situation (I hope he has something warm) and Fuse can do his call-thing.
After that, Michelle, Caius and ourself can get any parts if needed for Dr. Finch and Fuse can investigate the Mars electrical room situation along with a watch-rat that we can put a blood alarm on incase anything happens from the plant room.
If Dr. Finch is all set and Fuse doesn't find anything different/dangerous from the plant room, they can do their thing and the remaining 3 of us can look into dealing with that drug dealer.
AlphaDragon 27th Oct 2017, 10:15 PM edit delete reply
Thanks MM i forgot we left baby red here instead of the space warp bunker.
rufiangel 27th Oct 2017, 11:33 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
The strange look from Caius made my joy complete LOL XD

I'm happy to prioritise the Bunker D situation. No flamethrower given the oxygen situation, but a machete or something similar would be useful against potentially terrifying blood plant abominations. Might be good to have everyone on hand for both situations, really.

Michelle could start with the drug ring bust by handling calling around the numbers Fuse has on hand, to narrow down a location, if she'd like to get a start on that. I'd love to see her and Caius do a drug ring bust together XD but backup would be wise, especially having Fuse (our lower tiers drug expert) available to advise on whatever, whenever. So yeah, one thing after the other I guess?

This update made me happy overall, hehe. I love this group <3
Baeronius 27th Oct 2017, 11:46 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
We should practice Bandage Jitsu!

HUaaah! Hoooh-Haaaaa! *bandage swings small scalpel around wildly*

I mean if the plant has your arms and legs tied up... say if it attacks, being able to do Something is better than nothing.
Varil1024 28th Oct 2017, 2:47 PM edit delete reply
Varil1024

You know, thinking about it... couldn't we spend some time infusing a large rope or something with our blood in order to have a strong tool under our control? If only we had a hollow chain or cable we could slowly fill up.

Memo 28th Oct 2017, 2:36 AM edit delete reply
Memo
Let's focus on getting the electricity in bunker D fixed, and let Willard the rat scout the scary plant room.
Negative on the flamethrower, as fire makes everyone die horribly in space
Macheman7 28th Oct 2017, 9:11 AM edit delete reply
Macheman7
Actually, on the subject of the plant, we don't KNOW that it's evil. Try sending in a complex blooded inanimate object, so we can wiggle it through the room and see if it gets crushed or eaten or whatever.

But if it is, machete it and salt the earth under it.
PurpleKetchup 28th Oct 2017, 10:05 AM edit delete reply
I'm not too hot about sacrificing random animals like that. Michelle probably isn't either.
Tsukistar 28th Oct 2017, 10:32 AM edit delete reply
Macheman said inanimate, so it'd probably be something like a toy or tiny robot or whatever.
Cass 28th Oct 2017, 1:55 PM edit delete reply
I remember someone talking about an IV bag snake a long time ago. What if we used that?
PurpleKetchup 28th Oct 2017, 3:16 PM edit delete reply
Misclicked which comment to reply to, sorry.
Blue_Elite 28th Oct 2017, 3:16 PM edit delete reply
Is that Willard perched on Michelle's left shoulder?
Mochi 28th Oct 2017, 3:21 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i do believe it is