Comic 478 - Send the rat to Bunker D

Posted on 7th Oct 2017, 1:07 AM in Doors
Send the rat to Bunker D

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 7th Oct 2017, 1:07 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You have your rat peek over the edge, into the abyss of Bunker C.

Carefully.

You hear nothing... you see nothing. Just a great emptiness sprawling off into the dark.

You tell the rest of the group, and you make a mental note to bring a raven, or maybe a drone, into this bunker later.

You step outside, you retrieve the rat, and then you swipe the card for Bunker D.



You send your rat into Bunker D.

The first thing you notice is that the bunker is loud. You can hear the fans in the vents spinning hard, blowing cool air into the entrance room.

Comments:

Mochi 7th Oct 2017, 1:16 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
oh, that's nice! flowers! it looks like it might be much warmer in here than it was in bunker b. i don't think we can really have the rat do much, though. maybe investigate the vents, but if there are fans right at the end of them, it's not really very safe for him to go in them. this one might require a humansperson to explore further.
Kitty 7th Oct 2017, 1:24 AM edit delete reply
How does it smell in here?

I'm kinda paranoid that the flowers will be somehow poison or evil or something...
Archon 7th Oct 2017, 1:24 AM edit delete reply
Looks like this area might be where the bunker grew food.

Probably want to run a few tests to see if anything here is safe to eat first. Assuming of course, we find anything we want to eat.
Archon 7th Oct 2017, 1:57 AM edit delete reply
Come to think of it, we should check with Dr Finch to see if there's anything we could check for air contamination around that door.
Its probably fine, but if we can check first no harm doing so.
7th Oct 2017, 1:27 AM edit delete reply
Plantlife growing on the right door and from the floor in front of it, gotta be a lot more of the stuff behind the door. Hope it don't turn out to be poisonous.
Espylacopa 7th Oct 2017, 1:52 AM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
Unless we think a rat sniffing the vegetation would be productive I suppose someone's gonna go in, assuming we want to continue this investigation right now. There are other things we could be doing like talking to ol' Grizwald or discussing what our next move is.
Akasha 7th Oct 2017, 2:22 AM edit delete reply
Well, Willard isn't falling up, so that's good. Let's bring him back home, and... put off exploring for now. Let's meet up with Grizwald, exchange notes, and maybe get a glowstick or two in preparation for sending one of our raven buddies down bunker C.
Morgenstern 7th Oct 2017, 2:29 AM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
Apologies to anybody that got briefly confused, I accidentally uploaded the wrong page to the wrong comic for a second.
Nayru9572 7th Oct 2017, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
I second going back, meeting Grizwald (though knowing our luck it'll turn into an incident) and preparing for bunker C, but could we first have Willard check from a safe distance if the green on the ground is actual grass first? I just keep seeing it as a puddle of chemic waste with flowers...

EDIT: oh, and maybe have Willard try to smell stuff. Check if it smells of nature or dirt or something.
Baeronius 7th Oct 2017, 2:46 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
It's either a jungle environment outside, or a Clorophyte living in this bunker.

You might not want to touch those flowers if it's a Clorophyte. They use Chlorophyll like we use Blood. I mean if it's a human hybrid, they might be understanding, or they might just consider the other plants to be the equivalent of cattle.
But that's a lot of ifs there.
(I mean think about it. We're mammals and we eat mammals, so a Chlorophyte might either be extremely into protecting nature, or see other plants as necessary competition and not really care about animals destroying them.
Anonymous 7th Oct 2017, 2:52 AM edit delete reply
A chlorophyte alien sounds cool
I have no idea what it is but it just does
I don't know why
Mochi 7th Oct 2017, 3:05 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
ooooor it could just be an overgrown greenhouse or hydroponics lab. if it's automated like the rest of the place, it would have been running the optimal conditions for plant growth unchecked for a hundred years. it's likely we'll find an indoor jungle on the other side of that mossy door.
Guest 7th Oct 2017, 2:46 AM edit delete reply
Describe the plants to the others. Maybe osmeone will be able to recognize the species?
Memo 7th Oct 2017, 2:47 AM edit delete reply
Yea, looks like we have to check this one out ourselves.. unless we can use one of the ravens to open the doors?
But I am also curious about the gps locations for the different bunkers. I have a feeling they are very far apart, and if that is the case, we should consider that when planting Baby Red, since there is no reason for Moms Red to stretch/grow to the other side of the planet, if one of the bunkers are much closer.