Comic 465 - Make the rounds

Posted on 4th Oct 2017, 1:35 AM in Doors
Make the rounds

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 4th Oct 2017, 1:35 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You find the baby red a place on one of the counters in the lab.

"Good spot?," it asks. "Am ready?"

You gently inform it that, no, not just yet. You just need it to sit tight for a bit while everything gets organized.

"Okay," it says confidently. "Am wait."

You go and get the laundry out of the laundry machine. You make the beds, then put the linens from your house into the laundry machine.

You find Dr. Finch, and you give him the syringe of Prophet's blood. You ask him if he can check on it, and see why it looks the way it does.

You find the crack in the wall in the main room, and you send your rat through it. The crack twists and turns, and your rat has to squeeze a bit to make it through some parts of it... but eventually, your rat sees light.

You can't see much from the outside of the bunker. Its snowing too heavily. It's not quite a blizzard, but it's coming down pretty hard. You bring your rat back inside.

Your blood alarm goes off, signaling that someone is leaving Macland Row's house. You check on your raven. You watch as Gesenai Shirai, Knox, Thale's secretary, and a couple of Shirai's guards leave the large home and head for their respective vehicles.

You check on your syringe in Grizwald's pocket. You don't hear anything, but the syringe is being jostled around--you suspect that Grizwald is on the move.

You check on Macland Row. The guards have changed shifts, but the situation is the same. Macland is brain dead, hooked to various machines in a cheap hospital, with Shirai's men keeping watch.

You help bring the groceries and such from the car to the places they need to go, and you restock the first aid kit in the barracks with the supplies that were bought a while back. You start checking on everyone's injuries, and you adjust or redo bandaging and such where needed.

Comments:

Akasha 4th Oct 2017, 2:01 AM edit delete reply
Well, seems we've learned a few things. Would be nice to know what the secretary looks like, but I figure that'll come later. I'm guessing we'll just be spending the rest of the night on getting settled into our new base, having a nice meal, and just generally chilling? Can't imagine we'd want to check out bunker B /RIGHT NOW/, anyways.
rufiangel 4th Oct 2017, 2:09 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Mmm, a nice meal does sound good. -v-*)/
Morgenstern 4th Oct 2017, 2:22 AM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
I actually forgot I hadn't showed her yet, because I'm some kind of writing wizard like that

You would know it's definitely her from overhearing her via Grizwald's pocket earlier, and you would definitely see her through the crow as she's walking out, sooo

image

whu-bam, the unceremonious revelation of what Thale's secretary looks like.
rufiangel 4th Oct 2017, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
!!! She... she kiiiindasorta resembles the thin blondes we saw in Mac's head? :O
Mochi 4th Oct 2017, 2:39 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
hmmm, she kind of looks a lot like the bimbos from macland's head. i wonder if that's just a coincidence?
Baeronius 4th Oct 2017, 3:03 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Aaaand she looks like Jane.
Cause all the small girls have blond hair so far....
Wait...
There's nobody with RED hair!... well aside from Red and Myself, but eh...
rufiangel 4th Oct 2017, 2:06 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Baby red <3 XD

Okay, I think we need to set up a kind of... meeting room? Like, a place we can all sit down and talk. Maybe spread an unused sheet out or something if we don't have any chairs or boxes or anything to pull out. We need to sit down and discuss our next move.

It's late, so I would guess we want to make our next *major* move in the following morning.

Obviously exploring bunker B is a big thing to do, but there's also Shirai/Knox/Thale stuff going on; if we're able to track Grizwald down, he might have a clue on what's going on there. And of course there's figuring out whether there's a reporter still somewhere in Macland's fun-time-torture-dungeon. Now that those cars are gone, we might be able to get a chance to infiltrate since security is probably still not as tight as usual there, when it's empty. Not to mention now that we have everyone back together again, we now have a slightly better chance at getting back at Arvin Carpenter - and we have a questionable address to try scoping out from Jury, though it could also be bait - we need to keep that in mind.

<EDIT>: I remembered two other leads to follow up on: Howler's apartment for email evidence to try and get Carpenter arrested, and Brother Harold Hope as another link to Thale we might be able to use for more information on the general conspiracy and its end game goals. But these are very very risky - just noting them down for reference. We have a lot of breadcrumbs to follow! </EDIT>

Out of the above, I'd aim for bunker B first if possible in the morning, if only because it might provide us with some more resources to use to tackle the other targets on the list.

Thoughts?
Archon 4th Oct 2017, 2:29 AM edit delete reply
Probably should be careful when checking out bunker B. Still haven't encountered any security measures the bunkers may have.
rufiangel 4th Oct 2017, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Oh, we absolutely need to be careful -v-)7
Akasha 4th Oct 2017, 2:40 AM edit delete reply
My preference is also towards exploring bunker B first. I kinda actually want to leave Grizwald to his own devices for the moment, though occasionally check back up on him. Maybe morse him a quick message about our new base, if necessary? Anyways, as for the potential Carpenter hideout... I'd want to send a raven there to scout it out, if possible. Even then, I /really/ do not want it to linger because that may raise suspicions. Best not to do that, especially with someone as deadly as him.

Also, yeah. I'm expectin' something a little more substantial in terms of additional security once we check out bunker B, so no need to tell me twice about being careful.
Guest 4th Oct 2017, 3:12 AM edit delete reply
Checkingout Bunker B is probably a real good idea, we might find something of interest - if not a good spot to plant Mini-Red in.

I also sorta wanna give Michelle a quick check-up, just to make sure she's okay. I don't think we've really had a chance to patch her up after the hospital incident, and even if the wounds are superficial, I'd still like to make sure she ain't pushing herself too hard.
rufiangel 4th Oct 2017, 5:00 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Just a note, post the hospital incident this morning - we did actually sufficiently wind down and also double-checked everyone's wounds (Dr. Finch checked with Jane) afterwards, so while Michelle does still sport a shiner, she's been first-aided quite thoroughly. It'll hopefully fade a bit overnight. :'D We also seem to have checked over everyone's injuries yet again at the end of this update, so no worries.
Mochi 4th Oct 2017, 3:02 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
i like that the place is starting to look a lot more like home <3 it's nice. it's also nice to have a place we can just... chill out. we don't have to worry about our enemies breaking down the doors or some sociopath unleashing biological horrors in our living room. we can actually relax for a little while. i think that, since it's so late, we should take it easy for the rest of the night, and get a good night's rest. we can check out bunker b in the morning.
Nayru9572 4th Oct 2017, 3:04 AM edit delete reply
This is probably just my paranoia after the whole cell-phone incident, but could we check our newly brought stuff and Fake-Michelle's loot for any bugs or trackers?

Of course in the case of the latter the GPS coordinates would be so weird anyone seeing it would assume we were changing them on purpose, but it could still lead them to the bunker.

I'm not expecting it, but in this webcomic you can't be too paranoid.
Mochi 4th Oct 2017, 3:09 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
Blood is Mine: Hope for the best, expect the worst.
Baeronius 4th Oct 2017, 3:09 AM edit delete reply
Baeronius
Can we have the rat carry a tiny snow-rover outside?

OOoh with a remote connection cam, a tiny infrared scanner and a little heater coil to keep lil ratty warm.

It would be a snowscape adventure!
Memo 4th Oct 2017, 5:04 AM edit delete reply
I agree with checking out bunker B in the morning.
We should probably leave someone behind in bunker A, who can take a look out the door, when we disconnect from it. Whoever it is should expect very low temperatures.

Also, and I find this important, we should have a birb follow shirei, to possibly find her address. That will be very handy later.
SteveTMH 4th Oct 2017, 5:07 AM edit delete reply
We could probably hole up here for quite some time... And I think we should check out bunker b soon... I'm curious about it. also, is it possible for us to get there without exiting the bunker? Also, can we like, fortify our encampment... I do not want any goobers doing what we did, and cracking their way inside or something.
AlphaDragon 4th Oct 2017, 8:04 AM edit delete reply
Looks like we are going to bunker B... My question is, can we open the door from the inside to bunker B? Or do we have to go outside then swipe the other card and go back in?
Might look a little odd.
AlphaDragon 4th Oct 2017, 10:20 AM edit delete reply
Can we wash Michelle's shirt for her? Is that all she's got to wear or what...
Baeronius 4th Oct 2017, 4:15 PM edit delete reply
Baeronius
A little odd? It's a hole in the wall that we just pushed a bunch of furniture into to disappear.
Deadly Death Sickle 4th Oct 2017, 12:26 PM edit delete reply
Deadly Death Sickle
Search for secrets, like hidden vents, suspicious cracks, eta. Also, feed the animals, they have done well
PurpleKetchup 4th Oct 2017, 12:42 PM edit delete reply
Grizwald was crawling around Macland's house with all its current surveillance going on ? And the best part... Jane's own raven didn't spot him when he left. Straight to the sewers ?
That's crazy impressive talent right there. Wonder if he doesn't hide something... but as long as he's friendly, that doesn't exactly matter.

Still want Jane to get better at redcrafting to slowly heal Mackey's fried brains.

But yeah, it's probably better to explore part B. Considering side A was empty, I entirely expect a lot more problems in that one, so better be careful.