Comic 316 - Get axe, check fountain

Posted on 3rd Sep 2017, 11:48 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Get axe, check fountain

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 3rd Sep 2017, 11:48 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You pull the axe out of the ground, then approach the fountain.

Despite its color, the... water? In it appears clean. This is in stark contrast to the water surrounding the island, which is murky, dark, and smells like... not water.

You also investigate one of the brownish lumps more closely. Its surface is like skin.

Comments:

3rd Sep 2017, 11:57 PM edit delete reply
Drink from the fountain.
rufiangel 4th Sep 2017, 12:04 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Let's... cautiously check out that open door? >_> No spider infestations anywhere... yet. That's... good. I think...

Lumps of flesh with skin on it though... man. Michelle.
Kitty 4th Sep 2017, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
I wonder if the skin-lumps have something to do with her face getting burned :C
rufiangel 4th Sep 2017, 12:28 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Agh, I didn't think of that :'D though I always thought she might be rather happy with that scarring, since it does set her apart from her other vat-copies and she got it being a badass. :P In a world where you can get bio-printed eyeballs rather easily, I'd guess a skin graft would be fairly easy to get as well, so I assumed Michelle was keeping her scar by choice.

Michelle is 'lab meat', though, and the sound of that has always been a bit unpleasant even though it's the universally accepted term in this world. She's said herself that she's supposed to be expendable, emotionally disposable, just existent in order to 'shoot stuff'. And she said it pretty casually, too.

Maybe that's what that stuff is about? Bits of 'lab meat' just lying around. Maybe.
Varil 4th Sep 2017, 12:10 AM edit delete reply
(Note : Posted this last comic, because a new one appeared in the few minutes between me loading the comic and coming back to my computer, ha.)

Okay, so thoughts in order they appear, here...

Michelle has us up on a pedestal...that's...sweet? But also a little off-putting. I'd rather we be just another person to her, but at least her opinion of us is a positive one.

Is the red blood...our blood? Like the effects of our blood sitting around in her mind? We might be able to use it to manipulate the environment.

I bet that whatever we're looking for is behind that barbed wire there. My first instinct is to use the axe to cut the wire, but I am a bit worried about the effects on Michelle. Still...I guess the whole point of this exercise is to see what works.

My vote for action is to use that axe to try and cut the bottom two strands of barbed wire, to see if we can crawl under.
Kitty 4th Sep 2017, 12:20 AM edit delete reply
I like the idea about that blood; it may well be ours, so we might as well give it a try.

If we don't want to cut the barbed wire right away, we can check the other door on the other side of the fountain, first.
rufiangel 4th Sep 2017, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Now that you mention the pedestal thing, the fact that Michelle doesn't think Jane is scared of anything (a literally fearless leader) may be a part of it. It's interesting how Michelle perceives Jane as a fount of clean water in an island surrounded by gross not-water as well, and hugely significant in what she believes Jane to be, inside and out.

Whatever Michelle is hiding from Jane, may have to do with how she perceives herself in comparison. Possibly?
Espylacopa 4th Sep 2017, 12:15 AM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
Get a look at one of those ?broken bloody pillars, or whatever the hell they are.
Crestlinger 4th Sep 2017, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
If this Is a nightmare scenario expect that beast from chapter 1 with Michelle's face and take precautions. Check the open door first, cautiously.
Mochi 4th Sep 2017, 12:20 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
i'm for investigating one of the bloody pillars as well. trees maybe? or the remains of them? i don't think there's anything else here we can use at the moment, so proceeding carefully through the open door would be wise.
AlphaDragon 4th Sep 2017, 8:12 AM edit delete reply
Check the blood, see if it is ours, even if not all ours a part could be useful.
Check the pillars/trees next.
Then peek i the open door if we have enough actions left.