Comic 296 - Talk to them

Posted on 29th Aug 2017, 4:47 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Talk to them

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 29th Aug 2017, 4:47 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Michelle that you want to know what they're going to do if they get out of here, but that you're leaning toward letting them leave. Michelle exhales slowly, tightening the grip on her gun.

"What are y'all plannin' to do?"

Prophet leans his head back. "Well. The plan was to kill your master... but the beast hesitates to show itself. Beyond that... I do as the goddess wills."

Michelle bites down on her cigarette. "The beast is thinkin' about lettin' you go. Don't think the devil's well known for mercy... maybe you oughta take the hint."

Prophet wheezes... then begins to chuckle, but quickly chokes on the sentiment. "Mercy. Is it mercy? Or is it fear? Perhaps the devil is trying to charm us... or perhaps... the devil... is quite attached to one of its thralls."

You're not sure where they came from.

Spiders.

Thousands of them, maybe more.

A great mass of them at Michelle's feet, frantically crawling up her legs. It takes Michelle a moment to notice them, the cigarette falling from her mouth as she screams. Her tough demeanor melts in a second, Michelle spinning into a wild panic as the massive swarm moves up her body.

Prophet pats Nimrod on the back, and the two begin to walk past Michelle. "We do not need your permission to leave," Prophet hisses. "Never did."

Comments:

PurpleKetchup 29th Aug 2017, 5:00 PM edit delete reply
Deep breaths, Michelle. It's all in your head. Just... take five or ten.

Jane and Fuse can try exiting from all the way they entered from, after checking for traps; then regroup and open that last door (carefully), which should lead to Cain.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 6:20 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
caius, not cain
worthless 29th Aug 2017, 5:01 PM edit delete reply
OK??? hat the f**** so does Nimrod or the Prophet have psycho powers probably Nimrod anyway we NEED to calm Michel down somehow like tell her the spiders are not real, they are not are they?
Xylas_Incarnum 29th Aug 2017, 5:20 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Give Michelle some pseudo bad level. It's also fairly clear that these guys are not interested in talking what so ever.
They are hostile, kill them.
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 6:06 PM edit delete reply
A psychic attack is as good as a direct one. They need to die. We need a good way to take them both out at once; can that be done now or do we need to wait?
Xylas_Incarnum 29th Aug 2017, 8:58 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Uhhh..... Fuse is the only one with any external at range mental attack abilities, Jane needs her blood in someone to affect their head, and Michelle is basically the tank class here. Far above average brawn with some brains to use it to good effect but little else without a physical tool set to work with. She has a shotgun and that bad level's to calm her down a slight bit, seeing how she's a bit panicked over mental spiders.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 5:41 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
let them go. get through to michelle and try and help her calm down. at least we know what to expect grom these jokers in the future. i still say we blow up their warehouse though.
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 6:09 PM edit delete reply
I am of two minds on this. I either agree with you, and say that the warehouse is a good way to fire back, or I disagree and say we take them down. If our blood is a foolproof means of neutralizing Queen, then that would be such a blow to our friend Prophet.

If we blow up the warehouse, what collateral damage will occur as a result? And if we do not, what guarantee do we have that Prophet won't wreak havoc with our mind as soon as he's linked to it? Guy's got powers.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 6:15 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i think with the way prophet is acting it's nimrod who has the freaky deaky mind powers. either way, we could just force him not to use them on us. right now, though, the best option is to let them leave so we can get to michelle safely. i'm pretty sure what's here is just more warehouses and they're probably also owned by rich twats. big boom, big fire, anything that gets damaged in the vicinity will probably be covered by the owner's insurance. they tried to kill us. a lot. and they'll use what they're building here to kill more people, or try to kill us even harder. better to nip that in the bud when we have the chance.
rufiangel 29th Aug 2017, 6:44 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Get to Michelle while telling her to calm down. ;_; aww Michelle, are spiders your weak spot? Darling.

This warehouse may be rigged to blow regardless what we do of those explosives are any indication so I suggest we just grab Caius and go.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 6:45 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i feel like no one would like being covered in spiders but i definitely feel her on the being terrifiwd. spiders are also my weakness.
rufiangel 29th Aug 2017, 7:03 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
That's fair, but this is Michelle, who I think might just yell in surprise or shock if it wasn't something she was particularly afraid of. Here, she actually screams in fear, her tough demeanor evaporating :'D I think if this is a psychic attack (quite likely) then it makes sense to me that what Michelle sees is what she's specifically afraid of.

Of course I could be completely wrong, this is just a theory XD;