Comic 295 - Send in Michelle

Posted on 28th Aug 2017, 10:36 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Send in Michelle

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 28th Aug 2017, 10:36 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You check the drawers under the counter, but all you find are empty vials and flasks.

You ask Michelle how many she took out, and how many are left guarding the front door. "Three. Wait." Michelle takes a glance aside. "Four. I took out four. Don't look like anybody's still guardin' the front."

You tell Michelle to head on in.

She makes it about halfway through the front door before running into Nimrod and Prophet.

"Hey. Y'all waitin' for your ride or somethin'?," Michelle asks nonchalantly, clutching her cigarette between her teeth.

Prophet sputters, stepping more definitively behind Nimrod--putting the large mutant between himself and Michelle's shotgun. "Something... like that. You... I know you. You're the officer from the hospital."

Comments:

rufiangel 28th Aug 2017, 10:52 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
This is the most nonchalant encounter ever and I am in shreds homg MICHELLE!!!!! :'D Granted, if any of us were to face Nimrod, Michelle is by far the best candidate, but... but...

I have no idea what to do here. Guys? :'D
Mochi 28th Aug 2017, 11:17 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
WAIT A SECOND. I RECOGNIZE THAT DOOR! AND THAT TUBE!

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WERE STANDING AT THE OTHER END OF THE HALL THIS WHOLE TIME?!

michelle, keep them distracted. i say we take our chances with the goddamn vent. they're literally right there. and so is the way out! and michelle! whatever happens can't be any worse that getting suplexed onto a table full of glass and acid by a batshit crazy tiger woman with mutant super speed. i'm done fucking around, let's go.

if we have to be subtle, then we go back out the office vent and make our way around to the front of the building as fast as we can. but i think, if we can get the drop on them, that would be better. we could also try sending our last two needles into prophet, but that might prompt retaliation from nimrod. i don't think we could do one each, though. nimrod would probably take more than one syringe of blood to control, he's very big. so... we could try that, or we could go for prophet, or we could try sending both at nimrod and hope prophet doesn't notice?
Espylacopa 28th Aug 2017, 11:41 PM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
Seeing them in the same panel like this really brings home how large Nimrod is. That arm is as long as Michelle is tall.

How much ammunition does Michelle have left?
Morgenstern 28th Aug 2017, 11:53 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
Seven shells.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 12:03 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
negotiating is also an option but we all know how well that's gone in the past. besides, we promised we'd make prophet pay.
PurpleKetchup 29th Aug 2017, 12:14 AM edit delete reply
Michelle stalls and distracts with banter.
Mention that you expected less murder when Prophet said he wanted to see Jane face-to-face.

Jane should get in the hallway and throw one syringe. Control it to go slowly above the crates then use Michelle-vision to hit Prophet right in the neck.
Nimrod's got that eye in his back, so he might interfere - in which case aim right for the damn eye and inject him that way. His skin is probably super tough anyway. Second syringe is for Prophet.
rufiangel 29th Aug 2017, 12:21 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Good catch, Mochi! I didn't realise how close we were. -_-;;

I'm not sure if the gas-filled vent (at this point?) is a viable option though. Hustle round the long way? Level must have worn off at this point.

Or could we pull the crates with explosives just enough to squeeze past while Michelle distracts the duo?

(Oh and uh guess we should tell Fuse what's going on. Hope it doesn't make him charging through the crates like a bull XD)
Vahno 29th Aug 2017, 2:35 AM edit delete reply
Possible Weak points for Nimrod. Head and large eye. His muscle mass would give him considerable power in close quarters, and allow him to soak up way to much damage to be comfortable. In a case like this... Aim for the legs. He doesn't have a weapon as far as I can tell, so crippling him like that will make him less than useful.
Crestlinger 29th Aug 2017, 9:03 AM edit delete reply
Thought there was a reason why that whole hallway wasn't shown, and a very good idea we didn't go in there. Sneak up behind them syringe and smoke bomb time. Tell Fuse to remain calm and ready to incinerate.
rufiangel 29th Aug 2017, 9:21 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Fanart, the first panel is a canon scene rendition of Fuse pulling glass out of Jane's back, and then the other two are just me messing around with potential XD

image

Her bra showing is the least of their worries, but I like to think she covered most of everything up with bandages XD
Espylacopa 29th Aug 2017, 9:44 AM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
First thought, if we're being practical she would've temporarily removed her shirt to make the task easier. Modesty is, at most, a secondary concern next to survival.
Zeddy 29th Aug 2017, 12:51 PM edit delete reply
Let them pass. We're trying to show Prophet we're not the devil, and attacking him won't achieve that.
AlphaDragon 29th Aug 2017, 1:57 PM edit delete reply
I agree with Zeddy... if they want to leave let them. We aren't the devil. But have Michelle be ready just in case.
Morgenstern 29th Aug 2017, 2:03 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
I think I'm looking at roughly a tie so far between "circle back around to the front of the building," "syringe them from the vent," and "let them walk away."
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 2:38 PM edit delete reply
I'll break that tie. Tell them "We are not the devil. If you will leave in peace, go now." But keep an eye on them the whole time and give them a wide berth. If they try to attack, don't just stand there and take it.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 2:49 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
well if we're going to let them go we're going to blow up the warehouse before we leave. i think that's a fair trade.
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 3:07 PM edit delete reply
What about this warehouse needs to be blown up?
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 3:11 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
the fact that they're manufacturing bombs is cause enough i think.
Kitty 29th Aug 2017, 4:20 PM edit delete reply
>What about this warehouse needs to be blown up?

It's our enemies' warehouse, and is full of their stuff. If it's stuff that we can't feasibly take (which I think large heavy boxes full of metal qualifies as), we should make it unusable to them somehow. And since there's a ready-made "thing what might go boom" in the place already, blowing things up seems like a pretty good way to do that.

Our enemies are obviously more well-supplied than we are, so anything we can do to even the odds a bit in that regard will help.
AlphaDragon 29th Aug 2017, 3:13 PM edit delete reply
I am sure Mochi is thinking deny resources... But my thought is if we blow the warehouse how much collateral damage is done.
Maybe if the shield generator was online... but from the sounds of it before turning it on is sketchy at best.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 3:16 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i mean the shield generator itself is a potential bomb at this point. and yeah, my line of thinking is if we don't deal with the bonbs now we're going to regret it later. i don't know that we can turn it on remotely is the problem.
worthless 29th Aug 2017, 2:48 PM edit delete reply
than I will go wiiiith tell Michel to ask them what they are about to do and go from there if possible while not seen syringe Nimrod because lets be honest he probably will not feel it
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 3:08 PM edit delete reply
Michelle been with us since the beginning. I'd rather not treat her the same way as Caius.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 3:17 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
they're not saying "force michelle to speak", they're saying "suggest she ask what they're planning on doing now".
worthless 29th Aug 2017, 3:22 PM edit delete reply
W-WHAT?????? Please be tell you're statement in ore detail.
Guest 29th Aug 2017, 3:29 PM edit delete reply
I just refresh the page and read my response to WalkerOfSorrow and man did that catch me off guard because as Mochi said that was just a suggestion to Michel NOT an ordear
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 3:38 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
i'd like to also point out that once we were out of a situation where we had no choice, we haven't forced Caius to do anything, either. i'd like to think we'd give him the same respect as everyone else at this point.
AlphaDragon 29th Aug 2017, 3:43 PM edit delete reply
I agree with Mochi about giving Caius the same options everybody else had.
worthless 29th Aug 2017, 3:48 PM edit delete reply
I don't have anything to add but agree
WalkerOfSorrow 29th Aug 2017, 3:56 PM edit delete reply
Wow, I sure stirred up something! Anyway, I wasn't so much saying worthless was suggesting forced speech. I was more commenting on using her as an expendable go-between that Prophet and Nimrod could easily take out their frustration on. If we have her attack them, that's fine. If we have her let them go, that's fine, but telling her to interrogate them while we start a fight? In a room that she IS in and we aren't?
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 4:03 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
michelle is more than capable of handling herself in this situation. she's already offed four people tonight and hasn't even broken a sweat. plus, she's in a prime spot to make a break for it if she has to.
Kitty 29th Aug 2017, 4:14 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, as long as we let her know what we're doing so she can be ready to move at a moment's notice, I think it would be safer for Michelle for *us* to start things from behind, rather than for her to try to attack WHILE the targets are looking right at her-- that's how you get your gun shot right out of your hands.

If she just casually questions the pair, she can at least put them off guard a bit or simply confuse them, so they may still be on alert but not necessarily ready for an attack out of nowhere.
Mochi 29th Aug 2017, 4:15 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
that's true!