Comic 289 - Defend yourselves

Posted on 27th Aug 2017, 9:54 PM in Unfathomable Hate
Defend yourselves

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Aug 2017, 9:54 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You alert Fuse that someone else is there. He turns, firing his gun. The bullet cracks the man's helmet but doesn't go through; Fuse doesn't have time to fire again before the man reaches him. The two begin to struggle, Fuse trying to aim his gun in melee while struggling not to be stabbed by the man's knife.

Your brief distraction with Fuse almost costs you. The woman in the tiger mask comes running straight at you, snatching one of the green liquids from the counter and throwing it ahead of her. You dodge the vial, the acid burning at the wall behind you after it flies over your shoulder. You get a shot off, but the woman runs very fast--she reaches you, grabbing your wrist and shoving your gun out of the way as you squeeze the trigger. The bullet misses her. You feel an intense pain in your wrist as the woman in the tiger mask bends it. Her other hand reaches for your throat.

Comments:

WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 10:16 PM edit delete reply
This was a delightful turn of events! We are definitely not screwed right up the ass! :) :) :) :)

Suggestions, anyone?
Mochi 27th Aug 2017, 10:20 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
I FUCKING CALLED THE SUPER HUMAN SPEED, GODDAMNIT.

stab her with a syringe! use the bandages if we have to. get our other hand up and block her's. if she can't get a full grip she can't choke us out as fast! pull from michelle's expertise!

fuse, be FUCKING CAREFUL waving your gun around, i'd suggest dropping it and just straight-up fighting him for the knife, but whatever you do just for the love of god don't shoot yourself. if you can aim under his chin that might be your best bet.
AlphaDragon 27th Aug 2017, 10:28 PM edit delete reply
Do we have enough bandages to mummify tiger face while we inject her? If not can we focus on her feet and arms, minimize damage.
While we are syringing people, can we nail the new comer through the door?
CiciEnixa 27th Aug 2017, 10:28 PM edit delete reply
CiciEnixa
If Fuse can get some syncing assistance from Michelle, that would be grand. I don't recommend the same for us, though, since Level's still in our system, but I do agree that the other arm preventing Tiger Lady's hand from getting to the neck might buy time.
rufiangel 27th Aug 2017, 10:42 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
She's close enough now to stab with a syringe I take it - I guess we don't have much choice but to give that a try. I think if we use the bandages around the wrist she's gripping to get that hand off, she might actually be sufficiently distracted enough to try stabbing.

If in all this kerfuffle we actually have the mind to sync Michelle's combat experience through to Fuse again that would be very grand indeed (in Cici's words) XD
Crestlinger 27th Aug 2017, 11:05 PM edit delete reply
Hmm are the pipe or axe close at hand?
If that or the above suggestions don't work there are only two last resorts available; Fuse's fire for his target and asking Red to help us deal with ours, under the limit of Only doing that, dicey with the level for certain, but better dicey than dead.
Crestlinger 27th Aug 2017, 11:15 PM edit delete reply
On looking back two other items of note:
1 That door is still charged. Fry a goon! Carefully.
2 Anything left in the fire extinguisher would be handy now.
PurpleKetchup 27th Aug 2017, 11:49 PM edit delete reply
Nothing that can help the current situation, but...

Considering the amount of blood he's left on the ground, Ace of Heartface here was hidden in the box under what's left of the barkeep (nice hobby). Waldo opened the box, so he didn't move right away.
After dealing with these guys, might want to actually wear their masks while looking for a way to Cain.

Anyway, his clothes are drenched in a mix that should contain a bit of Jane's blood. Can she try to slow his movements with that while struggling against miss Tiger ?
Struggle away from the electrified doorway - she's stronger and willing to sacrifice herself.