Comic 285 - Get through the electric door

Posted on 27th Aug 2017, 2:18 AM in Unfathomable Hate
Get through the electric door

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 27th Aug 2017, 2:18 AM edit delete
Morgenstern
You decide to try and hack your way through the huge boxes. At the very least, it would clear a path to the other side of the hallway without having to go through the vents.

You give Fuse the axe to chop into one of the huge boxes, since the exertion may be too much for you while on level. Fuse gets a few solid hits into one of the crates with the axe before he stops, suddenly dropping it. "Whoa, whoa, hold up."

Fuse takes hold of part of the box, tearing it open wider. Inside are decently sized devices, with numerous wires and tubes attached to them. You and Fuse stare at them for several seconds before looking at each other.

"I'm not... like, an expert or anything, but those look like bombs."

You contact Michelle, and describe the devices. "...Yeah, those sound like explosives. I'd watch out around all that--like, you could move 'em, but you'd have to be real careful. Real slow."

You describe the overall situation, particularly the trapped vent on the other side of the bombs. Michelle leans back in her seat, genuinely stunned. "Wow. Alright. So... Finch mighta been right, that vent mighta just been rigged to spray toxic gas or somethin'. Or... it was rigged to spray acid, and if that's the case, that whole warehouse could blow. I'm way more into guns than bombs, but I know demolitions and acids don't go so hot together. Or, they do, but... y'know. Real hot. Super hot."

For now, you decide not to toy with the giant stack of bombs. With the vent trapped in what feels like all directions, and the threat of blowing up the warehouse right in front of you, you decide to go for the electrified door. Your first thought was to rig one of the nearby bodies to a chair and launch it through the door with the fire extinguisher... but given that there could be explosives on the other side, you decide to be more careful.

You use the fire extinguisher to freeze up the metal door handle, then use some of the wood from the crates for further protection opening the door. It takes a couple of tries, but you manage to throw the door open without getting electrocuted.

Inside is what looks like some kind of laboratory, or at least, a place with chemicals stockpiled, and a setup for doing things with those chemicals. You hear a voice from across the room--a woman in a tiger mask.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... I'd watch yourself there, kid."

She chuckles dryly, spreading her arms wide.

"Lotta dangerous stuff in this here room... one stray bullet, one small fire, this place could turn into a powder keg."

Comments:

27th Aug 2017, 3:07 AM edit delete reply
Another mask for your collection!
Mochi 27th Aug 2017, 3:58 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
so… logically i'm guessing their plan is to bomb the higher tiers with what they're making here. that'll be fun. we'll have to try and come up with a way to foil that. also, i'm getting real tired of everything trying to kill us. this one hasn't made a move yet, but if we've learned one thing, it's "trust no one". take an aggressive stance and demand to know what she intends to do to stop us. keep in mind that she's probably queened, and be ready to act if she comes at us. we have a decent array of melee weapons, and there's two of us.
WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 4:24 AM edit delete reply
A pretty good assessment, but consider some of these details: judging by build, this woman might be a tubecop or something of the kind. WW conveniently also hasn't mentioned the gigantic glowy thing behind Tiger Mask. Which I would wager is the shield generator. If you look closer at Tiger Mask, her left hand is bandaged and bloody, and her left leg has blood on it, probably injured as well.

I think we should ask how she got those injuries, and offer our help with them, since we've got a nurse, a doctor, and someone with combat expertise, all of which we can pull from (Tiger Mask doesn't need to know that). If she lets us help and we can interact peaceably, that would be a good opportunity to learn her name, why she's here, and if she's beholden to these people.

To invoke "The Great Mouse Detective," it could be that she is a prisoner forced to make these bombs for them. Especially given she's on the other side of an electrocution door.
WalkerOfSorrow 27th Aug 2017, 4:28 AM edit delete reply
Edit: I meant MM/ a.k.a. the author.
rufiangel 27th Aug 2017, 4:41 AM edit delete reply
rufiangel
Well. That glowy thing looks like it could be the shield generator...

Q&A time; what is this place for, who is she, and why is this place rigged to high heaven?

Also, keep an eye on her in case she tries to pull a fast one while we're talking. I doubt she's delighted to have us in here.
Crestlinger 27th Aug 2017, 5:01 AM edit delete reply
Well well now we have the means to wipe this warehouse off the map. Tell Fuse to wait outside telepathically, talk with this person and find out what's going on with this place and why she's here. If peaceful treat her injuries and offer to help get her out of there. If evasive or hostile syringe her. See if there's anything portable of value in here. Time to find Caius.

When finally ready to leave (and if that thing Is the shield generator) Carefully put all the crate bombs in that room, prep a flask of BOOM, close the door and go to the edge of the shield's barrier, tip over the flask remotely and get GONE.
PurpleKetchup 27th Aug 2017, 6:00 AM edit delete reply
Tiger-missus here probably has radioactive blood, so syringing her openly is out of the question - she would have time to throw several vials or mix something terrible and explode everything in the vicinity before Jane assumes direct control.

Smoke bomb might help, unless she has explosives on herself. Better assume that's the case.

Must find a way to restrain her movements before attempting anything. I don't think the bandages will be enough. They build machines in there, surely there's a box of plastic-coated wires somewhere.
Jane can start talking while Fuse looks for that stuff.