Comic 111 - Break tubes, burn monster

Posted on 31st Jul 2017, 1:24 PM in The Hospital
Break tubes, burn monster

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 0 (0 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 31st Jul 2017, 1:24 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
Michelle peeks over the debris, taking a shot at the back of the monster. Her blasts are large enough that one shot should be able to break one of its tubes, in addition to hitting it center of mass. Meanwhile, you and Dr. Finch are working on turning the makeshift flamethrower into a makeshift molotov.

The room lights up as Michelle fires, one of the tubes in the beast's back busting. Mulched viscera spills from the shattered container, the monster turning with a hideous noise in its throat. The tubes are breakable enough, but its core body--armored as it is--was hardly dented by the attack. Dr. Finch hurls the super soaker, the children's toy exploding into flames at the creature's feet. The fire quickly begins to spread up the monster's body.

The creature lifts one of its limbs--not the slender hands, nor the bladed bone... but something else. It points it directly at Michelle, and before Michelle can get her second shot off...



Pure, weaponized gore is blasted across the room at a high velocity, like a power washer from some demented alternate universe. The spray hits hard enough to propel Michelle across the room, slamming her into the back wall and shredding skin from her face. The creature empties half of one its remaining tubes in the act...

and then immediately stops. It stares. It tilts its head. It sees the pile of blood and ooze it just left across the way as if it were the first time... and it begins to scurry, forward, toward the guts-soaked Michelle and the bio waste and all of you.

To feed on what it just regurgitated... and, likely, anything between it and its goal.

Comments:

DrBilly 31st Jul 2017, 2:17 PM edit delete reply
I hope Michelle wasn't taken entirely out of commission by that attack; another shot would be pretty handy. I'd really like some second opinions here, but in the monster's charge to consume matter:

-Finch should get to Michelle and try to get her up and moving; he isn't the physical superstar we need right now
-Jane should stay safe first and foremost, but if the creature is moving slow, try to cut that neck and hinder the beast's ability to keep eating
-Michelle should get better soon :(

I hope that flippin' flamethrower accomplished something!!
DrBilly 31st Jul 2017, 2:18 PM edit delete reply
Ohhh wait there's a vent!! If we manage to get away, we might be able to sneak around and sabotage another tube later.
Guest 31st Jul 2017, 2:19 PM edit delete reply
stop it splash the detergent in its eyes and mouth
Xylas_Incarnum 31st Jul 2017, 2:35 PM edit delete reply
Xylas_Incarnum
Time to run. out the hole in the wall you came in and away a good distance down the hall. Though from the way things are going we've crippled the bio printer by rupturing at least one of it's 3 (visible) tanks.
PurpleKetchup 31st Jul 2017, 4:04 PM edit delete reply
Blergh, goreblaster. Someone's been playing Metal Slug 3.
Any side rooms or holes large enough to hide away from that thing?