Comic 1104 - Put on your nurse face

Posted on 28th Jul 2018, 9:58 PM in Hope
Put on your nurse face

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (5 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 28th Jul 2018, 9:58 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You're not a psychologist, and definitely not a child psychologist.

And definitely not a ghost child psychologist.

You were, however, a nurse at an understaffed and underbudget hospital. You've had to deal with your fair share of rowdy, irrational patients--from drunks to drug addicts, to people that insisted on getting a little too close while a family member was being resuscitated.

While Caius does his best to comfort Tesla and Faraday, you put on your nurse face.

You begin to explain to Edison that you are going to help her, just like you did her sisters. You start to explain what all it was you did to--

"Shut up."

You explain what Faraday's situation was, and the great lengths you went to to restore her. You explain that, because the other two aren't actively dangerous, they're free to come and go as they please. You understand that the old team of scientists that operated out of this lab did some terrible things--

"I said shut up!"

--but you're not those scientists. Those scientists have been dead for a very, very long time. You didn't break Edison back out just to use her, like the Zone Fifty or Thale's subordinates did; you're just trying to help. Tesla and Faraday just want their sister back.

You ask Edison if she wants anything.

"I want to pry your eyes out of your head."

...You ask if there's anything else.

"I wish I could go back and kill you while I had the chance!"



You step away from the glass, and go to check on Caius, Tesla, and Faraday. Caius is... humming the song he learned from the ghosts here. Not well, but he's doing his best.

"It's lookin' like it might take a while," Michelle says quietly. "She ain't listenin' to a word, just... bein' mad for mad's sake. There ain't really a way outta that room, is there?"

"Not that I know of," Faraday replies.

"She... s-she never got out the last time," Tesla adds. "She wanted to. But... she never did."

Michelle nods. "So there's that, at least. Maybe she jus' needs a moment to calm down."

"Them tube's kinda freeze time for ya, right?," Caius asks. "It's all gotta seem like it was just tha other day, then--from what went down with Faraday, to tha school, to boom--right here."

"Makes sense," Michelle replies. "She ain't really gotten to simmer after we caught her at the school."

You tell Faraday and Tesla that they did a good job, and things are going... well, better than they could have. It's just going to take some time for Edison to accept the truth.

Comments:

rufiangel 28th Jul 2018, 10:25 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
"Put on your nurse face" is one of my favourite titles for an update so far XD
Sekwel 28th Jul 2018, 10:33 PM edit delete reply
Lets be wary of the "take off your nurse face" page, given this comic...

Maybe on to other things?
AgentKuga 29th Jul 2018, 9:13 PM edit delete reply
Wow yeah okay then
Cyanic 28th Jul 2018, 10:32 PM edit delete reply
on one hand seeing us might continue making her mad, on the other, I don't wanna leave these kids alone (maybe apologize to her, it might help even if it wasn't our fault,)

Since we're still waiting on her to calm down... we should do SOME BIOMECHING YEE
prototype that tech, summon some jointed bone and muscle fibers and see if we can feel through them by just holding them
Skullrama 28th Jul 2018, 10:56 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, let's... maybe tech Tesla and Faraday with us to the other bunker for now...

And start experimenting with Biomech stuff! Make a big muscley arm or something that we can fit our normal arm into, see if we can wield it accurately and well being in direct contact with it... then go from there.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 1:01 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
+1 expanding our horizons is always good, to the power of a million when someone is actively trying to kill us. x: o-o (on a side note Heroshima your pic is PERFECT for that comment XD )
Heroshima 29th Jul 2018, 6:54 AM edit delete reply
Heroshima
+1, let's go full power armor on our enemies.
AgentKuga 31st Jul 2018, 12:31 AM edit delete reply
AgentKuga
I agree with the BIOMECHING YEE. Seems like it would be useful with Edison awake.
wierdweblurker 28th Jul 2018, 10:44 PM edit delete reply
wierdweblurker
Let her roam this facility. Certainly be prepared to fight her the next time we visit, but the best thing to do now is to give her the space - and the freedom - to calm down.
Portal In Time 28th Jul 2018, 11:01 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
bAD IDEA PLEASE NO.

She can stay in the time-out cell until she's calmed down enough to not threaten our lives.
Twyll 28th Jul 2018, 11:06 PM edit delete reply
Yyyyyyeah no, let's keep her in her room for now. Bad idea to let her out-- who knows where she might hide and try to ambush us, or just break things that are full of lots of electricity and would probably do a lot of damage?
Gigafreak 29th Jul 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
Last time Edison was allowed to roam free, she ripped Jury to itty bitty pieces. And Jury's quite a lot sturdier than a human being.
We don't want Edison loose and WITHIN REACH TO DISMEMBER A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE IN SOUTHDEN.
Portal In Time 28th Jul 2018, 11:04 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
I think we should stay here and eat lunch. Play some music from our phone, ask what each of them really liked to hear, build a kind atmosphere while both supervising Edison and taking care of the girls.

If she calms down enough, maybe we could tell her a bit about what the present is like.
Twyll 28th Jul 2018, 11:07 PM edit delete reply
We definitely need to give her a bit of time to simmer down. Eating lunch in maybe, like, the other room, and checking on her once in a while, might be a good way to do that.
Twyll 28th Jul 2018, 11:17 PM edit delete reply
Before we leave for the day, we should most definitely blood all around her room, and set it as our blood alarm to monitor if she gets out (if we don't have something equally important as our blood alarm... I can't recall what we have alarmed at the moment).

We should probably take Tesla and Faraday with us so they don't have to be alone with their very, very angry sister. We'll bring Tesla's tent and blanket and fluffies, of course, so she can feel nice and safe, and try to set up her tent in a secluded corner of the bunker. (And we can introduce her to our own fluffs!) Alternatively, Tesla and Faraday could stay in Ilworth maybe? They're used to being somewhat unsupervised, after all, and an abandoned town sounds like the sort of place that a ghost child would love to play in.

When we leave (possibly after the eating lunch nearby thing), we should tell Edison that we're not giving up on her, and she doesn't have to try to chase us away. We're giving her some space now, but we'll be back to check on her and see if she needs anything soon.

We should also make sure to tell Tesla and Faraday that they're very strong and we're very proud of them. And give them hugs! Apparently they could hug Caius earlier, which means we should be able to hug them now :)
Japster 28th Jul 2018, 11:24 PM edit delete reply
Japster
Maybe surrounding the traumatized ghost child in blood is a bad idea?
but for the most part, I agree with this
Skullrama 29th Jul 2018, 12:55 AM edit delete reply
I'm good with this as our plan around leaving.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 1:00 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
yeah, we've done all we can for now, time to workshop some ideas, not saying DON'T workshop the Bio-Mech(will +1 that in a bit here), but i also want to try and see if we can make a way to safely transport everyone through the blood, also, pretty sure Mine can easily blood port herself now, so we can port home and maybe try to Blood Moms red? i forget why we wanted to do that so long ago, but if the reason is still valid seems like a good idea. (Edit: on a side note, we should TOTALLY *sigh* like a mom as we leave)
Verde 29th Jul 2018, 1:17 AM edit delete reply
We still have one of our eyes not physically attached to anything? I wonder how she'd react if we just popped it right out of our head and offered it to her.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 1:18 AM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
OMG +1 and -1 at the same time from me on this XD
PurpleKetchup 29th Jul 2018, 2:14 AM edit delete reply
Mine can probably produce some fresh eyes out of the red if need be, but would that help ? Edison will probably say the fun part is ripping them from their sockets.
Or something.
Blue_Elite 29th Jul 2018, 3:16 PM edit delete reply
Yes, she wanted to pry Mine's eyes out of her head. Had she worded that more poorly, I'd be all for Mine popping out her eyes and then saying, "Anything else?" But alas, Edison's choice of words doesn't allow for a righteous comeuppance.
Guest 29th Jul 2018, 1:22 AM edit delete reply
Yep, bloody knew this was gonna happen, which is why I suggested letting her out before we took a day off to give her time.
Crestlinger 29th Jul 2018, 1:29 AM edit delete reply
Yep escort everyone out of the area leaving just Mine and Edison. Then show her that we can't Be killed (with the eye thing mentioned above) so she might as well listen. If she still refuses to listen leave with the eye there watching her as a safeguard and blood alarm it for vibration. Next up is assess the laundry list of things to do with our town now that the lights are back on correctly.
1977 29th Jul 2018, 1:52 AM edit delete reply
@ Lunar Waffles
as seen on this page
http://bloodismine.thecomicseries.com/comics/1093/
they can leave perfectly fine.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 10:46 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
doh, totally forgot about that XD thanks
pkrankow 29th Jul 2018, 8:33 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Gonna need to Astral project before this is done, but not while there is a powder keg standing in for Edison.
fellow 29th Jul 2018, 9:15 AM edit delete reply
fellow
We should probably keep an eye on edison. Like, a literal eye. Or just an animal or something. If she does break out we need to know before she gets loose in iworth or hurts her sisters.
Mr.thought 29th Jul 2018, 9:28 AM edit delete reply
If we are moving on to other things I know I have said this many times before but could we work on our defenses for our base. It’s only a matter of time before thale and/or carpenter discover our base. A good thing to do would be to add little eggs of blood to the street so we can portal in blood in an emergency. After that we can do whatever experiments we feel like. This would give me much peace of mind.
lil Joshu 29th Jul 2018, 10:44 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Only mildly related thought...

Work with Finch, Pierce, and Mom's red with ritual... see if we can make a ritual to summon not only bone armor, but a full body that matches your imprint, so that way the girls can have bodies.
pkrankow 29th Jul 2018, 11:00 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Very interesting ideas. Yes, get the brains on it.

Side thought run drafts past Michelle and Caius to attempt to tap into loaded memories, like Plumber Caius.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 1:38 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
Oh, another idea, work some more on Elizabeth's skeleton.(if we haven't fix its completely yet)
Blue_Elite 29th Jul 2018, 3:28 PM edit delete reply
Whenever we're done here, next step should be getting power to Ilworth (so we can finally liberate the refugees AND have a place for any future blooded).

Also make a quick run and finally deposit those forbidden Zone 50 items with mom's Red.

Also also don't forget that now that Edison is out of her canister, it'd be a good time to remove that tracker from the inside.
Lunar Waffles 29th Jul 2018, 8:57 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
+1 to these as well yes, x: SO much to do.
37212513 30th Jul 2018, 2:29 AM edit delete reply
37212513
Well, if we haven't already, I think we should take a moment to try upgrading our BloodAlarm to 2 Alarms. So many times we missed something very important. Would be doubly helpful if your pets could somehow grab your attention when watching something.

Also, while your still good and calm, get Fuse into the ERROR room again. His ability proved quite useful and knowing what the next possible gameover might be could help decide the next event to focus on long term.

not quite sure why I didn't mention that last comment
Skullrama 30th Jul 2018, 10:07 AM edit delete reply
I'm pretty against making 'Hey Fuse, let's go see how you could potentially horribly die in the future so we can avoid it!' our go-to option during down time. It's kind of traumatizing for the guy.
echo 30th Jul 2018, 12:27 PM edit delete reply
"I don't... ever wanna go back in there, though. Not if I don't have to. Fuck almighty. ...Fuck."
Fuse, page 993
Leafia_Barrett 30th Jul 2018, 2:36 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Yeah, let's not reintroduce Fuse to that experience again.
ReikoLupus 30th Jul 2018, 10:31 AM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Before doing anything else, Transform ourselves into ghosts. Show the Little girl what we are capable of in our ghost form. You know, everything about shoothing thunders from our fingers and things like that XD. Maybe that would add a bit of weight in our argument about Incident F XD.

After that... Bring Baby Red to keep company to the Little girls. Its Cuteness and sincerity must help to calm even a Psycho ghost XD.
PurpleKetchup 30th Jul 2018, 12:47 PM edit delete reply
Oh, speaking of child psychology...
Sometimes kids think that a "bad thought" turns into terrible reality and blame themselves without really expressing their guilt and/or turning to destructive behaviours.
Like being glad your sister is the one they experiment on today and not you.
So, Mine should reassure Edison that everything that went wrong with Faraday is definitely not her fault, as many times as it takes until she realises it.

And stick next to her cell too. Presence and availability are reassuring, even if it's people you're not very fond of.
Leafia_Barrett 30th Jul 2018, 2:13 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
I think it may be best for us to temporarily relocate Tesla and Faraday, if they're comfortable with it, or at least find some way to isolate Edison from them. Edison needs time to calm down and process everything, and the other two probably shouldn't be around her while she does - last thing they need is that kind of trauma.

We should definitely try to figure out a good way to visit Edison regularly though. Doing it on a specific schedule might be a bad idea - that's probably the way the doctors' interactions with the girls were arranged, via a schedule - but we have to keep working with her to help her through this.
Skullrama 30th Jul 2018, 9:29 PM edit delete reply
I do agree that they shouldn't stay here unsupervised with their sister locked up right next door...
Dromite 30th Jul 2018, 7:41 PM edit delete reply
okay so this isn't a comment on what to do but I just saw (instead of "an interactive webcomic") it say "watch the city burn"
Lunar Waffles 30th Jul 2018, 8:39 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
it has a small chance of showing,if you can follow the clues there is an "Easter Egg(?)". the discord community has already cracked this, and is more then willing to help if you get stuck.