Comic 1098 - Tell her what you're thinking about

Posted on 9th Jul 2018, 9:57 PM in Chapter VIII
Tell her what you're thinking about

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (5 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 9th Jul 2018, 9:57 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Michelle that you're thinking about how much she's changed. When you first met her, she talked about 'regular people' as though she wasn't one of them--and now, here she is, considering herself regular people and probably not even realizing it. She's come a long way, and you're proud of her.

Michelle grins, looking aside. "I... yeah, I guess I kinda did, didn't I? Man, I was in a bad place back then... but you and the others, you guys made me feel... I dunno. Like people. I was always treated like... a forklift with a gun, or a dog or somethin'. Once I realized how Vasquez saw me, I could see the looks on everybody else's faces, and I knew they saw me the same way--that I was less. People looked right through me. You... and Finch, and Fuse, you look at me like I'm real. We went to such insane lengths to save Caius..."

Michelle shakes her head, her grin relighting. "Nobody else woulda done that. Mac, Shirai... they would've jus' let 'em die. Scratch his name off th' budget, get a new one. We were all so torn up about him dyin', and we went so far to undo it... I didn't even think about it 'til later, y'know? How weird it was. It shouldn't be weird, but it is. Me an' Caius both jus' kinda... I dunno, accepted our lots in life, before all this started. I was messed up and down about it, and Caius had long stopped givin' a damn, but... we'd still accepted it."

Michelle turns back to you, smiling more softly. "I'm gettin' used to it, though... bein' people. Regular people. Gettin' my say in the conversation, bein' treated like I deserve to be there... people worryin' about me. Everybody comin' out a tube oughta feel this way. Everybody gettin' pumped out by a lab or a corporation... they should get to live, and have a family and be more than their job. I guess that's why I'm gettin' on this crazy revolution kick..."

She leans back in her seat. "I wanted to settle. Y'know... just enjoy the peace when it's all over, live the life I didn't think I'd get to have. ...But knowin' there's a bunch o' people just like me, that won't get this kinda chance--that'll never be cared about, that'll get treated like trash and then thrown away when they're done--I can't jus' calm down and take it easy knowin' that. When this fight's over, I ain't done fightin'. It shouldn't have to be the end o' the world for someone like me to get a fair shake. Also..."

Michelle chuckles slightly, wobbling a bit in her seat. "We should prob'ly be gettin' back, and down some water. We're gonna have a helluva hangover in the mornin'."

To be fair, you could maybe alleviate a hangover with the red. You've... not really had an opportunity to try it.

Michelle laughs a little more. "I wouldn't doubt it... not for a second. We prob'ly shouldn't risk it, though."


You and Michelle head back to the hotel. You speak with the clerk at the front desk, who confirms that all of your friends have made it by and picked up their room keys.

Comments:

Japster 9th Jul 2018, 10:20 PM edit delete reply
Japster
Get a good night's rest
Blue_Elite 10th Jul 2018, 3:06 AM edit delete reply
Unless any shenanigans yep. Try to prevent hangover and get lots of sleep in a good bed.
Gigafreak 9th Jul 2018, 10:32 PM edit delete reply
While headed to our room, consider mentally checking on Fuse and Liz.
Mostly to see if Fuse and Lydia are trying to murder each other. Or at least get a front-row seat on any particularly amusing arguments going on in their room-- and level Fuse if he needs it to tolerate Lydia's... energy.
Skullrama 9th Jul 2018, 10:47 PM edit delete reply
After a little consideration, blood spying on our friends i their private room during our day off might be, at best, pretty rude. And at worst a big abuse of power and violation of trust.

Maybe just knock on the door and check on them the old fashioned way, yes?
Leafia_Barrett 10th Jul 2018, 1:14 AM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Agreed. We're trying not to be an eldritch blood god for a day. Let's check on them like normal people.
Guest 10th Jul 2018, 3:05 PM edit delete reply
Checking on them like normal people sounds good, then to bed and passing out :P
Memo 10th Jul 2018, 7:55 PM edit delete reply
Memo
+1
Barswanian 9th Jul 2018, 11:12 PM edit delete reply
Make sure we thank Michelle for today.

Also: if we have any animals back at a base, make sure we set a blood alarm in case one is invaded.
Blue_Elite 10th Jul 2018, 3:05 AM edit delete reply
Our current blood alarm is on Grizwald in case he gets into trouble.

Not against changing it; just a reminder for consideration.
Portal In Time 10th Jul 2018, 3:40 AM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Give a formidable hug/pat on the shoulder combo as you two drive home. It's been a nice day.
AgentKuga 10th Jul 2018, 2:53 PM edit delete reply
+1