Comic 1087 - Eat lunch

Posted on 25th Jun 2018, 9:33 PM in Hope
Eat lunch

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 25th Jun 2018, 9:33 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
Over chicken noodle soup, you all discuss the next step.

"I mean, nothin's urgent, at this point," Michelle points out. "Figurin' out the power situation for Ilworth would be good, so the Mars club can see daylight again."

"With Faraday restored," Dr. Finch begins, "we can utilize the power already stockpiled in Bunker E without it eating away at our consciences. We'll still need to sort out how to configure it to Ilworth's existing power station..."

"And hope there ain't, like, monsters livin' in that thing," Michelle adds.

"We've started laying the groundwork for screwing with Thale's identity," Fuse states. "That'll take a few days to really start kicking off, though--right now we're just sorting out how to pay for billboard space and radio ads anonymously, stuff like that."

"We still got Bunker X," says Caius. "Only did one floor o' that, right?"

"Yeah," Michelle replies, "but that ain't gonna be a today thing. Blondie's runnin' on fumes, and there's no way in hell we're headin' back into that without her."

"Speaking of things that aren't today things..." Fuse begins, hesitates, and then sighs. "...Carpenter."

Everyone groans.

"I wanna just... not think about 'em for a minute," Michelle responds. "Or ever. Maybe we'll get lucky, and he'll just... die on his own. Maybe if we trade up a bunch o' pictures we drew of Carpenter havin' a stroke or somethin'..."

With how drained you are, you suspect your options for the remainder of the day are pretty limited. You could do some studying of your own on Geoangular Control--though, with how much Fuse, Dr. Finch, and Pierce have read through it already, you're not sure if you could break any new ground. You could discuss current matters with Mom's red... though, as the mouth has pointed out themself, you're probably veering way beyond their experience at this point. You reached uncharted territory a while back, and haven't really slowed down.

A spa day does sound nice, though it might be hard to justify to yourself with everything else still going on. You'd also have to figure out who all gets to cram onto the motorcycle, and who has to stay behind and miss out.

You also keep coming back to all that electricity you shoveled off into your red. ...Electricity is produced by the body. It was hard to do much with that conclusion before, when your other powers were still limited... but during the church rescue, you had to get a jump start on pulling mass directly from your red. ...Which means you could probably pull biologically generated electricity directly from your red, as well.


You're not really sure that's the sort of thing to be playing with while you're still physically exhausted, though, and what you ended up pulling from the red was... well, those grotesque walls. You're afraid of what the energy equivalent of those walls exploding out of your body would feel like.

Comments:

Mister 25th Jun 2018, 10:29 PM edit delete reply
Electricity bursting out of a body... Is anyone else thinking Raiden from Mortal Kombat?
Twyll 25th Jun 2018, 10:30 PM edit delete reply
We should probably also check on the Knoxstrosity. He's been kinda hanging out in our red while we did other stuff... He might start to break down because I doubt he was made to last terribly long, and whatever we could learn from him would disappear with him.

I suggest blooding him within the red by manipulating the red to create a needle and just poking him, then seeing what we can learn. It would require some concentration, but hopefully less physical exertion at least-- we've gotten pretty good at just looking around. Depending on what we learn, we can make a decision about whether we can try to restore his brain, kill him, or keep him around to use as some kind of horrifying Pokemon.

Oh gosh, I just realized-- using the blood bug method, Jane could essentially make Pokeballs that can widen to spit things out from the red. The most gross and weird of Pokeballs.

Edit to add, Re: the motorcycle, can we get our hands on a second motorcycle? Maybe in Southden itself (possibly with the help of the Deck) so it comes with all the proper paperwork? Then we can make trips more easily.

Heck, if we buy it in Southden, we could just get a car-- or we could try the ritual for trading up cars in Ilwoth. We'd have to have our bloodfriends do it, because of course Mine is very tired. She could hang out in Ilworth and watch the goings-on, though!

So, if more transportation is a prerequisite for a spa day, we can definitely work on getting more transportation.
Cyanic 25th Jun 2018, 10:33 PM edit delete reply
Agree with checking on Knox, but iirc, we already blooded him, that's how we found out he was still alive, just brain ded

but, eldritchmons sounds so good
ReikoLupus 25th Jun 2018, 10:36 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Investigating the Knoxstrosity sounds like a good idea XD.
And while we are at it, the others can work in Ilworth. And tomorrow, we can make a family reunión with the 3 ghost girls XD.
Frission 25th Jun 2018, 11:14 PM edit delete reply
Frission
Oh jesus I totally forgot about Knox! D: Oh dear.. Yeah, he's our best shot at figuring out how to undo the damage Thale can do to people both from oversyncing and doing... whatever the eff he did to Knox. Seeing as this was literally the biggest controversy we've ever had in our community here, we definitely need to put doing that on the to-do short list.
Winged Crusade 26th Jun 2018, 10:36 AM edit delete reply
Winged Crusade
I’m pretty sure Knox is gone.

Believe me, I wanted to save him, too.
Twyll 26th Jun 2018, 2:53 PM edit delete reply
Oh, I don't think we can *save* him. I do want to *study* him, though, before he deteriorates too much. I sincerely doubt Thale constructed him to last terribly long.
Cyanic 25th Jun 2018, 10:31 PM edit delete reply
If we can pull from the red without lightning spewing everywhere, I say we get started on the fundamentals of the biomech, aka produce a small piece of muscle fibers, and a small piece of jointed bone, hold both in each hand and see if you can feel through them like those bandages

Then lie down a bit, maybe we can get some energy back in case we wanna info ritual
Barswanian 25th Jun 2018, 10:38 PM edit delete reply
Haha, Chicken soup is good for the soul.

Yes, it would not be fair if everyone could not go to spa day. But we need people monitoring things too. Maybe ask for volunteers?

It might also pay off in just being able to see new people not involved with the whole Thale thing.
Self care is important Mine! Before we break down entirely!
Skullrama 25th Jun 2018, 11:05 PM edit delete reply
We did want to ask Mom's Red how it knows where pieces of it are. This might help us figure out how to navigate our own Red.
Gigafreak 26th Jun 2018, 12:24 AM edit delete reply
Indeed. For once, it's not a thing that Mine invented; it's a thing that her mother's red would actually know.
Twyll 26th Jun 2018, 2:54 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, the things we want to learn about-- Blood Speech, location within the red, and location within space-- are all things Mom's Red can actually teach us.
Blue_Elite 25th Jun 2018, 11:35 PM edit delete reply
If we haven't already we could sync the information that's been read up by the others and use that as a jumping-off point to continue reading into Geoangular Control.

We could also spend time with the animals. That's relaxing, cheap, and requires no special arrangements.
Espylacopa 25th Jun 2018, 11:44 PM edit delete reply
Espylacopa
Cramming people onto a motorcycle might not be a issue if we can push forward with Project Space Car.
Warp 26th Jun 2018, 3:20 PM edit delete reply
We can also just, make a blood portal in the motorbike and pull people through the base to the spa in an air-bladder that we spawn around them, like a Loony_Tunes/Roger_Rabbit portable hole made out of flesh instead of perspective tricks.
PurpleKetchup 25th Jun 2018, 11:51 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, slowly working on Knox is probably best. Maybe Elizabeth too, if Mine feels up to it afterwards.
Twelveseal 26th Jun 2018, 4:32 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Personal suggestions:

Do literally nothing for a day. This applies at least to Mine, but everyone on the main team needs a break, from Michelle all the way to Liz. Let them all chill and have a fun day. Making arrangements for the spa is work in its own right. Just let everybody rest for a bit if at all possible.

After the rest, address Knox. See what we can, or can't, do for him.

Start making arrangements for the spa day. That means a new ride and the paperwork, asking Lovers for suggestions on where to go or looking around on our own, getting rates, and figuring out who gets to go when and with whom. Finch and Caius on the same trip, anyone? How about some female bonding with Mine, Michelle, and Liz going at once? Or should they drag along Fuse? Should the Mars crew get to go, since they've been cooped up for so long?

Reunite the ghost trio. And give them instruments. Then find out what they want to do about their situation, and ours.

Look into a source of income. We're burning through cash and looking to wage an information warfare campaign on top of starting up a town and chilling at a spa. Caius brawling ain't gonna cover all this.

Check out the Mars mine. Not knowing what's in your own backyard is troubling.

Just a few things.

Also, apparently this comment section doesn't support the List function. I haz a sad.
Barswanian 26th Jun 2018, 11:06 AM edit delete reply
+1
dasno 26th Jun 2018, 4:21 PM edit delete reply
+2
mr. thought 26th Jun 2018, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
+3
PurpleKetchup 26th Jun 2018, 11:44 PM edit delete reply
By process of elimination while discussing with the Tradesmen, the mine most likely holds the remaining fragments of the enemy Red.
Best not travel there without preparing for a fight, so probably not what we should do right now.
1977 26th Jun 2018, 5:43 AM edit delete reply
Already good ideas what to do out there.
I just like to add get everything out of the Marsbase now.

The people from Mars can clean Ilworth up a bit.
They can see about the situation with the energy and clear a space for the rituals.
Fresh air is good for them too.

Caius can quickly go ahead and bring Edison into her containment room so she is at least there and can have a chat with her sisters.
Bring the tent over there too.
Once she's calmed down she can be released from that as well.
darkmavrik 26th Jun 2018, 7:01 AM edit delete reply
If we're still going out to Mars eventually it might be good to do some trades to prepare. What happened to the broken parts of the space suits we salvaged?
Blue_Elite 26th Jun 2018, 10:46 AM edit delete reply
We used them to make three fully functioning space suits.
pkrankow 26th Jun 2018, 7:10 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Rest
Ghost trio
Obtain car or truck in Southden
Manipulate red and experiment
Knox
Rest
Spa day for the girls
Hands on class of some type completely out of diciplines for the guys
Movie night

Edit
Add
Fix, obtain, or make spacesuits or space armor. Red based rebreathing system?
mr. thought 26th Jun 2018, 8:54 AM edit delete reply
I think we should look into Knox but as much as I want to I think we should rest first and that includes everyone. Get the Mars crew to Ilworth to work on space car. Then get the ghost trio together but carefully. Then we can try to manipulate energy in the red when we are strong enough. After that we will see.
Leafia_Barrett 26th Jun 2018, 9:41 AM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Rest. Good god please rest. Take a spa day. Someone can play taxi with the motorcycle if needed to make sure everybody can get there. We've been going at a mad sprint for the last 2 months. We desperately need a chance to just stop and relax, or the entire team's going to implode eventually.
Blue_Elite 26th Jun 2018, 10:49 AM edit delete reply
Blue_Elite 26th Jun 2018, 10:54 AM edit delete reply
Just a note regarding the advertising campaign: We could see if Maclack would want to foot the bill on that. Maybe even throw in some suggestions himself, the man has got enough venom to spare.

Also if Gargan's connection to Hope and Thale ends up losing him his current contracts, we might want to have Macland see if he can scoop up Gargan's business and prevent Thale from any further takeovers of bioprinters in the future (at least at local hospitals).
Guest 26th Jun 2018, 3:24 PM edit delete reply
Macland's already lost all of his resources in the city in a defacto fashion. Things might still be in his name, but anyone in his corporate hierarchy with authoritative ties to his resources is already compromised or queened.
Guest 26th Jun 2018, 3:24 PM edit delete reply
Macland's already lost all of his resources in the city in a defacto fashion. Things might still be in his name, but anyone in his corporate hierarchy with authoritative ties to his resources is already compromised or queened.
Warp 26th Jun 2018, 4:36 PM edit delete reply
WE should check out more of the Zone Fifty stuff in storage. That's a pretty low energy task.
CrazyBen45 26th Jun 2018, 8:09 PM edit delete reply
This could be a great moment to go over everything in our inventory. Do we still have the welding mask from awhile back?
CrazyBen45 26th Jun 2018, 8:11 PM edit delete reply
And maybe have a spa/beach day? (if beaches are safe)