Comic 1076 - Greet the other yous

Posted on 17th Jun 2018, 5:44 PM in Hope
Greet the other yous

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 17th Jun 2018, 5:44 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You approach the other two aspects of you, and greet them.

The Red-You jumps slightly when she sees you. "What... which one of us are you?"

You shrug. You're the one that's currently gathering everybody else together.

"You sound like us," Red says, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. "The whole us. But you look... well, you look tired."

Visor-Mine nods toward Red. "This is our mental avatar of our red on the human end, and I'm our skepticism. I was, uh... not much to speak of before we did all that syncing with Fuse."

Red rolls her eyes a little. "And now we're so paranoid that it paralyzes us."

"Hey," Visor-Mine retorts, "us being way over prepared has saved lives. There's nothing wrong with trying to have every answer, and having every possible outcome accounted for. Saving Grizwald would have been way worse if not for me."

"You were okay that time," Red replies. "I was starting to wonder if we'd ever stop preparing and just do it, though." She adds, sarcastically, "Maybe the hummer needs bone armor, too, am I right?"

"...I mean," Visor-Mine shrugs, "turning it into a bone tank WOULD be kinda--"

"Ugghhhh!," Red huffs, interrupting her.

...Oddly, you can hear a bit of Fuse in both of them.

At any rate, you inform them both that you took care of the big, angry you that was running around the hallway with knives. She's... suppression of your anger, your frustrations, your regrets... a lot of things, probably. The hall's safe, regardless, she's in the other room venting now.

"Did you get the other one?," asks Visor-Mine.


The... other one...?


As if on cue, it's then that you hear something beneath the floor.


Faint.


Whimpering.

Comments:

Leafia_Barrett 17th Jun 2018, 6:19 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Ask what the other one is exactly.
Gigafreak 17th Jun 2018, 6:20 PM edit delete reply
This... could suck.
Start by bringing these selves to the growing slumber party in the meat-bedroom (though if they want to continue accompanying the main self, they're welcome to do so). Looking for a path to the whimpering aspect... let's start with the skin door in the hall.
Nayru9572 17th Jun 2018, 6:20 PM edit delete reply
Ask if what you're hearing is the 'other one', and regardless ask them what this aspect is like and why we should be wary of her.
Guest 17th Jun 2018, 6:42 PM edit delete reply
Fear.
Blue_Elite 17th Jun 2018, 7:05 PM edit delete reply
Ask visor!Mine and Red!Mine if they got any powers associated with the identities they represent (Fuse's pyrokinesis and Red's control over meat).
chaosblitz 17th Jun 2018, 8:10 PM edit delete reply
well frick, time to run!
Caydenite 17th Jun 2018, 8:19 PM edit delete reply
Brace ourselves for action, and ask for any more info.
ReikoLupus 17th Jun 2018, 8:23 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Ask for a quick answer:
-Characteristics of the thing that is going to appear in some seconds.
-What they can do in terms of fighting.
Portal In Time 17th Jun 2018, 9:09 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
No fighting. That would only turn us against ourselves more. We need to find ourselves, not tear ourselves apart.
ReikoLupus 17th Jun 2018, 10:20 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
But no fighting isn't always the answer.
Sometimes, you need to hit yourself a bit to put yourself in place.
Eveybody had moments like that in their life atleast one time.
The us that attacked us before wasn't able to see us, so she simply directed her rage against us.
But what is going to happen when we find not rage, but the ourselves that is MAD at us, an self-destructive us?
We need to be prepared to things going nasty, to be put in a situation were we need to fight to atleast stop that side of us.
Twelveseal 17th Jun 2018, 9:12 PM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Something like that. Ask what these two know about this other, whimpering Mine. Then try addressing this unseen Mine and ask if she's alright, or if she needs help.
Cyanic 17th Jun 2018, 9:15 PM edit delete reply
Let's quietly flee to the main room (where we started) with these two other selves and when we're there let's ask them if they know what the "other one" they mentioned is the aspect of

Once we have enough info, let's take the skindoor off the ground, so we have some distractions and start approaching the final door in the hallway with the skin
mr. thought 17th Jun 2018, 10:00 PM edit delete reply
I like the idea of putting the skin done on the floor it may buy us some time to ask what it is we are dealing with.