Comic 1073 - Create a distraction

Posted on 15th Jun 2018, 10:38 PM in Chapter VIII
Create a distraction

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (3 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 15th Jun 2018, 10:38 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You start to ask the nurse version of you, quickly, if she has any bandages--

"Nope!"

You both turn and hurry your way back into your 'room,' but on the way in... you grab a book from the bookshelf. You bring a finger to your mouth, suggesting the other you stays quiet as you toss the book toward the mouth in the desk.

Just as the large, knife-wielding you storms in at full speed, the desk opens it maw. The book flies into its open mouth, and it slams its teeth shut. The noise is enough to draw the attention of the raging you; she twists around, furiously shoving both of her large knives into the top of the desk.

She screams again, and begins to struggle to pull the knives back out. The desk, to its credit, doesn't even seem to react to having two knives buried in its surface.

The big, angry you takes up a... pretty significant amount of the room, but you think you and nurse-you could possibly sneak by her while she's struggling to pry her knives free.

On the other hand... with her leaned over the desk, you also think you can reach the bandages that form her blindfold. You have no idea if letting her see would make this situation any better, but if you're going to get a shot at it... this could be it.

Comments:

Toricon 15th Jun 2018, 10:49 PM edit delete reply
Steal her blindfold and run.
crawlers 15th Jun 2018, 10:53 PM edit delete reply
JUST DO IT

Will be hilarious either way.
Macheman7 15th Jun 2018, 10:54 PM edit delete reply
Macheman7
I second this, because there's no sanity like insanity, when it comes to doing things.
Pray to anything Mine might happen to believe in.
Gigafreak 15th Jun 2018, 11:14 PM edit delete reply
Mine, being a sort of god herself, attempting to pray to another god... is kinda like an adult saying "I need an adult!"

But yes, remove the blindfold-- snatch it if possible, slice it if not-- and run! The already-open door at the end of the hallway seems to be the best choice we have at the moment.
Twyll 16th Jun 2018, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
I mean, she's a very *young* god. It's more like a teen saying they need an adult-- happens sometimes, as embarrassing as the teen might find it :P
Swagner 16th Jun 2018, 1:28 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
That or take the blindfold off and say "just what do you think you're doing, young lady? Running with knives? That's dangerous!"
chaosblitz 16th Jun 2018, 9:35 AM edit delete reply
"what do you have?"
"A knife!"
"NO!"
lil Joshu 16th Jun 2018, 2:39 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
I second questioning her running with knives.

This is Mine's mind, and everything here is a reflection of herself or how she sees the world. And frankly, "psychopathic murderer" doesn't really play in. So this more has to be the failing aggressively when not being able to know what's going on... so removing blindfold and letting her know what's going on makes sense if that's the case.

Then again, this is messing in our own brain.


OR... we are currently taking up the whole bunker, just like a certain little ghost girl imprint. We may be getting mingled, and this may be her inner turmoil mixing with ours. Just a thought.
Blue_Elite 16th Jun 2018, 3:07 PM edit delete reply
Sorta like the Meat Circus from Psychonauts?
Cyanic 15th Jun 2018, 10:52 PM edit delete reply
first thing's first, take the skin-door that you cut off from the frame earlier, we might be able to use that if it's not too flimsy

we need to protect nurse us, so let her sneak through as we try to use the scalpel on the bandage on monster us's eye. This is probably actually blind rage as discussed on Discord, unblinding her would either turn her more docile, or just turn her into regular rage

If cutting the blindfold makes it worse, get ready to throw the skin at her and run with Nurse to the next room
Skullrama 15th Jun 2018, 11:33 PM edit delete reply
Nurse!Mine should get to sneak by, agreed. We're gonna play the hero and try to help because of course we are.

It would be out of character NOT to do the probably stupid thing here, really.
Frission 15th Jun 2018, 10:52 PM edit delete reply
Frission
It's that or try to lure her into the empty void. I have no opinion for the moment. o_o
undeadDreamer 15th Jun 2018, 10:53 PM edit delete reply
Sneak past, and at the last second grab her blindfold.
rufiangel 15th Jun 2018, 11:11 PM edit delete reply
rufiangel
This XD
Twelveseal 15th Jun 2018, 11:47 PM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
+1
Akasha 15th Jun 2018, 11:26 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
Or we could just, y'know. Sneak by without subjecting ourselves to potential self-on-self violence.

That's always an option.
CrazyBen45 15th Jun 2018, 11:49 PM edit delete reply
Let's not forget that the closet is a bottomless pit, for worst case scenario.
Skullrama 16th Jun 2018, 12:58 AM edit delete reply
Just gonna say, one more time here, that shoving unwanted aspects of yourself in the closet so you don't have to deal with them... Has some fairly obvious negative implications in the overall metaphor here.
Twelveseal 16th Jun 2018, 1:34 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Which in turn makes me wonder what it's going to be like when we encounter the manifestation of her sexuality.
Blue_Elite 16th Jun 2018, 2:16 AM edit delete reply
I don't think we'll run into a manifestation of sexuality in here. Mine has 99 problems but UST (Unresolved sexual tension) is not one of them.
Twelveseal 16th Jun 2018, 3:26 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
True. But think of the shipteasing possibilities XD
Winged Crusade 16th Jun 2018, 4:16 AM edit delete reply
Winged Crusade
Inb4 it’s just Michelle.
Twelveseal 16th Jun 2018, 4:21 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Inorite XD But maybe it's trolly, and it's a mix of more than one character~
Gigafreak 16th Jun 2018, 6:54 AM edit delete reply
If it's hiding in one of the left-side doors, I will roll my eyes at the pun.
Blue_Elite 16th Jun 2018, 2:19 AM edit delete reply
To the grab the blindfold and run group: We are standing right next to a bed. Albeit a meat bed but a bed nonetheless. Mine can grab the cover off of that (likely skin) to use to obscure or bind rage!Mine if she won't calm down.

EDIT: Actually, if I may propose, use the bedsheet to bind rage!Mine's legs first (there's two of us, one can remove the blindfold and the other can do the leg binding). If after removing the blindfold she calms down, it can be undone. If she doesn't calm down, hopefully she'll still be in such a rage that it'll trip her up.

EDIT x2: Nurse!Mine should probably be the one to do the leg bindings as main!Mine has a vested interest in trying to overcome these aspects directly (and thus undo the eye bandages).
Nayru9572 16th Jun 2018, 4:19 AM edit delete reply
Let the nurse sneak by first before you steal the blindfold.