Comic 1024 - Leave an "egg"

Posted on 15th May 2018, 4:57 PM in Chapter VIII
Leave an "egg"

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 0 (0 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 15th May 2018, 4:57 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You get a... strange idea.

Waiting for the guards to pass and look away from your bug, you carefully have it crawl toward the table in the middle of the room. Once under the table, you have it leave a very small portion of itself behind--an "egg," of sorts.

You can transfer mass between things that are the same thing. You can move mass between yourself and the red, for instance, because you are the red. Thale can move mass between himself and those he believes to be himself. It stands to reason that you could move mass between your bug and this... piece of itself.

So, once the bug gets done exploring in one direction, you could simply slorp it back to this egg, or visa versa.

You wait for the guards to pass again, and you start to peek through the doors. The double doors to the left lead out to a larger chamber--you suspect that's the way to the church's sanctuary.

The double doors to the right--with blue behind their glass--head outside. That seems to be the front door.

The individual door on the far right leads into another hallway, not too different from the one you left behind a minute ago.

Comments:

Cuttlefish 15th May 2018, 5:05 PM edit delete reply
Wow, this is a crazy good power. Once we’ve learned to make mega-sized golems with no non-red matter, we can carry them around as an egg in our pockets!
Funny Joke 15th May 2018, 5:14 PM edit delete reply
We got da POWA! But agreed, this is good.
Now, how about we look at the staircase back there!
Gigafreak 15th May 2018, 7:31 PM edit delete reply
From what Error-Fuse told us...
There was a whole congregation of Thale's followers present in the room where Hope broadcasts his "exorcism." That means it's likely going to take place in the sanctuary.
Also, the monster burst from underneath the room in question.
On the one hand, the staircase from before led upwards-- away from the scene in question. On the other, our rat will likely find the spot where the monster came from, since it seems plausible that it came through the underground tunnels-- so we won't need two creatures scouting the same area at once, meaning we actually might NOT want the bug to fool around in the sanctuary and/or basement.

...Wait. Have we informed our team yet that we ARE scouting the church (and also that the vents are not safe for Lydia to reenter)? Or are they just assuming Jane's doing her "stare into space while mentally talking to her Red" thing again?
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 7:43 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
I suspect a communication failure on our part. We should correct that.
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 6:43 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Sombody else can carry it around...
Blue_Elite 15th May 2018, 7:16 PM edit delete reply
Mr. Seahorse!
PurpleKetchup 15th May 2018, 5:06 PM edit delete reply
Missed the update again...

>Maybe it's better to use this mini-creature as a remote point and make it grow, then plant eyes in hard to spot areas so we have as much surveillance in there as possible.
>Surely they'll drag Grizwald down a corridor at one point...


Growing eggs to teleport around that place can work too, though.
1977 15th May 2018, 5:21 PM edit delete reply
Read the notes on the wall.
Ritburg 15th May 2018, 5:36 PM edit delete reply
Sticking around long enough to read increases the likelihood of being seen.
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 6:50 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
One good look and cleantex... but is the good look worth it?
Blue_Elite 15th May 2018, 7:35 PM edit delete reply
Probably not worth it but if we can get a look while scuttling past why not? This is either a public place or a studio if I'm not mistaken so something out in the open is probably just a schedule or propaganda.
ReikoLupus 15th May 2018, 6:59 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Chekpoint Set!
Damn, I love powers so damn flexible XD.

For now, let's investigate the Sanctuary. It is a good place to plant an "Egg" for later XD.
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 6:59 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
So, which door?
Gold is the left double door
Blue is the right double door

There is also a single gold doorall the way down the hall at the far right.

We came in the far left.

I am for the left, gold double door now. I suspect the single door is more interesting though.

As soon as both are looking away go under the door.
Blue_Elite 15th May 2018, 7:31 PM edit delete reply
I'd say go to the single gold door first. Right now we're trying to secure a path from the tunnels (if any) to Hope's place as a stealth-way in. If we find it with the bug, we can meat meet up with the rat, do the egg-swap and have the rat carry the evidence back with it so no trace is left behind. Then we can freely explore in the other direction (sanctuary and upstairs).
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 8:38 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
As long as the egg is in a safe spot, leave it. We can portal it to a speck if we need later.
Gigafreak 15th May 2018, 7:08 PM edit delete reply
Huh. We can now ALLOW ourselves to be seen, lead the guards around a corner or something, and then transport back to the egg after breaking line of sight. Hopefully, the guards will keep looking for the bug around its last known location, allowing us to merrily stroll from the egg to the post they've abandoned. (Also hopefully, they'll think we're a roach or stinkbug or something rather than a Red golem.)

But that's probably best as a backup plan in case we slip up and are spotted.
Blue_Elite 15th May 2018, 7:24 PM edit delete reply
Best as backup.

Thale is already super paranoid. Maybe even mega paranoid after the whole warehouse situation (he thought that place was untouchable). If we can avoid any suspicion whatsoever, that's for the best at least until we're ready to actually raid the place.
For now, we need to find a good path inside (almost there; we found the outside entrance, now we need to see if we can find a tunnel-way in).
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 7:32 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
No, we cannot allow ourselves to be seen...unless mistaken for actual insects.

Then we are going to end up testing forced shape shifting and need to become an unrecognizable smear on impact, and to move our mass somewhere else before a close look can be had... but some remains must remain.
pkrankow 15th May 2018, 8:43 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Let us communicate to our group that action is very slowly happening with the syringe Griz had.
ReikoLupus 15th May 2018, 8:58 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Yep, they need to know.