Comic 1014 - Lead it to the eye

Posted on 11th May 2018, 1:16 PM in Hope
Lead it to the eye

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 11th May 2018, 1:16 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You fire a quick burst of needles through the doorway--partly to try and bait the monster back to the eye in the hallway, partly to see if you can blood this thing.

The creature's long neck jerks abruptly... as it fires a burst of electricity from its upper eye. Not a solid beam, but a cone of arcing, jumping electricity. Not one needle reaches its destination.

The good news is--since this thing isn't opening with that attack, you suspect it's a short range maneuver. The bad news is that it can do that at all. You promptly tell Caius NOT to get into melee with this thing.

The creature begins to shamble forward. It's faster than you remember, but not too fast for you to cope with. Everyone moves back behind the eye. You have the eye charge up a blast while Michelle spins her barrels up.


The creature begins to squeeze through the door. Michelle unloads with a barrage of minigun rounds, the monster's large mass making it easy to hit even from a decent distance. You have your eye fire through the upper... stem... eye thing of the shambler, removing its electrical option. As soon as the monster shifts into range, Fuse lights it on fire.

The monster is... very hardy. You're not actually sure how tough the original was for comparison--you know that a stratemeyer cannon took it out, but that's not much of a gauge for resilience.

Before you can get a second blast from the eye charged up, the monster stabs it. You all start to back up, back toward the entrance of the hall, as you realize something's... leaking out of the shambler. A fine, pink mist, like some kind of gas. On closer inspection, it's pouring out of the monster's bullet holes.

As you all continue to back away, Michelle continues to fire, aiming for the thing's... uhhh... 'face.'

"How tough is this son of a bitch?!," Caius yells. Fuse focuses on trying to spread his flames to burn the monster out faster. It seems to be shambling... slower, at least, beginning to hunch over more and bleeding out.


image


Its 'face' opens. It fires its long tongue, which starts to wrap into Michelle's armor--as though it were mildly prehensile. Michelle digs her heels in and keeps firing...

but the monster doesn't start to drag her to it. It unsticks its shambling numbs from the floor... and begins to quickly reel itself straight at Michelle.

Comments:

The bohiem 11th May 2018, 2:05 PM edit delete reply
Michlles cut the tongue
Jane: NEEDLES
Cauis CAT magzine.
Fuse you fire Ball
The bohiem 11th May 2018, 2:08 PM edit delete reply
Also...
I don't know, get michlles out of there!
Next time we need NADES!
and more guns.
we got to make Pieace learn Gunsmithing.
chaosblitz 11th May 2018, 2:13 PM edit delete reply
Make a knife from bone and cut the things tongue off, and also chuck a desk at it to slow it down.
Gigafreak 11th May 2018, 3:43 PM edit delete reply
Most of the team has handguns. Just stick the barrel against the tongue and shoot it off-- no need to spend time rummaging around in the red for a knife. Fuse is busy with the fire, and Michelle is busy with her minigun, so Caius is the best bet for this.
Throwing the desk is a good idea, though. Caius is probably the best choice for that at the moment, too.
Marshmallow 11th May 2018, 5:28 PM edit delete reply
But considering the size of the monster, the bullet might not cut the tongue or even penetrate it.
Gigafreak 11th May 2018, 7:07 PM edit delete reply
Michelle's bullets (which are also mere pistol-caliber, remember) are puncturing the monster's flesh and innards just fine, considering it's "beginning to hunch over more and bleeding out." The minigun isn't stronger than the handguns, it just shoots more rapidly.
Guest 11th May 2018, 6:43 PM edit delete reply
If I recall we brought a machete or two, no?
The bohiem 11th May 2018, 2:14 PM edit delete reply
ALSO ALSO don't breath the mist.
It smells of BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Portal In Time 11th May 2018, 2:14 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
Oh! Okay! We need to pump a LOT of blood from the red, and use it to portal that monster COMPLETELY OUT OF THIS DIMENSION!

The last one hit Michelle with a gore cannon, we'll hit this with one of our own, and then some!
chaosblitz 11th May 2018, 2:36 PM edit delete reply
I'm kinda worried about the bloodloss we might get from that, but if we aren't gonna get to woozy from it, I vote we go for it.
Portal In Time 11th May 2018, 2:57 PM edit delete reply
Portal In Time
If we use our red for The Blood, then we don't have to worry about our human body at all - Just force a massive amount of blood from a concentrated point and we'd be golden!
Swagner 11th May 2018, 5:10 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Do you mean a firehouse of blood to attack it with, or dumping blood all over the floor to create a portal and suck it into the red (to be destroyed at our leisure)?
pkrankow 11th May 2018, 6:30 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Or a ...um.. blood jet cutter.
Swagner 11th May 2018, 2:15 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
I'm wondering how light it must be for it to pull itself to Michelle instead of the other way around. At any rate, now that it can't do the electricity trick any more, I'd say wrestling it into the acid walls like the previous monster might be the way to go, after doing something about the tongue. Did anyone bring a knife? Or could we inject/rot it apart?
Wii G 11th May 2018, 3:00 PM edit delete reply
I don't think we wanna get close to this thing while it's leaking mystery mist.
Guest 11th May 2018, 2:16 PM edit delete reply
Use the dead bonewhip monster's sharp bone whips to cut the tongue, and to put something between Michelle and the Shambler.
Gigafreak 11th May 2018, 2:57 PM edit delete reply
Since its electric attack is gone, the "something between Michelle and the monster" can be Caius with his new shield. Holding his breath, in case that unidentified pink mist is hazardous.

Doesn't Caius have a handgun? He could press the barrel against the monster's tongue and shoot it apart to free Michelle!
Twyll 11th May 2018, 2:19 PM edit delete reply
Since we made Michelle's bone armor, can we manipulate it at will? We could warp the shape of her armor to make a bone blade to cut through the tongue.

Failing that, Fuse knows how to burn through something that is grappling Michelle from a distance, as we saw in Cam's hospital.

Everyone fall back further, Caius and Michelle go back through the doors and past the acid walls, while Fuse and Jane go through the vent and try to re-activate the acid walls. Even if we can't re-activate the walls, if it pursues Michelle and Caius, then Jane and Fuse can emerge from the vent behind it and we can flank it.
pkrankow 11th May 2018, 6:33 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
A pata?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pata_(sword)
Toricon 11th May 2018, 2:20 PM edit delete reply
Blood the tongue.
Night Ot Eternity 11th May 2018, 2:27 PM edit delete reply
Err, I could be mistaken but the 2 images in Author Notes seems to be identical.


I also vote to detach Michelle from the creature. We do not know the fluids within it, thus it might be better to detach her armour and the retreats to the next room.
Night Ot Eternity 11th May 2018, 2:29 PM edit delete reply
Err never mind I see the 2 image difference.

Detach armour and retreat still stands.
Akasha 11th May 2018, 2:40 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
So, the grape shambler ate the meatballs, right?

Can we turn them into shrapnel bombs, or are they too chewed up? Also, if possible, we should try and get the eye to burst into spikes (or one big spike) and catch the shambler in an attempt to further slow it down, on top of whatever else we're gonna do. That seems like a good idea.
zelly_fangirl 11th May 2018, 2:47 PM edit delete reply
jack up Caius to let him shield smash the tongue. if it's sturdy enough, the edge might cut through it like an axe.

i also second the shrapnel bombs on the outside and turning the wall eye into one massive spike. preferably one that stretches across the hallway and through the monster.
pkrankow 11th May 2018, 6:44 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
Good idea. A smash then drag on the ground with the shield edge should seriously mess up any tissue caught.
Leafia_Barrett 11th May 2018, 2:49 PM edit delete reply
Leafia_Barrett
Jane: Attempt to convert the laser eye into an bone spike that suddenly and forcefully stabs out from the wall and through the shambler. Not to cause damage, but to skewer it and hold it in place, even if it's just for a moment. If there's enough material, make the bone spike go all the way through the shambler and stab into the opposite wall. After this either succeeds or fails, fire as many needles as you can at the thing, preferably at the face-mouth area, and use the blood as a bioweapon - direct it to the tongue and start ripping the cells apart as quickly as possible.
Caius: Try to rush forward and use the shield like a dull axe - slam the edge of it down onto the tongue to try to sever it. If it works, back off quickly, try to avoid the pink mist.
Michelle: Is the thing attached to your armor or you? Is there any way you can shed the armor piece quickly if it's just holding onto that?
Wote 11th May 2018, 3:28 PM edit delete reply
Seconding getting our blood into this thing. We just took out its main defense and we can always get more blood. If nothing else, having blood inside it will possibly pay off eventually, even if it's just doing like Leafia suggested.
Blue_Elite 11th May 2018, 2:59 PM edit delete reply
Michelle should now aim explicitly at the open mouth the tongue is coming out of. Fuse should burn the tongue; with it wrapped into Michelle's armour, we don't have to worry too much about Michelle getting burned (though aiming close to the mouth to hit the tongue is preferred). Jane should fire a syringe either into the tongue (if she CAN make that shot) and just rot that part off or into the open mouth and try to get the creature to bite its own tongue off.
Caius should get ready to perform a bullrush with the shield once the tongue is broken in any way. Just stop the monster's momentum and backoff, don't stay within range of the pink mist it's spewing out.
Hopefully the tongue is the last trick it has and we can just finish it off from there. Continue to retreat and keep firing and burning the thing as necessary until it stops moving.
Then group hugs.

Side note about the Cat Magazine: I was expecting this to be a bomb that we'd feed to the monster; specifically the bioprinter monster that could only be harmed from the inside. With the bioprinter monster no longer being the end-floor boss, I'm now thinking it's either harmless or summons the hand monsters we've yet to encounter. AFTER this, I'd like to just flip through the pages with a golem to make sure it isn't still a bomb or a summoning trap. Otherwise free loot!
ReikoLupus 11th May 2018, 3:06 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Jane: Try to Blood the monster. Before, it destroyed out Attack in the air, That's the evidence that it considered it as a Danger. Maybe we CAN Blood this thing. And after firing, try to transform the eye like everyone else wants XD.
Fuse: Put in fire the tongue of this bastardo XD.
Michelle: If she can move her arms, then open fire!
Caius: Cut that tongue with your Shield! (I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW THAT WE MUST CREATE A BONE HALBERD FOR CAIUS!!! XDXDXD)
Twyll 11th May 2018, 4:31 PM edit delete reply
>bone halberd

Hmmm... Maybe a bone lucerne hammer, or a bone bec-de-corbin, to make use of Caius' physical strength with the crushing damage?
1977 11th May 2018, 3:07 PM edit delete reply
Since it lost the electrical attack we could again try to blood it.
Fuse continue burning it.
Cut the tongue.

For the next time it may be a good idea to make gasmasks, now it's a bit late for that.
Create melee weapons which are also guns, RWBY-style.
Blue_Elite 11th May 2018, 4:32 PM edit delete reply
We have gas masks. We just never use them. Same with rubber gloves.

We should probably make a laundry list of generally useful items to bring pretty much everywhere. Maybe get a backpack or tote bag to carry it in (assuming we've lost the backpack we got from the hospital like the pink eyepatch we had).
Memo 11th May 2018, 3:18 PM edit delete reply
Memo
Fire Michelles canon into the mouth, that should cut of the tunge.
Too Many Monkeys 11th May 2018, 3:49 PM edit delete reply
http://bloodismine.thecomicseries.com/comics/705

If it attaches itself to someone ...
Cuttlefish 11th May 2018, 5:08 PM edit delete reply
The tongue seems like the best place to blood right now.
zelly_fangirl 11th May 2018, 5:17 PM edit delete reply
seconded
zelly_fangirl 11th May 2018, 5:19 PM edit delete reply
The more i stare at this...shambling mass of nope...the more it looks like there's some scrap hanging from one of the spines on its back; some yellow thing. Is that just more awful monster flesh, or is that something else?
Marshmallow 11th May 2018, 5:31 PM edit delete reply
We really should have made like bone knives or machetes.
PurpleKetchup 11th May 2018, 6:06 PM edit delete reply
Well, the gas is apparently not very explosive, flammable, or corrosive, since it doesn't exactly looks like it's doing anything to that thing while open flames are still on.
Not asphyxiating, else the fires would also go out. Possibly some sort of toxin it's immune to ? Maybe drugs ? Anyone's guess at this point.

Once Michelle is freed, Fuse should increase the amount of burnination on this thing, since it has the advantages of hurting it, blinding it and cutting its oxygen supply which will eventually leave it weak or dead, all while not adding too many holes and letting gas out.
undeadDreamer 11th May 2018, 6:12 PM edit delete reply
More needles.
pkrankow 11th May 2018, 6:51 PM edit delete reply
pkrankow
With enough heat mist will burn.