Comic 1003 - Avoid getting crushed, or burned

Posted on 7th May 2018, 10:34 PM in Chapter VIII
Avoid getting crushed, or burned

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (2 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 7th May 2018, 10:34 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
"What're we doin'?," Caius asks, sounding just a little panicked.

"We can't shoot the walls," Michelle says. "A lot o' this stuff looks like it's gonna pop."

"Maybe bone guy's gotta die," Fuse suggests. "Maybe the room won't be 'cleared' until we take him out."

"I dunno," Michelle replies. "We coulda made it through the spider room with all the spiders intact, right? We'da' barged right into the electrified door, but we coulda done it."

You and Fuse could fit through the vent, but Michelle and Caius can't. You could try to expand the vent--it worked back at your house.

"Could be set in the concrete," Michelle says. "Unless they rigged it so you could do exactly that, I don't see it happenin'."

"Maybe they did," Caius throws out with a shrug as he watches the walls move in. "Maybe that's tha challenge here?"

You consider having your blooded monster try to slow one of the walls down--however, the length of its arms and its entire tail are sharp and jagged. You don't think it could do much without... puncturing... the walls, and Michelle's right--most of the walls look like they could burst on a dime. You're lucky the stray bullet that hit the right wall hit somewhere more solid.

"Fuck it!," Caius yells. He moves forward, about to try and physically force the wall back himself... and immediately stops as its ribcage-like protrusions start to swing, as if its defending itself.

"They were NOT doing that when we came in," Fuse points out. "Try the bookshelf. Maybe there's a secret exit."

As Caius starts to turn the bookshelf over, you eye the vent. It seems like an obvious factor, you just don't know how--if it's really set into the concrete, you can't do much with it, not for half your party. You also have no idea where it leads.


You hurriedly send your monster into the vent, having it scurry forward into the dark to see where it goes.



image


What.

Comments:

Wote 7th May 2018, 10:51 PM edit delete reply
Sounds like it's vent-blooding time to me, concrete be damned.
undeadDreamer 7th May 2018, 10:59 PM edit delete reply
looks like that one thing mom's red has. put some blood in it and then check out the thing on the left.
Gigafreak 8th May 2018, 7:08 AM edit delete reply
Top priority: Get Jane's blood into the meat pedestal. Second priority: Fiddle with the console on the left (may require Fuse)

Monster opens the grate (with force if necessary), returns to the meat wall room. Jane climbs into the vent, Fuse climbs in after. Can the monster get through the vents faster than these two? If so, we can have it propel them: Jane's feet on Fuse's shoulders, and monster pushing on Fuse's feet with its torso. That way, both Jane and Fuse can do their tasks at once- rather than having Jane do the pedestal and then having to sprint across the room and sync with Fuse before even starting with the console.

Let's not have the other two push on the walls recklessly. Pimples and bubble wrap can be burst with simple pressure, after all.
lil Joshu 8th May 2018, 11:09 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Seconded: Blondie to Blood pedastal, Fuse to Computer
Swagner 7th May 2018, 11:15 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
If we were able to blood the brain thing, could we blood the walls? Or maybe pull a bunch of very ph-basic liquid from the red to neutralize their acid?
undeadDreamer 7th May 2018, 11:16 PM edit delete reply
The brain thing doesn't have acid, so we can blood it.
Swagner 7th May 2018, 11:57 PM edit delete reply
Swagner
Oh, I misread the previous page, I thought the brain had acid too.
ReikoLupus 7th May 2018, 11:24 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Well, I suppose this is the only way XD.
And... WHY concrete would be able to stop us? Even if it is there, Smash it and expand the vent XD.
Blue_Elite 7th May 2018, 11:25 PM edit delete reply
Even if there is no secret to the bookcase, laying it on the floor might slow down the walls without popping them. Fuse should also burn over their eyes as these walls might actually be able to make use of them.

That green wire looks familiar. I think we should have Mr. Spiney break through the vent as it'll probably trigger a trap. Then Jane can investigate the Mom's Red's mouth there (is that skin under it?).

Plan B is we can slowly bleed out the left wall and just kinda fountain red/meat against the acid to counteract it. The walls can only have so much acid, we've got unlimited red.
ReikoLupus 7th May 2018, 11:30 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Good ideas XD.
Send the Monster to Trigger the traps in the room for us while we expand the vent, put Caius to use the bookcase to slow down the walls, and make Fuse burn the eyes of the walls.
And in the other side, put your Blood in the altar XD.
Cuttlefish 7th May 2018, 11:36 PM edit delete reply
Good plan!
skybirds15 8th May 2018, 12:07 AM edit delete reply
We could, like... make some giant meat walls from the red, maybe, and push them against the acid ones. The only thing to stop the slowly-closing walls trap is the slowly-opening walls trap. That's all I got, really, unless we can break the ribs off to push the walls ourselves.
skybirds15 8th May 2018, 12:10 AM edit delete reply
Wait, the spiny brain thing is stronk enough to pull Caius, and... maybe doesn't have spikes on the ends of its tentacles? I'm saying maybe spiny guy here might be able to push the walls while easily avoiding the ribs.
skybirds15 8th May 2018, 12:13 AM edit delete reply
Or, if we can't pull off the walls thing, we could just go for a red-produced battering ram, that the ribs aren't strong enough to do much about and won't puncture anything, and use that to push.

Basically, the infinite amount of meat thing is OP as heck, and we should capitalize on that.
Cuttlefish 8th May 2018, 1:01 AM edit delete reply
Even if we cant make that much meat, some big meaty chucks could be jammed over our monster's claws and let it push without popping the walls. Might buy some time.
fellow 8th May 2018, 2:51 AM edit delete reply
fellow
This is another trapped vent, isn't it?

Perhaps we could make some kind of meat boat+ponchos for caius and michelle, and puncture the bottom of the walls?

We could also convert the spikes of the brain monster into something else, so it can push back the wall after all.

As a last resort we could make Michelle and Caius longer and thinner but that's gonna be horrible.
PurpleKetchup 8th May 2018, 3:33 AM edit delete reply
Hmm, maybe it's a race against time kind of deal - hurry down and feed the mouth so the acid meatwalls go back to their starting positions... but that's a massive gamble.
Caius and Michelle should definitely use the bookshelf to slow their progression.
Waddle Dee 8th May 2018, 5:12 AM edit delete reply
Isn't it obvious? We need to get our blood into that red receptacle. Have our monster charge through and follow afterwards ourself, be wary of traps.
Guest 8th May 2018, 5:32 AM edit delete reply
Well, it's time to go down the chute one way or another.
psychoshen 8th May 2018, 6:15 AM edit delete reply
psychoshen
I've got a lot of ideas, but I don't know what any of them are worth.

Could Jane make bone rods? Enough for everyone to use to push on the walls. I'm hoping they can topple one or both. Maybe Caius and Michelle are strong enough to lift the shelving to do that?

They could also try to damage the edges of the meat walls, assuming that's what they're using to move forward.

If we can't push them over, lay the book case on the floor? They might not be able to clear it, and that could keep them at bay and give us more time to think things through.

I like Swagner's idea with bases, maybe we could produce a large quantity from the red, like lye.

A slight modification on a couple of the ideas could be to make an expanding rod to push back on the walls.

EDIT: Is that one door still electrified? We could hook it to the meat wall somehow, might kill it?
Ablaze 8th May 2018, 6:36 AM edit delete reply
Have Fuse burn a hole in the back of the monster wall. The goal is to drain the acid away from you! Use the bookshelf as shelter in case it explodes. Work on the left wall near it's bottom. It should too over backwards if you burn it well enough. And head for the door when it's free, maybe using the beacon to ferry you across.
Mochi 8th May 2018, 7:29 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
attempt to break the vent so everyone can fit. if that's not possible, fuse and jane hustle through the vent to the pedestal and computer screen. it may be one or the other, not both, but better safe than sorry. use the monster to break down the vent cover to save time. if caius and michelle can't get in the vent, they need to stick together as close to the center of the room as they can and avoid the walls.
fellow 8th May 2018, 9:21 AM edit delete reply
fellow
Hmm, perhaps we could push the bookshelf into the left wall and push it back with that? The bookshelf doesn't need to fear the wall and everyone(including the monster), could help push behind it.
Warp 8th May 2018, 9:44 AM edit delete reply
It is time to remove a vial of blood from the Syringe Gun and hand it to the controlled monster to transport to the Red Mouth.

It is time to open up a proper Portal into The Red: Spill blood on the floor by firing a or breaking a syringe and begin MANIFESTING, no control needed, just a preference for bone and whatever comes along for the ride.
ReikoLupus 8th May 2018, 10:15 AM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Good idea, it isn't necessary to put our Blood there ourselfs XD.
lil Joshu 8th May 2018, 12:31 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Thirded
ReikoLupus 8th May 2018, 10:15 AM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
Good idea, it isn't necessary to put our Blood there ourselfs XD.