Comic 1084 - Return to your body

Posted on 22nd Jun 2018, 10:35 PM in Chapter VIII
Return to your body

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 22nd Jun 2018, 10:35 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You tell Faraday that you're okay. Everything's fine.




You're not okay, and everything's not fine.

As you take a step, your vision jerks. It feels like you can't... line yourself up straight, like there's so much of you it doesn't fit in one.

You stumble toward the door. Or... simply appear there. Almost. Near the door. Around it. You make the motion to walk, but it feels like you're just... simultaneously being where you're going, while not moving at all. You Schrödinger Walk your way back to the entrance hall, and to your body.

On the one hand, rejoining your body while you consist of this much energy is probably a bad idea.

On the other hand, it's taking a lot of focus just to move from one place to another, and you're not real sure how long you can keep this up. Your abruptly shifting vantage points are already starting to feel further and further from one another.

You force yourself back into your body.



Unlike before--where the feeling came back slowly... this hits you all at once. Burning. It's like every nerve is on fire. You instinctively jerk, gritting your teeth. It takes a moment for the burning to fade, or... for you to start getting used to it, you're not sure which.

You grab onto the nearby desk, and pull yourself to your feet. You're... standing, and intact. Vision's fine. Faraday still looks pretty concerned, but... whatever that was, it seems to have resolved itself.


At least, you think so, until you notice the hairs of your arms standing on end.


And the occasional spark jumping across the air around your body.




image

Comments:

Gigafreak 22nd Jun 2018, 11:01 PM edit delete reply
Well, now that we have blood again, we should let the others know we're okay. Maybe see what they're up to, and look at the nearest clock to check how long that took.

Maybe find some way to safely discharge all that excess electricity, too.
Swagner 23rd Jun 2018, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
Swagner
We can probably ground safely through the red, as long as we distribute the blood portals evenly throughout our body.
Cuttlefish 23rd Jun 2018, 2:20 AM edit delete reply
We should probably unsync Liz from Dr. Finch. Hopefully we haven't been gone for too long.
Cuttlefish 23rd Jun 2018, 2:20 AM edit delete reply
We should probably unsync Liz from Dr. Finch. Hopefully we haven't been gone for too long.
lil Joshu 23rd Jun 2018, 11:33 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
How about using a bit of red to make Mine a little taller, squeeze in some more mass (by converting some fat to muscle), and maybe make normally dead parts of the body alive? (Convert some bone back to cartiladge, maybe make our hair follicles alive instead of dead? I dunno.) If Mine's mental energy is folding in multi-dimensional way, maybe the red could follow that a bit and extend our body along whatever dimensions that folding is happening along. Heck, might unlock cool planeswalking or time-travel powers if we do that. Or something... something to do with extra dimensions.

If we dump it into the red, we'll need to section off areas inside our red to dump it into first, I think. That's our mental energy there, we don't want to accidentally spread ourselves too thin by our energy going too deep into the red too fast.
CrazyBen45 22nd Jun 2018, 11:02 PM edit delete reply
Ya! we're back
Blue_Elite 23rd Jun 2018, 12:23 AM edit delete reply
CrazyBen45 22nd Jun 2018, 11:02 PM edit delete reply
Ya! we're back
Guest 22nd Jun 2018, 11:03 PM edit delete reply
Keep feet close together, avoid making a 'circuit' that crosses over any vitals- let others know whats going on.
Barswanian 22nd Jun 2018, 11:05 PM edit delete reply
Yes this.

Also, seriously, did the ghost children have color before?
Gigafreak 22nd Jun 2018, 11:14 PM edit delete reply
Yes. Edison wore red, Tesla wore blue.
T41 23rd Jun 2018, 12:02 AM edit delete reply
Speaking of, where is Tes?
Akasha 22nd Jun 2018, 11:04 PM edit delete reply
Akasha
Aaalrighty, then. I'm just gonna put aside any stupid shit I'd normally say and, like... suggest that you take a few slow, steady breaths. Calm yourself and maybe... see if you can't tone the electricity down. Also, check to make sure your body isn't frying itself from suddenly having your amped-up imprint return to your body.
Twyll 22nd Jun 2018, 11:09 PM edit delete reply
Can we vent some of this excess electricity into the red, perhaps? Make some kind of organic battery to store it in?
Skullrama 22nd Jun 2018, 11:23 PM edit delete reply
Yeah, a chemical battery of some sort might be a good storage place for the excess energy for now. At least enough that we won't zap everything we touch.
undeadDreamer 22nd Jun 2018, 11:13 PM edit delete reply
Try to do a finger gun and shoot out electricity. Probably can't but who knows.
Cyanic 22nd Jun 2018, 11:15 PM edit delete reply
MAKE SURE NONE OF OUR NONE-GHOST FRIENDS TOUCH US or even come into the vicinity, just warn them that we're sparking. A lot.

EDIT: Discord seems to wanna talk to Finch via blood and ask him what he thinks about this

EDIT2: And Fuse too
Twelveseal 22nd Jun 2018, 11:48 PM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Sounds good. And maybe that organic battery idea as well.
Frission 23rd Jun 2018, 12:00 AM edit delete reply
Frission
Did... we just get superpowers?

Like, more superpowers? o_O

TEST FOR SUPERPOWERS!! :O
Winged Crusade 23rd Jun 2018, 12:15 AM edit delete reply
Winged Crusade
GO DOWN THE GOOD INFAMOUS PATH AND UNLOCK HERO ELECTRICITY ABILITIES!
lil Joshu 23rd Jun 2018, 11:40 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
It's raw power at the moment, if we develop superpowers, I suspect it'll be because we figure out a way to utilize the power.
PurpleKetchup 23rd Jun 2018, 2:10 AM edit delete reply
The merging is complete. Archon!Mine needs focus...
Blue_Elite 23rd Jun 2018, 2:19 AM edit delete reply
"Power Overwhelming" would be oddly appropriate.
PurpleKetchup 23rd Jun 2018, 5:27 AM edit delete reply
And "<i>You all look so different on this side...</i>".
WalkerOfSorrow 23rd Jun 2018, 12:17 AM edit delete reply
And now we have Conduit powers! Or we're about to explode! Either way is fun!
Crestlinger 23rd Jun 2018, 12:23 AM edit delete reply
Hmm an abundance of electricity with nowhere to go? Redirection time! Fire at the generators in a slow bleed if possible.
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_redirection#cite_note-S3-6
Blue_Elite 23rd Jun 2018, 12:26 AM edit delete reply
Probably should avoid going into the portal door until this is resolved.

Probably should avoid a LOT of things until this is resolved.
DrBilly 23rd Jun 2018, 1:25 AM edit delete reply
It makes sense, really. We put ourselves in a Folkat machine, and now we have as much energy as a spirit that's been in a Folkat machine. But we're in a body? We gotta get a handle on this as soon as possible, before we sneeze and shoot lightning through our eyes.
DrBilly 23rd Jun 2018, 2:16 AM edit delete reply
Not "out of our eyes."

Through them.
Cuttlefish 23rd Jun 2018, 3:13 AM edit delete reply
I mean, we do have an ocular laser-beam emitter we could probably now power.
Twelveseal 23rd Jun 2018, 6:23 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
Obligatory "I'mma chargin' mah lazer."
Caydenite 23rd Jun 2018, 9:13 AM edit delete reply
I have no memory of that, but yeah, we should use that! If we make a battery in the red, we could probably connect them via portal. Ask Finch and Fuse how to do, like, any of that.
Twelveseal 23rd Jun 2018, 9:17 AM edit delete reply
Twelveseal
We got it off a wall-mounted laser eye monster in Bunker X.
fellow 23rd Jun 2018, 3:11 AM edit delete reply
fellow
Maybe we should look inside the magic book and check if it says anything about this.
Nayru9572 23rd Jun 2018, 5:10 AM edit delete reply
i recall an old trick my dad told me for how to discharge a car that's been struck by lightning: hit it with a wooden stick. Would that work here?
Then again, we'd probably need one of our friends to get one for us outside the bunker, perhaps in Ilworth.
Also, reassure Faraday that we're feeling fine now, just a bit charged.
PurpleKetchup 23rd Jun 2018, 5:32 AM edit delete reply
Just as a safety measure, you should probably double check what your dad tells you in the future. Don't use wood to ground a charge from a capacited car (or anything, really) - depending how dry/dead it is, you're more conductive than the branch.

Use proper gear instead.
pkrankow 23rd Jun 2018, 7:46 AM edit delete reply
pkrankow
A low conductive item may help safely ground the charge. Black rubber (tires, radiator and fuel hoses) contain enough carbon that they measure as conductive, but very high resistance.

A fast discharge would be dangerous unless we have full control. People work on live high tension power lines relying on a large enough air gap to not have a spark. Static electricity is safe as is being held at a high voltage. Moving this potential is where it gets dangerous.
lil Joshu 23rd Jun 2018, 11:43 AM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
And this is what it means to ascend to SuperMine level 2! Kaaaahhhh....meeeehhh...

*cough* Sorry... couldn't help myself...
ReikoLupus 23rd Jun 2018, 12:02 PM edit delete reply
ReikoLupus
"Ha, until now you only fought my first form!
Prepare to see my true power!!!"
-Mine talking face to face with Thale-

It looks like we can't hug people until we put this under control XD. Hugging Faraday needs to wait.
Say sorry to her for not being able to hug her for now. After that, use the Blood to tell everyone that we returned as Super Mine 2 (Or SM2).